Fire Emblem: Legends of Auxereilla

As expected from the initial enemies, In anycase it seems we have a largely good oriented group, though Al is still a wild card with his upcoming placement..

Orikanyo said:
As expected from the initial enemies, In anycase it seems we have a largely good oriented group, though Al is still a wild card with his upcoming placement..
Indeed. It will be interesting to see if he can get involved properly if he's drunk out of his mind.

heh, that is true, Hopefully he can hold his liquor. Or he may just unlock a special class, the drunken master.

I was planning to do the wake up scene soon, I just have school that is currently getting in the way. I shall be abit preoccupied Tuesdays so posting will be slow then, shouldn't be to detrimental I hope.

But you can go ahead if you like, whoever comes first I suppous.

[QUOTE="Black Masquerade]Is it my turn?

[/QUOTE]
There is no turn list. Whenever it is appropriate to involve your character in a post such as interaction with another, you can post as often as you like. Whenever I post, you can be sure that something involving the plot is involved which you should pay attention to, but otherwise you can go about your business as you see fit.

Alright, I'll try to get up a post as quick as possible. ^^

(also, apparently there is a new fire emblem game coming.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard of it, shin megami tensei and fire emblem crossover... I wonder how it will work..

[QUOTE="Black Masquerade]Alright, I'll try to get up a post as quick as possible. ^^
(also, apparently there is a new fire emblem game coming.)

[/QUOTE]
ER MAH GERD I JUST SAW THE TRAILER!!!

Holy crap that looks amazing! And for once it's not a black screen between field and battle animations too! A nice seamless transition between the two. Oh this is going to be amazing!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

Oh~! Well then, thats interesting, yet another thing to get when it comes out, 2015 is lookin good for gaming. Also I'm enarly done my next post, sorry BM (using a short form because of reasons) just had to get the girl up and at it.

Holy crap, THANK YOU @Black Masquerade for pointing that game out to me or I'd have completely missed it! The same team that developed FE Awakening is in charge of this one with new features not available in previous games. That sounds amazing! If it has anything to do with that giant rock thing I can't wait to find out more about the game when the information becomes available!

No problem, you better have saw my face when I saw that in my sub box. I threw all my books on the ground and watched it. It looks nice, I am hoping for the return of the Avatar and that Blue haired chick is super duper cutie pie level cute. :3

just watched the trailer, my word its nice. And I have to agree that transition from over view to skirmish is beautiful!

[QUOTE="Black Masquerade]No problem, you better have saw my face when I saw that in my sub box. I threw all my books on the ground and watched it. It looks nice, I am hoping for the return of the Avatar and that Blue haired chick is super duper cutie pie level cute. :3

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, she is cute and I'm hoping she's either the main character or the main heroine. Either way, it looks amazing and I'm here in my room chanting "Please let there be a Demo a month or more early. Please let there be a Demo a month or more early. Please let there be a Demo a month or more early. Please let there be a Demo a month or more early. Please let there be a Demo a month or more early."

They released a Demo for Awakening and it was awesome!!

Orikanyo said:
just watched the trailer, my word its nice. And I have to agree that transition from over view to skirmish is beautiful!
Right?!?

This might be the first ever Fire Emblem where I WANT to keep the battle animations on and not just make them grid map oriented to save time. This looks gorgeous!

I didn't follow the release of Awakening, since I wasn't so much into Fire Emblem at the time. Though I am definitely going to anticipate this release!

I also just noticed that the wind mage used fans to cast. I think they are really drifting away from European influence and going more Japanese and I like the transition. :3

[QUOTE="Black Masquerade]I didn't follow the release of Awakening, since I wasn't so much into Fire Emblem at the time. Though I am definitely going to anticipate this release!
I also just noticed that the wind mage used fans to cast. I think they are really drifting away from European influence and going more Japanese and I like the transition. :3

[/QUOTE]
True. I like that transition too, as it is a Japanese game studio so it makes sense that it would go that direction eventually.

Mhm, does make sense. It's a nice transtion.

