Fighting Academy by Fire of Hearts (Closed)

There were several people missing from class today- suffering the effects of birthday hangover too? Whatever was the case, Faith wasn't really feeling the teaching thing herself today as much as usual either. Several people seemed to be missing- Faye and Myra, Sheena and Alex and Evangeline, Mel, Lil, and Mel's two companions- and this was vaguely unsettling, but she chose to ignore it for the moment, carrying on with class as usual. If there was trouble afoot- ha, like there ever wasn't- then she would deal with it once the class time was up.

She saw Raina's irritation as she soon as she entered the classroom and even as she paired the girl, noticed the glare she gave her when she indicated for her to work with Chameleon. That was odd to her- Chameleon was a friend, wasn't he? She'd thought they were dating, in fact...and what was Raina's deal, she'd seemed like she'd been having a pretty good time when Faith glanced her way at the party last night, when she was talking with Diana...

Oh...right. Diana. She had a way of giving people emotional hangovers herself...that could explain a lot.

Still, though Faith had a feeling Raina wasn't going to be docile in class today, it was something of a shock to see her actually go so far as to not only bite Chameleon, but actually take enough blood from him that he was beginning to collapse. Faith hurried towards her, intending to seize her and physically force her off him, but Raina let go and stormed out of the room before she could, leaving Chameleon bleeding and dazed on the ground.

Thank god Liza wasn't there today...but shit, back to her old hostile self , her DANGEROUS self, that fast? After one freakin' conversation?

"How bad is it?" Faith asked Chameleon, coming to examine him, then looked up and called to another student, "Get the first aid kit in the cabinet by the left wall, help him fix himself up. I think he'll be okay but if he needs it take him to one of the healers here." Damn it, why of all days were both Sheena and Alex not here? She wanted very badly in that moment to go after Raina, to make sure she wasn't in a state of mind that would be dangerous to herself or others, to see what the hell was going on with her...but she also didn't want to halt class.

Instead she focused on thinking about Macal, hoping that he with his abilities would be able to hear the thought she was trying to project to him. "Macal, Raina flipped in class, do me a favor and see if you can check on her while I finish up here?"

*Ok, do you remember what town she lived in? Do you think you can fly yourself there or do you need a pilot? Cause I do happen to know a young good looking pilot that is available, top in his class of course he was the only one in his class so there's that but still damn good pilot and he'll have snacks. *frowns at her* Come on at least let me go with you to tell her about Eve.

*Mac back in the Cord's quarters taking the time to meditate and regain some of his energy he's lost over the past year, it's been a long time since he's actually taken the time to meditate and focus his mind and energy. In the past he could meditate for weeks or months but the world was far less chaotic during those days and those were the days with constant demon attacks..Even The First Evil..How messed up is it that the constant threat of 40 foot robots destroying the planet is less stressful then a school full of Teenagers. And just like that his focus is broken and he snaps too, When Faith speaks into his head about Raina having a fit in class.* Damn kids are gonna drive me to drinking!

"Well, it used to be Hampton," Sheena says, shrugging slightly. "But it wouldn't be the same place, I mean it's been like ten years...more, even. Our time frame is sort of messed up. So I guess first we have to look her up and make sure I know where to find her...her name was Muriel Orvis but it might have been Sadovsky eventually if she married my dad."

As they enter the front door of the school she is struck with the possibility that if she hadn't married her father, Muriel could have married anyone. She didn't know her birthday or even her age- how was she supposed to find her if that were the case?

"I'm not sure what her name is anymore," she says with some worry, glancing towards Macal. "Ab might now know either. It's been a while."

And yet this is a relief in a way too...it means more time before she has no choice but to deal with Evangeline.

Lil waved her hands in a way that denied Liza's assumption. "No. No, it's not a fire and we don't need to get the police involved. It's more like an . . . an argument. I'm just going to tell this other person that they are wrong. That's all." The angel frowned as the little girl continued trying to get herself involved. This was not Liza's fight. Of course it wasn't Faye's either but that was different. How could Lil let Liza get in a fight that was not suited for someone her age? Lil was tempted to just blame the entire thing on her getting her period. But then curious little Liza would probably ask about that. And the angel was in no mood to explain one of nature's cruelest jokes on women, especially since she didn't think Liza would ever have to experience one ever. "Liza. Girls your age shouldn't use words like 'ass'. It's very vulgar. And this is not something you should get involved in. This is my problem. Okay? Now I promise it'll be over soon and we can go play, okay?" Hearing Liza go on about how strong she is, Lil was a bit tempted but decided against it. Children, and even adults, often overestimated their abilities. (Even though we all know it's not the case here.)

Ok I'll do what I can to find her, I have some work ahead of myself that's for sure but hey I'm an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D we track global terrorist all the time, I'm sure finding a little old woman that isn't trying to hide from me should be easy enough to find, I hope because if I can't find her I'll end up being a laughing stock. In the meantime did you ever get a chance to spend much time with Liza last night did you? What's say you take the Princess out for some fun..I bet spending sometime with her would do you some good anyway. While you're doing that I'll see what I can find out about Muriel and maybe find Abe while I'm at it.

"Oh, arguing," Liza shrugs, finding this somewhat less interesting, but not so much that she wouldn't ask more questions. She toys with one pigtail idly as she continues to look slightly up towards Lil. "Did she not share? Or did she take some of your things or mess up your toys or say mean things? I had to break up with my boyfriend when he hurted my teddy bear one time. Batman has been good so far and he hasn't done that stuff."

