• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy From Once There Was. [Accepting]

Hm, was working on my blob of a backstory but I just gave her a read over.

Not bad, it's written adequately too! As for the character, nothing particularly stands out except the way her aether interacts with her injuries is pretty rad plus her journal is neat too!. In all, she seems like a stable and realistic character.

Perhaps it's a regional trait. :P

Actually there's not that many comparatively.

Last edited by a moderator:
@simj22 She seems very interesting and definitely fits the tank theme you were going for! I can't wait to test her patience with Crag's shenanigans. ;)

Anyone a bit concerned with our rag-tag line up? We're supposed to be protecting important people right? Haha fate of humanity guys?

Hey, @RyuShura I just wanted to check something. Is transferring between chapters a thing? Like, a character being a Knight of Dusk in their youth, but moving over to the Circle of Maegus later in life?

I'm sure if they fit the requirements such changes are possible. Perhaps with some paperworks done.

Hmm, well these are the type of decisions we'll possibly make during the course of this RP. Besides some certainties, i.e fallens and gods, nothing is completely rigid and definitely not human constructs. That said, probably still better to wait. xD

Whoa a whole lot of activity while I was gone... jeez.

But it makes me happy though to see this coming alive a bit. o u o;;

@simj22 I will be reviewing your sheet in detail shortly. But so far everything seems to check out nicely. I like the more grounded character. Even though the world is messed up, it makes for a good balanced cast if everyone isn't completely broken. It just gives me more time to break them later.~ just kidding.

sorta.

@The One Eyed Bandit As for the question regarding transfers of chapters, yeah, it is possible. Something like that doesn't happen very often, but it depends on the situation really. I'll see what you come up with. We'll work from there! :) And light colored hair is quite common in this world in fact, being as the actual sun doesn't shine past the dark clouds anymore. But I don't want to bring too much real world science into this fantasy setting. I'll just say dark skin and brunette hair still exist among the Cardinals and this is just pure coincidence.

RyuShura said:
but it depends on the situation really.
The situation basically boils down to: "Demonization is shitty. I want to stay human, thanks, so I'd really like to get off of these front lines." Not the most noble of reasons, but, if they were skilled enough in Aether, would someone be able to hop ships with a reason like that?

Demonization is impossible to avoid when using Aether to fight; so fighting less would help slow it down.

That, you would be correct in assuming.

But to switch from a Knight to Maegus... Hmm, well, to state such a reason as 'I don't want to demonize' so bluntly, that would not be authorized in the order, since all members should already know the consequences of using Aether. It would be easier to say one had changed because of unfavorable physical conditions, as this is common among more long-lived Knights who eventually suffer injuries and lose limbs. Either way, all of the chapters see combat, unless their particular role allows them to avoid it, such as scholars and researchers of the Circle or Arcane-smiths of Alchemy.

Would your character wish to transfer to such a role? So if they perhaps lied and said a different reason, like they wanted to focus on research, such as the topic of Demonization itself, they would easily be relocated by the Circle. But if they were to still resume fieldwork, the appeal would be rejected wholly. Training in one Chapter could take many years already, so to do that twice to be able to fill a different role would be simply impractical. I think this would suit your character's desire to avoid combat as to save their humanity.

It wouldn't be a bad option to play such a character. This RP is focused just as much about exploration and discovery as it is on combat.

Also, minor question, around what age do the Knights of Dusk take on members? As soon as a spark manifests, or do they have to be old enough, too?

@Father Gigantor Still open my friend, I will change the title when it has closed to people! I am active these following weeks because of school being over and vacation starting. o u o;;

@simj22 Your character has been accepted. I'm sure there was no doubt based on my comments yesterday.

@The One Eyed Bandit I like the character a lot, motivated and well-thought out. :) As for the backstory information, I assume your question too, was regarding a second character waiting in tow? Well, the first one is accepted. To answer, there is no age limit. There is no prejudice upon their recruitment because sources are so rare themselves. One in thousands. If they happen to be too young, the 'Squire' wouldn't be trained until they grow and develop an adequate enough body and mind.

-.-;; My backstory disappeared like 4 times during the course of writing due to my tab suspender app. I rewrote the first two part and saved the changes so I won't have to pull hairs trying to recover the text - meaning you can check it out! Also Lazarus doesn't seem to work here on rpnation. Gah.

@Fenn

I like the backstory so far, actually a lot. It was a very interesting read. What you have alone is enough for passing, but feel free to continue if that satisfies you. :D

Backstory is basically low-key personality haha. Yeah I'm only intending to add two more chapters since they cover some of his quirks. Also, like I said before, his life is a pretty open book. x)

RyuShura said:
@The One Eyed Bandit I like the character a lot, motivated and well-thought out. :) As for the backstory information, I assume your question too, was regarding a second character waiting in tow? Well, the first one is accepted. To answer, there is no age limit. There is no prejudice upon their recruitment because sources are so rare themselves. One in thousands. If they happen to be too young, the 'Squire' wouldn't be trained until they grow and develop an adequate enough body and mind.
Thanks! And, nah, I don't have any plans for a second character, in the immediate future, at least. I just wanted to fact check.

The RP should start sometime in the foreseeable future... I'm still waiting on a few people to finish their Character Sheets. A lot of questions and such I have to be answering. But I'm always happy to be in service! :)

I hope it'll be a fun... not so fun adventure into the grim dark!~

In my excitement, I finally got off my lazy ass and drew one of my characters instead of just using one on the net. It feels good to have her look the way I want her to instead of settling for 'close enough'. Don't know if I'll color it though... I really suck at painting. DX

7b1448de-94e1-4721-9cf5-7bb3c7198ff5_zpsfskfa3od.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back