They really know what to show when making these trailers though. Lots and lots of new waifus! :D

[QUOTE="Black Masquerade]Mhm, does make sense. It's a nice transtion.
They really know what to show when making these trailers though. Lots and lots of new waifus! :D

[/QUOTE]
Oh I see them as well! It's going to be awesome!! I can't wait to see the support system. It was pretty good in Awakening, though there were a few lame ones but most of them I liked. Hopefully they improve upon them and make the dialogue a bit more interesting as well as maybe juice the mechanic of it a bit to make it deeper and more meaningful than just "Oh, we have a C support. B support. A support. S support, you wanna marry me?"

Know what I mean? I don't want to bash Awakening, but that part of it was always just a tiny bit disappointing how easy that was to accomplish.

[QUOTE="Black Masquerade]As long as it isn't like Radiant dawn's support feature, I am fine with anything. x3

[/QUOTE]
Oh god don't get me started on Radiant Dawn. I love the challenge of Hard Mode on that game but I HATE almost everything else about it. To me it's easily the worst Fire Emblem game to date.

I agree and Path of Radiance was a spectacular game in my opinion, one of my favourites, if not my favourite in some respects. It just did so much right. Then Radiant Dawn comes and it's so mediocre. :/

They ruin so many of the characters, Ike and Mist become Mary Sues along with Miciah. Meh, at least Mia is still hot and stuff and Pelleas had some potential, I liked his struggles and I think he could've been a really good character if some things were changed.

But what's worse is they ruined Astrid!

Last edited by a moderator:
8sits there, twiddling thumbs awkwardly* Err... hehehe... y-y-ea totally...

I wish i could find these games honestly.. though I try to make it a oath of mine to not play DOWN a series, it makes a sort of paradise lsot scinario, it doesn't seem the same as I'm sued to and my bias gets in the way.

[QUOTE="Black Masquerade]I agree and Path of Radiance was a spectacular game in my opinion, one of favourites, if not my favourite in some respects. It just did so much right. Then Radiant Dawn comes and it's so mediocre. :/
They ruin so many of the characters, Ike and Mist become Mary Sues along with Miciah. Meh, at least Mia is still hot and stuff and Pelleas had some potential, I liked his struggles and I think he could've been a really good character if some things were changed.

But what's worse is they ruined Astrid!

[/QUOTE]
No kidding.

Path of Radiance could have done with a better support system, maybe a bit more diversified enemy force from map to map, and some more interesting and diverse stat caps and it would have been almost perfect. I have no other gripes about that game. For its time the graphics were awesome, the pacing of the story was excellent, the characters were actually likable and interesting, and you wanted to see the conclusion of the game.

With Radiant Dawn, they ruined everything.

* 95% of the characters were not likable (though Ike still had some awesome one liners) or relevant to the story in at least some small way.

* The character's respective stat growth rates were laughable

(Seriously, Michaiah is one of the main characters and her growths were HP: 40%, STR: 10%, MAG: 80%, SKL: 40%, SPD: 35%, LUCK: 80%, DEF: 15%, and RES 90%. Why are MAG, LUCK, and RES so friggin high?! Take 20%-30% off of each of those and spread them out and she'd have been so much more useful. HP: 50%, STR: 15%, MAG: 60%, SKL: 55%, SPD: 50%, LUCK 60%, DEF: 20%, RES: 65% would have been gorgeous! But no, they muck it up by stacking ALL of her growth into MAG, LUCK and RES. What the hell?!)

* Support system sucked

* Plot was awful and not a true continuation of Path of Radiance in any meaningful way

* Three Tier system was broken and unbalanced

* The ending is awful and unrewarding

* Game overall has little replay value unless you're a "recruitment whore" and HAVE to recruit Pelleas and Lehran by beating the game twice and going on a third play through.

There was literally no reason to use the dawn brigade other than the fact you had to and I hated the Dawn Brigade >.>. The greil mercenaries were just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Seriously, Shinon was literally the most OP thing in that game, 3 range for every single bow during the third promotion, jeezus.

Orikanyo said:
8sits there, twiddling thumbs awkwardly* Err... hehehe... y-y-ea totally...

I wish i could find these games honestly.. though I try to make it a oath of mine to not play DOWN a series, it makes a sort of paradise lsot scinario, it doesn't seem the same as I'm sued to and my bias gets in the way.
You have to buy them online and they are fairly expenisive now. I got lucky and found one selling for 50 bucks. Buy path of radiance, skip radiant dawn if you plan on buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back