When Lil mildly scolds her for saying "ass," Liza frowns, confused, and protests. "What's vulgar? How come I can't say ass? My mama says ass. Lots of people do. Plus that's what you kick, isn't it? Lil I wanna come with you anyway, I can help you anyway...then we can play after I help. Okay?"

"No, I didn't get to see Liza that much," Sheena says to Alex, somewhat distracted even as she replies. Even with her new mission of finding her ex stepmother, even with Alex now offering her support and help, she is finding it difficult not to continually think of Evangeline and the fate she knows is not far off in the future from occurring. "But I can later...I want...Alex, we should just get this done...before it's..."

Too hard? Too late? It might be both or either, and the last thing she wanted was to force Faith, who had always despised Evangeline, to take over what Sheena now knew to be her own job.

Well if you're planning on facing Eve today then that's fine. I get you need to take care of Eve. Again this is your mission not mine, so I don't have the right to tell you how to run it..I'm support not commander on this. *Pulls her close then kisses the top of her head.* I'm sorry I'm not trying to seem cold about this or make light of your situation, god knows I'm happy I'm not the one facing this. So I'll just walk you back to your room then I'll go to mine and start digging up what you need. Just promise me you will find me before you go after her. *Turns into her wrapping himself around her and holds her tightly* I'm so sorry this is your burden Sheena again I wish I could take it from you but I can't I know that. But if you change your mind and can't do it. We can put her in The Vault and she'll never be able to hurt anyone again, remember you have that option.

"B-boyfriend?" Lil knew that Liza was eternally five but how old was she exactly? How could she have already gotten a boyfriend? Sure Lil had plenty of love experience but she was technically thousands of years old. The blond got a bit lost in thought as she tried to count her past lovers. George, Antonio, Cornelius, God what was she thinking with him . . .She shook her head to come back to earth as Liza asked her questions. "She . . . she's just a bit of a bully. You don't have to worry about a thing."

Lil frowned again when Liza used that word. "'Vulgar' is like rude or dirty. It's what a princess shouldn't be. And that's a very grown up word, Liza. Your mom uses it because she knows exactly what it means. Although it isn't very polite if she uses it a lot."

The angel crossed her arms. The frown on her face was not going away. Liza was really adamant about coming along. Was this little girl just that bloodthirsty? But Lil would not let that happen. "No means no Liza. You don't want to be one of those creepy guys who wear trench coats in alleys, do you? This is a grown up matter. And although I don't look it, I'm over two thousand years old." Over six thousand actually but Lil felt that revealing that much was embarrassing enough. God, she was practically some wrinkled up old hag. (You are a hag!) She calmed down a bit, realizing that she was arguing with a little girl. Crouching down to be at eye level with Liza, she tried talking in a softer tone. "Liza this is a very embarrassing problem for me. If you see what I'm about to do, I'm afraid you'll hate me. Then I'll have to leave the school. So can you just sit behind this one time? I promise we'll play soon and I'll explain everything then."

Sheena nods against Alex's chest, briefly letting herself tuck her head beneath his chin as she closed her eyes, sighing somewhat unevenly. He meant well, and considering how much he despised Evangeline, and always had, considering that he had been right all along, he was doing very well not to point that out to her, doing all he could to be there for her, supportive towards her. He was being everything she could hope for him to be....but it was not enough to even begin to ease the unbearably heavy pressure in her chest, surrounding her heart, choking her throat and filling her every thought. She needed his support, and yes, she needed him with her. But when the time came, and she had managed to keep herself together, stoic enough to go through with this...would it be enough? Would he, and the others who would try, be able to keep her from breaking entirely?

She thinks over what he said, about Evangeline in the Vault, and it seems to be a good option...but then she thinks of all the difficulties there have been with the vault. Hadn't Rikarah been there once, the same woman who had so tortured her, Alex, Logan, and Faith at one point? Hadn't Madame Hydra escaped? And what of what Alex had said earlier about her protecting Evangeline by setting her free from the vampire now in charge of what she had once been...would she really be doing that for her, by keeping her alive and in torment for all eternity?

"The vault...I don't know," is all she can whisper before she pulls away, lifting her chin again in forced determination. "Let's....just do this."

"Uh huh I've had boyfriends," Liza nods, seeming to find this statement unremarkable as she counts them off on her fingers. "Gabriel Clock. We had a snake and stuff. And Z and Ty, they were twins. Plus also Manny. And Clint. We were all in love and dating and stuff."

At Lil's explanation of "ass," Liza frowns, then shrugs, dismissing her as incorrect nonchalantly. "Lotsa people say kick ass, 'cause that's what you're kicking and stuff. Sheena Legs says it and she's not even a grown up.....how come I can't go, Lil? How come? 'Cause if this mean girl is that bad you need help I think. And I"m your friend and I'm a good fighter so I should help 'cause that's what friends do, right? Right? They help each other and stuff...."

A crease forms in her brow as Lil kneels down, and still Liza shakes her head stubbornly, decisively, her mind made up. "You're being so so silly, Lil. I wouldn't never hate you. You're my friend. So you don't gotta leave 'cause I won't hate you never. So I'm gonna go with you and then we can play okay?"

