• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy From Once There Was. [Accepting]

@AssassinHD

With the fixes, there are no glaring issues with anything in the sheet. Glad you guys can help each other! It makes me extremely proud! :) Alchemists are this world's 'scientists'. But a horrifying world this is. Experiments gone terribly wrong happen the occasional week, so it's no wonder many of them a strange and mad. But the 'surprise' is one of the perks of the job.

And as for your question earlier. Yes. :)

Do you have a rough estimation of the soonest time we can start? I'll try to finish my backstory before then since I've been holding it off hehe.

Probably tonight or tomorrow even. The main reason for the delay is because I'm working on something crucial myself regarding backstory and plot. Sorry! D:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mikailgirl

Your character is accepted! Not much to say other than I like her overall. With your character added, we have a well-balanced cast from the looks of things. Hope you have a good stay here! :)

sweet leggo! so hype rn

also I love how im like the only one who chose a realistic picture for the appearance xD

Well, I specified that I prefer only drawn or illustrated pictures, but then I don't really want to deny someone just because of something so minimal. So w/e. xD

I am uncomfortable with using pictures and moving images of actual real life people.

For whatever reason, I don't like to impose personalities, and backstories, and such on actual people, since, to me, I feel as if I am cursing them to suffer, say, if my character has a past fraught with disasters, and a future with deaths and sorrows.

Just my opinion though, so eh.

RyuShura said:
Well, I specified that I prefer only drawn or illustrated pictures, but then I don't really want to deny someone just because of something so minimal. So w/e. xD
Ik well i can't draw, and i didn't see any drawing ones that i really wanted to use.

simj22 said:
I am uncomfortable with using pictures and moving images of actual real life people.
For whatever reason, I don't like to impose personalities, and backstories, and such on actual people, since, to me, I feel as if I am cursing them to suffer, say, if my character has a past fraught with disasters, and a future with deaths and sorrows.

Just my opinion though, so eh.
Interesting opinion. Never thought of it that way.

@AssassinHD

Like I said, it's no problem, I can just use my imagination to fill in the gaps in theme. I would only really deny someone if they have a serious lack of writing skill or attitude that cannot be resolved.

Anywho, I'm just worried about my end to deliver my envisioned story and world... this one piece of lore is really testing my mental limits. I feel frustrated at the lack of ideas when it should be so simple. And I can't just skip it because it is crucial to the events to come. Hopefully I overcome it soon so I can start...

What's the lingo in this world? Is it formal medieval speak, with some exceptions in the side of the less eloquent? Or will there be some progress into contractions and more modern speak?

Well, I imagined a somewhat reformed late medieval language. You can throw a few terms in here and there, but it doesn't have to be 100% accurate. The world is massive in scale, so there will be a lot of different dialects, but overall, I wanted to keep things simple. As long as characters don't speak with modern slang or memes, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. It would definitely break immersion if someone like referenced a specific place or person in our world.

I was meaning more like the difference between

"It is akin to the difference between" and "It's like the difference between" rather than memes and shit.

But going by what you told me, I guess the majority is to the former, yes?

Yeah, somewhat eloquent, but still pretty simple. :D I wouldn't want to anyone to pull up a dictionary to look up words every other sentence because dialogue is too archaic and complicated.

Having sorted out the plot, I've pretty much ready to start the RP! Yay~! :D

But first, I'd like to put down some pointers on how things will work before we move forward. After all, this is a detailed RP, and as I try my best to provide a quality world, I expect the same from my dear players! I feel like I've seen many roleplays start where people have mixed impressions and so some posts are either awkward or misinformed. Please feel free to ask me about anything. Though some things in this RP are meant to be vague or unknown.

1. Posting order is loose until I specify a certain event which defines a set order. There is no paragraph or word quota for any one post. Just post what is necessary. Though nice writing is always enjoyable. :D

2. In combat, where the most problems arise, I will state the rules of conducting these events clearly here. There is no auto-hitting or manipulating my NPCs unless I allow it. That means you will post your intentions or action and I will react with a following post accordingly. Also, often players will be separated across a large area, so movements across map may upwards of a few posts of other player's actions. Please be patient! You will all get your moments of spotlight.

3. Events and information is triggered solely by the player, so feel free to explore. I will issue posts addressing these smaller events. Sometimes I will use NPCs to help, but don't expect them to do everything.

4. Adhering to the grim tone of this RP, your characters will be faced with challenges and choices. They will be punished or rewarded accordingly. Death may happen. My decisions are not personal in any way.

Well, now that I got all that through... who's ready to start? :)

@Deccimo @Fenn @Ophirius @simj22 @The One Eyed Bandit @Semblance @AssassinHD @Mikailgirl

Oh god I haven't been getting any alerts! I'm pretty ready, and I'll manage to complete the back story tomorrow I hope. Was working on another sheet this recent. :9

Ayeee I'm so hyped for this!!

Just letting you know that I'm away for a cousins wedding this weekend but I'll be back tomorrow evening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back