She takes Lil's hand and swings it with a smile, sure that this is the end of the conversation and her way has been established as correct.

Lil couldn't help smiling a little when Liza told her that there was no way she could hate Lil. But she frowned quickly after. Liza still believed that she was going to go face Mel. Well, she didn't know that they were going to see Mel specifically. Liza just thought they were going to go confront a bully. Either way, it was apparent to Lil that this five year old, or whatever her true age would be, was going to be harder to lose than one's own shadow. Still, Lil had to stand her ground. She planted her feet firmly on the ground and pulled her hand away from Liza's grip. She did her best to put on a stern face and turned to address the pigtailed girl. "I'm sorry Liza but I can't let you come no matter what. This doesn't concern you. This is my problem and my problem alone. So you can't go and that is that."

Liza was stubborn but Lil could be stubborn as well. After all, she was a woman thousands of years old. And during those years, she rarely had to deal with disappointment or indecisiveness. Still, Liza was spoiled. The party last night was proof enough of that. She was sure to continue to argue what little point she had until she had gotten her way. So as a precaution, as soon as Lil was done speaking, she made a run for it. Hopefully if she could lose the little girl, Liza would take it as a hint that she was not to go.

(Aww, gotta love that Liza stubbornness :P Okay people, this is mainly for [MENTION=1402]Faith Eliza Cord[/MENTION] , [MENTION=1434]Macal Cord[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1478]Fire of Hearts[/MENTION] , anyone else can add input though, but I'm planning to have Raina do something really bad, bad enough to make the Cords turn from her, even Liza, and the only thing I could come up with is that Raina kills a human, intentionally, as they are about to take down Evangeline for doing just that. But I'm not sure whether it should be a student on campus she kills, or just a randomer off campus. What do you think? If she did kill a student on campus, what exactly would happen? As long as she doesn't get kicked out of the school, killed/jailed, then I'm cool with mostly anything xD )

Chameleon looked up as Faith came over, he didn't pay much attention to the twins, as he was a bit dazed and thinking about the girl who had just bitten him, possibly trod on his heart, and then left like it was nothing.

Sh*t he was in love with a crazy vampire.

He shrugged as Faith came over, placing a hand to his tender neck, he didn't even seem bothered when he looked at the crimson colour his hand came back as. "I'm fine, honestly. I'm just worried about her...." He trailed off, realizing how that sounded. "Uh, um, I mean.." He began stuttering now, and if there had been enough blood in his body, he was sure at that moment it would have risen to his cheeks. He tried to save himself with another reason to be worried other than him caring for her, "She's just gotten over her issues with...people." He glanced at the door, "And now she's back to pretending to not care again." He managed to pull himself up then, and another student hurried over, the one Faith had called, and helped him sort out his wound. He gave the shy randomer a polite smile, "Thank you." The person hurried off and he looked to the door, speaking thoughtfully, "Maybe I should go after her..."

He of course didn't seem to realise she had just almost killed him, and that going after her would be stupid.

----------

Raina had by now reached the outside, and was headed over to one of the gardens to think about how she was going to push the Cords away. Doing that to Chameleon, saying those words to him, had been hard. She had almost apologized, almost kissed him instead and told him that yes, she did want to be his friend, maybe more than his friend.

It was going to be so damn hard to get rid of Liza. She could barely walk away from Chameleon, how was she going to handle breaking a five year old's heart?

She froze as she spotted a pretty little dead body, a girl she didn't recognize, and the blood lingering in the air. She tentatively stepped closer. She could smell Evangeline on her. She tilted her head, crossing her arms as she tutted softly, "Oh Lina, you've done it now."

(Sorry it's so short, gotta go)

(if she killed a student or a student on campus, Faith would definitely step in and jail/kick out/deal rather harshly with her. If it was someone random and not on school grounds everyone would be highly displeased but they couldn't technically do anything about it, I believe, so that's probably your best bet....aww and just when Diana was going to bring back her mom for a bit! How would she react if Diana did this as that was going on with her killing? What if her mom interrupted her?)

When Lil started to run away from her, after firmly denying Liza's continued insistence that she would help her, Liza's mouth drops open, and she puts her hands on her narrow little hips, scowling after her indignantly. "HEY! THAT WASN'T EVEN NICE! YOU ARE SO MEAN TO RUN AWAY FROM ME AND YOU SHOULDN'T OUGHTTA DO THAT!!!!"

She continues to glare after Lil's retreating back, her eyebrows slanted, her mouth forming a pout, as she continues to mutter to herself. "Well I am so gonna help her, too. So there. I'm just not even gonna tell her is all."

She begins to walk in the direction Lil fled, and then stopped, concentrating hard on thinking about her, picturing her in her mind. When she has a good mental image, she will simply teleport herself to wherever Lil is and hide out of her view.

"Nope, not a great idea," Faith shook her head immediately in response to Chameleon's musing of whether he should go after Raina. "Let her cool off, first thing she's going to do is try to play Cobra-Fangs on you some more if you do that." She lowered her voice slightly so the others wouldn't hear as she continued. "I sent my husband after her, he'll deal with her if she needs to be dealt with. He's good with her...glad SOMEONE is anyway."

Turning to the rest of the class, she says more clearly to them, "Okay, show's over. Back to work, and if everyone is working hard maybe we'll get out early today."

*Mac stood by the window in the Cords quarters and looked down onto the grounds, his eyes glowing every few seconds as he scanned for Raina's aura, finally when he spots her in one of the gardens, he steps out the window hovering in the air as he walks towards her gradually getting closer and closer to the ground until he's a mere inch above the ground standing behind Raina. sensing the tension in her mind and body, refraining from touching her he floats around to the front of her with his arms crossed over his chest.* Raina, what's going on with you today? Whatever problems you have I promise I'll help you with them. Just tell me why you attacked that boy like that?

(Crap sorry mine is short to I'll be back in a bit.)

(I agree with Faith...killing off a human in the school....well Flower would get very involved and they already have a dislike of each other. Nick and Deathwoish might get into her buisness as well and I don't think that'd go down well either. But you know....I want Scorn to become more of an influence in the school because well he will invade it soon but not to soon because I don't want to pospone that thing with Mel. What if Scorn influenced Raina to kill this human? Scorn is really going to start becoming an involved character....not to mention I fell like I haven't been involved in my own role play as much anymore....it's really quite frustrating lol.)

(Didn't Eva kill a girl? Also, might as well get this Mel thing over with.)

Lil ran for quite a while until she was sure she had lost Liza. The angel was now out of breath and was desperately trying to gather some oxygen. Man she was out of shape. She then hit her forehead once she realized she could've just flown. But Liza was persistent. She would no doubt find Lil before too long. The only way to keep her out of this was to deal with this matter as soon as possible. But first she'd have to find Faye. White wings formed out of her back and soon she was airborne. Lil flew through the castle as quickly as she could. Where in the world was Faye? Finally the angel spotted the redheaded girl and nearly tackled her down to the ground. "Faye. We've got to handle Mel now! Liza's getting persistent and the only way I know to keep her away from this fight is if it's already over when she finds me."

(Okay, I'll have her kill an off-campus human after the Lil vs Mel and Evangeline thing/s? Oh and Fire, I think that would be a good idea for Scorn to influence her. The best way is either to use some magic mind mojo on her, or just to talk her into it. She is already worried she's going to mess up this whole having friends/people who care about her thing. So if he talked to her and emphasized the fact that she doesn't deserve them, she's going to just end up hurting them blahblahblah stuff, then she'll definitely take the bait and go kill a human)

Chameleon looked up at Faith with a frown then nodded, standing up. He hated to agree with her words, the fact that he couldn't deal with Raina irritated him, that she would just bite him like that then run off. Did Raina like him? She kissed him, she was the one to kiss him, so that must mean she liked him, right?

But what with the stinging that was spreading from his neck, well, he wasn't so sure.

At least Macal was going after Raina. When Faith told the class the show was over, he looked up to see many a few were staring, and he shoved down the embarrassment. He still felt a bit funny, weak, so he closed his eyes and focused. He flickered to the form of another boy, one none of the students here would recognize, with shining blonde hair and muddy brown eyes. This other form was the same height and frame as Chameleon, but this body had the right amount of blood running through it to be able to stay up on it's feet. He opened his eyes and glanced around, muttering lightly, "I'll just stay like this until the blood is back in my body.."

----------

Raina sighed irritated as Macal's voice interrupted her viewing of the dead body infront of her. The girl Evangeline had mutilated sure was pretty, probably a new student. She raises her eyebrow as she sees the God is infact floating, yes floating above the ground. Geesh, overkill much? She prepared herself by placing on a smirk, a small curve to her mocking lips, and her eyes guarded, emotionless.

The old Raina was trying her best to come back.

She lifted her eyes to Macal's, "What's going on with me?" She paused, looking to the side, pretending to muse over her day, "Well, I woke up, majorrrr party hang over, went to lesson and got super bored." She shrugged now, looking back to him, "So I bit someone." She glanced to the dead girl on the floor, "Seems Evangeline had the same idea." She nodded at the body behind Macal. She looked back to him, smirking still, "Isn't that what vampires do though Macal? We get bored, so we bite people, we have no souls right, no emotions? Well, according to your wife anyway, the vampire slayer."

Oh no. She wasn't going to make it easy for Macal this time.

----------

Faye was talking to Jinn outside her room, just about to hear her response, when someone suddenly plumetted into her, almost taking her to the ground. It was Lil, and she groaned, holding her head which had hit the wall. "Aw shizz Lil, I know I bashed into you yesterday, but seriously?" She blinked at the angel, regaining her composure, as she spoke rapidly about Mel, Liza and the fight.

Right now, all Faye could respond with was, "Uh, Lil, you know Liza can teleport right? She's probably about to appear here anyyy second now."

(Sorry, gotta go!)

*Mac glances back at the body then turns to Raina* Eve will be taken care of for her crimes..So is that what you want? For us to treat you like Eve a souless killer, to be hunted and put down and discarded? Come on Raina you know you're better then that. And you know Faith doesn't think of you like that because if she really did there is no way we'd trust you with Liza..You've come a long way and gain our trust so are you saying you now don't want it. I'm sorry it's just not that easy to get rid of us. Let me tell you something kiddo. Your mouth can say whatever you want but I've seen the real you so whatever this is happening right now I'm gonna write off to a bad day. Listen to me Raina a request has been made for you? You've met Tsai and Diana both have made me aware that you're interested in reuniting with your mother and sister..I can do that although I can only give you 24 hours but I'd do that for you because you have earned my trust rather you like that or not you have earned it. So how about you go for a run or something to blow off some steam or...*Slowly lowers himself onto the ground causing the ground to give under him leaving a crater.* You can try your luck with me. *Drawing his sword from off his back he plants it into the ground in front of him.* Unless you want me to bore you with some of my old war stories..you know the kind old men tell young whippersnappers! Like the time I had to walk to the battlefield...up hill and in a snow storm..Wait that actually happened, more times then I want to remember.

(I'm sorry if the time causes a bit of a convenience but I'm going to fast forward the time to be around sunset. Also I find the things Macal said to be fairly ironic given my characters' situation but you all will see why soon enough I guess.)

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just that this is a bit of an emergency and- She can what?" Lil thought a bit and realized that she never really questioned what Liza's powers were. Other than a manipulation of wind, Lil knew nothing. What if Liza was on her way right now? The angel quickly grabbed Faye's hand and ran towards Mel's room, dragging the halfbreed in tow. "We have to hurry then!"

When they reached Mel's door, Lil had to stop again to catch her breath. "I've seriously got to start working out or something. It hasn't even started yet and I'm tired." She hesitated a bit as she reached for the doorknob. Would Mel still be here? Her sky blue eyes drifted to a nearby window in the hall. The orange of the sky told her that the sun was setting and Mel had said evening so there was a good chance she was still there. And true to her thought, the door was unlocked. Lil pushed the door open and looked inside.

The room was bigger than Lil expected or maybe it just looked bigger. It was dark too, maybe from the pitch black drapes covering the windows. The stone walls were bare and Lil could see a few suitcases lining up the far one. It seemed Mel had packed up nearly everything. The only light came from a circular skylight, or maybe it was some fancy light made to look like one, that allowed some red-orange light to fall onto a large stone chair. Lil had no doubt in her mind that the skylight was put there by Mel. Given her powers, it wouldn't be hard to do. Her eyes then fell to the stone chair. It was modeled like a throne, again most likely Mel's doing.

Mel was sitting in the chair leisurely, with her legs crossed and her head propped up by her arm that rested on the arm of the chair. Lil could feel the girl's stare even through the mask. "You guys sure are late. I've been waiting for quite a while now."

"H-how did you-" "You're not exactly the quiet type, Lilith. You never were. Now why don't we get this over with."

"You asked for it." Lil summoned up a gust of wind that forced the masked girl to stand up. Miniature cyclones of wind wrapped around each arm, pushing them up so that Mel looked like she was being crucified. They would restrain her movements. But something seemed off. Mel wasn't moving. Even though her legs were free, she made no attempts at an escape or counter. "Why isn't she doing anything?"

Meanwhile, as the Vash and Riff were talking to Lekki, both felt a sharp pain in the back of their heads. (I'm going to assume they moved away since their room is right next to Mel's.) They turned to the direction of the dorm rooms. This sensation had only happened once before to Vash but he knew what it meant. Riff, having experienced it about three times prior was also aware of what was going on.

"Mel's in trouble, isn't she?"
"It would seem so."

Immediately, the two of them ran towards where they thought Mel was. She may have fired them but the impulse to protect her was still there. Vash was even dragging Lekki along by accident though he failed to notice her. The fear in the back of their minds were confirmed when they saw her opened door. Rushing into the room, they saw the black haired girl standing there as if she had been nailed to the cross. Lil and Faye were both there as well. Lil even had a knife in her hand. And as a rare occurrence, both demons seemed to have synchronized.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Mel lifted her head as she heard them shouting and Vash thought he saw a faint smile on her face. She then pulled her arms out of the wind tunnels but not without having it rip into her arm. The gloves she wore fell to the floor in shreds, blood flowed down her arms and in the middle of each hand, a pale circular scar was visible. Mel was now chuckling to herself and turned to the two girls opposite her. "Well, I do suppose I can't leave without a little show, can I?"

She snapped her fingers and behind her appeared six machine guns. They were an old model, maybe even obsolete to today's technology, but it was obvious that they were still in working condition. There was a clear smirk on her face. "Execution style five: firing squad." The guns then began firing a barrage of bullets toward the group ahead of her. (They don't have to hit if you don't want them to.) Both Riff and Vash changed their bodies to guard against the bullets: Riff with his scales and Vash with his metal body. Lil called forth a gust of wind to change the trajectory of the bullets but still took two to her left leg. She winced a bit as the pain hit.

Faith nods in response to Chameleon's comment about staying put, thinking to herself that for the moment that is probably a decent idea. As she continues to lead the lesson, then draws it to its conclusion, she monitors him subtly to make sure he's healing. Her mind is not entirely on the class or even on Raina, however. She is thinking about Sheena, about Evangeline, and trying to resist from pressing her sister on how far along she's come in her investigation. It's not that she thinks Sheena can't or won't do it, but more that she fears it, and what might happen before Sheena can bring herself to?

As she finishes the lesson she speaks again in her mind to Macal, her thoughts shifting to Raina, her second troubled teen. "How'd the Raina showdown go?"

Liza had teleported earlier to where it seemed that Lil was located, but when she arrived, the girl was leaving along with Faye. So she was going to let Faye help her, but not Liza? Liza scowled, affronted, and muttered to herself as she watched Lil run. She knew she couldn't follow or Lil would just send her away again.

"That isn't even fair," she said aloud, still pouting, arms crossed. "I could too help her. She shouldn't oughtta run and hide stuff 'cause I'm a real good helper and so she oughtta let me help, I think."

She started again to focus on locating Lil in her thoughts, but just then several of the younger students ran by her, laughing, and Liza, interested, stopped to watch them go by. She took off after them, guard dog Casey chasing her in her wake, calling out, "Hey! Are you gonna play? What are you playing?"

It wasn't until that evening that she recalled the exchange with Lil, and her eyes grew large as she over dramatically slapped a hand to her mouth. "Oh noooo I forgot Lily! She needed help and I didn't even help her!" Closing her eyes tightly, she zoned in on her, envisioning her face, her smile, her voice, and within only a few moments and with very little effort or physical sensation, she teleported outside Mel's room. She assumed it to be Lil's initially and strode up to the doorway, confident in her certain welcome. Surely, she reasoned with herself, Lil had just been shy about her helping out. Surely now that Liza was here and ready then she would just let her help and that was all.

But as she enters the doorway, gunfire blasts fill her ears, and Liza gasps, her face tensing as she sees the masked girl, Lekki, Riff, Vash, and Lil standing in what she still believes to be Lil's room. The masked girl is smiling, using strange machines to shoot at everyone, and people are hurt, people are going to die, that bad, bad girl is going to kill them! Is this what Lil had needed help with?

"YOU STOP THAT!" she shouted, and still standing in the doorway, Liza stomped her foot, hands on her hips. Dark brown eyes narrowed, and her pigtails stood on end as a tremendous crackle of lightning circled the room, avoiding Lil, Lekki, Riff, and Vash, but bouncing off the walls with enough force to knock most into a coma and burn their flesh, if not kill them outright. "YOU DON'T HURT LILY AND LEKKI YOU BAD MEL GIRL!"

She strikes out with her lightning again, and now wind is ripping through the room as well, blowing back Liza's hair and ruffling her clothing in gusts of wind strong enough to peel pain from the walls and tear at the ceiling's plaster. Liza is angry now, and she's ready to do one of the things she dearly loves- kicking ass.

It had taken very little time for Sheena to find the needed information about her biological father, Ab Sadovsky, and Evangeline's mother, Muriel. Settling into Alex's office area of his bedroom, and pulling up the SHIELD database, it had not been more than a few moments before she had at her fingertips all information she could possibly need to know about either of the individuals and what they had both been up to for the past several years, and even throughout much of their lives. Ab's time in Rykor Prison had only made it easier to keep up with him, and the information was extensive.

But Sheena didn't care where they had lived or worked, the people they had been involved with, or anything at all other than the black and white fact she saw, spelled out in front of her: Both Ab and Muriel were dead. Both had been murdered, having bled to death from various wounds, most heavily in the throat...because someone had ripped out their jugulars and drained them of nearly all blood.

The moment she saw the words on the screen Sheena felt faint, her head spinning and pulsing with dismay and growing unbelief. She could see it all happening so clearly, the way it must have been...because how could it be a coincidence that both were murdered in such a manner, when both happened to have a daughter who had become a bloodthirsty, sadistic vampire?

Ab might have been a challenge...but Evangeline was crafty, and she must have found a way to slip past the guards, perhaps at night. Perhaps she had hid in the exercise yard, broke her way through a window or security system...could she have somehow bribed or intimidated the guards? Or even hypnotized them...Faith had taught Sheena that some vampires had that ability, the "Jedi mind trick" was what Faith called it. If Lina had that ability, perhaps she had used it to her advantage to get into the jail, to corner her father, coming at him slowly, watching as he babbled and shook and shrank back from her in fear....

Sheena despised her father. He had hurt and used her, abandoned and betrayed her, had never been a father at all. He had murdered her mother, taking from Sheena the one person who loved and cared for her....she no longer saw him or acknowledged him as her father. And still, she had never been able to bring herself to truly harm him, simply because she had once loved him, and prayed he would one day love her. To think of her sister coming at him, tearing his throat open....

And Muriel. Poor, not too bright Muriel, Muriel who had brought her socks and underwear in juvie, who had hugged her and held her hand the day Sheena was released...how might Evangeline had harmed her? Had she come to her, ringing the doorbell, showing up as a long lost daughter, not dead at all...a miracle? Had she let her mother hug her, trembling and weeping with joy, kissing her as she praised God....had she then ripped her throat open, within the circle of her arms?

Sheena squeezed her eyes closed, hearing her own breathing, feeling herself tremble with pain, rage, and also guilt, for how could she not have known, how could she have denied this possibility...was it her own fault, that they were dead? Could she have prevented this?

She is still shaking as she speaks aloud to Alex, but her voice is oddly calm. "She killed them. Both of them."

*Alex leans in and types on the keyboard pulling up the crime scene pictures* From the looks of those edges I'd say those are puncture marks that were ripped..It was pretty savage. *He sighs as he steps back* I can't say for sure it was her but it looks to me like it was a vampire that killed them both. So what do you think, do you think she did it? Are you gonna try to get her to confess to these murders before you deal with her?

*Mac speaks back to Faith's mind* Work still in progress, i'm not exactly sure what she what's going on here..What exactly happened in class before she attacked that boy? *Stares at Raina trying to get some kind of read on her state of mind.* I'll keep you updated but this may take some time to figure out, I don't think I should rush her.

(sorry this is so short didn't have much to work with.)

"Liza! What are you doing here?! I said you weren't supposed to come." Lil turned around to try to push Liza out of the room. In hindsight, it wasn't that good of an idea to leave the door open. First the demonic trio barged in and now Liza. It would've been wise to lock it. Her eyes widened though as lightning and wind filled the room. Liza hadn't been just exaggerating her abilities after all. But still, power on this level for a five year old was shocking.

Mel seemed unfazed at first as Liza demonstrated her powers. Then a smirk formed on her face. Soon she burst out into a fit of giggles that soon turned into full on laughter. "My Lilith, you've fallen. Needing a little girl to protect you. Back then you at least cheated while keeping the one on one thing going on. And so typical that you would find allies so soon. I guess everyone wants to be one of God's little soldiers." Soon her face was a mere inches away from Lil's. "Whatever happened to that pride of yours? The pride of being a warrior of God? Where's that strength in faith you bragged about years ago? Or have you finally realized how far you fell?" She placed a hand on Lil's forehead and pushed the angel back with enough force to make the blonde stagger but not fall. Before Lil could blink, Mel was at the chair again. This time she was facing Liza with a smile. "At least you seem like a good enough playmate. I may even have to get serious." She gave another low chuckle.

A bolt of lightning headed straight for Mel but Riff seemed to come out of nowhere and take the full force of the blow. Luckily he had his scales up but even his "impregnable" defense was a bit singed. Vash stood next to him, his skin had turned a pale silver as flesh turned to steel. Both had felt their bodies move as if by some other worldly force. They had to protect Mel with their lives. That was their purpose.

Behind them Mel was smiling. She stuck her tongue out in a childish manner. She was going to make use of this powerful wind current to her advantage. "Execution style 1: stoning." Above her appeared stones of varying sizes from a little smaller to a baseball to as large as a basketball. Liza's strong winds then began whirling them around the room at frightening speeds. Mel chuckled. "I've always loved dodgeball. Or at least I would if I ever played it."

Lil took out her whip and tried to hit the rocks in an attempt to break them or at least redirect their path so they would get out of the currents. Unfortunately they were too fast for her to keep up so she decided to just eliminate the source. She sent a thin gust of wind at Mel but the masked girl jumped up to dodge it and landed on top of the chair. The wind blade instead sliced the top of the chair about halfway through. "Oh. I liked this one. Catch." Mel pushed her legs against the back of the chair, fully breaking the piece off and sending it at the angel.

(Note: When Mel starts whipping out her tarot cards, then the battle is almost over and Faith should probably find Liza.)

"She did it," Sheena said softly, and as she continues to stare at the screen, her hands tightly grip the edge of the desk, her knuckles whitening in turn until she no longer quite feels them. "She did it. For both her mother and father...killed the same way...she probably would have hated Ab and wanted to show him up...show him...what she's become...but Muriel....why Muriel? Why would she do that to her own mother...god, Alex, Muriel didn't deserve that." She swallows, and though her eyes are dry, she rubs at them anyway, as though trying to wipe the images of what she's seeing out of her mind even as the pictures remain before her on the screen.

"Muriel liked me," she says flatly. She knows that what she is saying might not entirely make sense to Alex, but she speaks anyway, needing to say it more than needing to be understood. "Ab was always putting me down, telling her what an awful kid I was, that I was a slut and a delinquent and a thief and everything else...he stood up in court when I got charged, stood up there and told everyone how he couldn't control me and I was with all these guys...I was fifteen, I never even touched a guy. He said all that and Muriel heard and she didn't know me to know any better...but...she still came to see me. Even after all he was saying she came to see me. She didn't have to do that...she didn't have to bring me a present, and she didn't have to be the one to sign me out when they let me go. And she did. She wasn't my mom or anything...but she did that for me. She didn't deserve this."

She continues to stare at the screen, her shoulders drawn up almost to her ears, and when she speaks again her voice is soft but resigned. "Evangeline did this...so...yes. I have to go to her. Confront her...I have to...stop her."

Her heart is pounding madly as she says this, but her face betrays little sign of this.

"Don't know," Faith responded back to Macal when his words came into her thoughts, shrugging, though he could not of course see that. "One minute everyone's sparring and everything's okay, next thing you know she's sinking her teeth into her partner's neck and practically draining him dry. He's okay- it was Chameleon, the guy she sort of has a thing for from what I can tell. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, I think she's made it pretty clear she has a hard time letting herself be nice to someone once she likes them. Well...keep me updated...I should probably go find Liza to check on her, she should be coming in for the night about now."

She starts walking about the castles halls, searching for her daughter. It was too bad that Liza didn't have the telepathic communication with her that Macal did, because it would make that much easier.

"Uh huh well, I think you need me anyway 'cause that mean, mean girl is being so bad to you, so I forgive you and I'm gonna stay and help anyway," Liza declared to Lily, and when the girl pushed at her, she looked at her impatiently, shaking her head. "That is not even being nice when I am trying to help you, you know."

When Mel pushes Lil, Liza cries out indignantly. "HEY! You leave Lily alone, you mean Mel girl! Don't you even push her, you stop it!"

She gasps when Riff and Vash take the impact of the lightning, screaming out, "I DON"T EVEN WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU!" to Mel as the stones begin to swirl through the room. Immediately Liza seeks to take over, using her own wind to knock against the currents that Mel is now controlling. As they meet in the center of the, forming a supremely powerful pressure that has nowhere to go but knocking against each other, the rocks in the room all begin to fall to the floor as a result. Liza wrestles with the wind currents a few more moments, making all efforts to smooth them into nothing, while she yells to Lil, not realizing how embarrassing this might all be for her.

"Run Lily, run, I'll get this bad girl for you!"

Raina stares at Macal flatly as he speaks to her, trying to convince her that she isn't like Eve, telling her that she has their trust, even if she doesn't want it. That's she's just having a bad day. She manages to listen to all of this with an empty expression in her eyes and a half-curve to her lips, as though mocking the God's words. She doesn't care what he thinks she is or isn't; she's a cold-hearted killing bi*ch and people should stay the hell away from her.

But then her Mother and Sister are mentioned. Macal tells her he can bring them back, even if only for a day, and it takes a while for Raina to comprehend this. Diana, Tsui, she had spoken to Diana yes, but told her she wanted her Mother and Sister back? No. Raina was certain she hadn't asked that. Was the woman a mind reader? The smirk falls as Macal speaks of Raina's beloved family. Yes. Yes she wants to see them again. More than anything.

But there was no way she was telling Macal that.

She rolled her eyes at his display of power, giving him a raised eyebrow as she tried her best to insult the man, "Oh my God, I almost just gave a damn." She turned on her heel then, trying to get away from Macal before she lost it. "Just leave me alone old man." She called back as she started walking off.

----------

When they reached Mel's door, Faye shook her hair back, letting out a breath, "Geez Lil, you could drag a bull into a bathtub if you set your mind to it." Then the door was opened, and the masked creepy girl was already waiting. Faye stifled a laugh at hearing Lil's full name, then Mel was being held up by Lil's power, and Faye felt kinda useless, just standing there.

The door then burst open, and Faye looked around to see both Riff and Vash. Oh sh*t. Blood hit the halfie's nose, and she looked around to see Mel was infact bleeding. Faye's eyes did turn black at that, but it wasn't like she couldn't control it. Since she was only half-vampire, her urges to tear open Mel's throat and drink the girl dry weren't as strong as it would be for a full vampire.

Bullets started to fly, thanks to Mel, and Faye ducked and dodged most of them with lightning speed. But one hit her leg and she held back a growl as the wounded area glowed a faint pink and the bullet popped back out, the wound closing up. She looked to Mel, actually glad she had been injuried as she could now feel the fire coming. Her skin was beginning to heat and tingle, and warmth was beginning to radiate from the girl's body, enough for the masked Mel to feel it.

Then ANOTHER new comer arrived, little Liza, and Faye blinked at her as she shouted. Then wind was blowing everywhere, and Faye simply watched, not entirely sure what to do as Mel taunted Lil. God's warrior? Oh yeah! Lil was an angel!! When Mel moved back, Faye watched as a bolt headed for her. She thought the fight would be over then, but Riff stepped infront, protecting the b*tch who had so carelessly tossed them aside not even 48 hours ago, and Faye's eyes filled with worry as he took the blow, "Riff!" She called out, sounding both worried and frustrated. She needed to distract him if Lil was ever going to be able to get to Mel. But how?

"Are you forgetting that she abandoned you two less than 48 hours ago! Why are you helping her?" She called out, although she feared she knew the answer already. Were the boys under a spell?

Then rocks are flying around the room, apparently this is Mel's first execution style, and Faye dodges them, even blasting a few with fire so powerful it sends them against the wall. Liza takes control, attempting to make the stones drop, but a large slab of rock is flying straight for Lil, obviously sent by Mel, and Faye reacts instantly. She's so used to protecting others that it comes naturally now. She jumps into the air, sending a foot up in a high kick and meeting the solid rock with not only super strength but also a little burst of fire, just to make sure. The slab flies away from the angel, and Faye lands with a grin. "Hey! I just saved an angel!" She glances to Riff now, and she knows it's stupid, but she needs to get the boy away from Mel.

She's killed a few demons in her lifetime, convincing one shouldn't be that hard, right?

She rushes up to him in a blur of wind, standing as close to him as Mel had done with Lil, and even as she stares at up him with fire in her gaze, she is ready for him, Vash or Mel to make a move against her. "Mel doesn't care if you get hurt Riff. Why are you helping someone who doesn't care about you?"

Deathwish and Nick hissed as they looked at Faye and the two demons. Nick looks at them. "I think it's time you saw she doesn't care." Nick says and then looks at Lil Deathwish nods to Lil and then the shadows started acting like a barrier keeping anyone from helpping Mel. Deathwish stood there waiting to be a help. He and Nick stood there tall showing there fangs and hoping Flower didn't show up. She kept an eye on Humans but Flower didn't seem to care about mel.

Flower went back into her room ignoring the key guards that were following her around and begging for her not to go anywhere alone. She slammed the door on them. "I don't care! leave me alone!" She shouted and then fell back on her bed annoyed. She heard about Mel and didn't care or even care that Nick and Deathwish were involved or Faye. She just wanted to be left alone. Keyholder guards were following her because her father sent them. She didn't care if Scorn made a threat.

(Um . . . Riff and Vash are standing between Mel and the others, and they're about two feet away from Mel, so how does the barrier keep them out but everyone else in? Also, I'll wait until Legend posts for Lekki before replying.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back