• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Stay Night: Broken Boundaries

The Green Scar

If theres any questions about the character creation or any lore aspects, feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't decided on which of the two classes go better for the character I want, its either Lancer or Berserker. Perhaps you could give me a hand, the character I have in mind is Sun Wukong.

@NekoChanBo

Honestly he could fit into either. It's more of a question of what version of him do you want. Since if you do the berserker he'll obviously be under the Mad Enhancement which will increase his physical skills, but at the cost of his higher level functions and skills. And with the Lancer class, he'll obviously be more agility focused. This will have to be Sun Wukong before being granted Buddhahood (much like how Heracles wasn't an actual god, but his demigod mode), even though in a spin off game the actual Buddha was a servant, he was his own category (a Savior Class servant).

This applies to everyone though, demi-god is the highest level of being we'll be using as servants, so if you have someone who ascended to god-hood, you'll use his pre-god status.

Getting back to your question, I think berserker would work best, but his pole usage definitely qualifies him for lancer.

The Green Scar] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24069-nekochanbo/ said:
@NekoChanBo[/URL]
Honestly he could fit into either. It's more of a question of what version of him do you want. Since if you do the berserker he'll obviously be under the Mad Enhancement which will increase his physical skills, but at the cost of his higher level functions and skills. And with the Lancer class, he'll obviously be more agility focused. This will have to be Sun Wukong before being granted Buddhahood (much like how Heracles wasn't an actual god, but his demigod mode), even though in a spin off game the actual Buddha was a servant, he was his own category (a Savior Class servant).

This applies to everyone though, demi-god is the highest level of being we'll be using as servants, so if you have someone who ascended to god-hood, you'll use his pre-god status.

Getting back to your question, I think berserker would work best, but his pole usage definitely qualifies him for lancer.
Yeah this is the same logic I was using (minus the fact about Buddhahood didn't know we were limiting to non-gods).

Anyhow I think that a Lancer Sun Wukong works slightly better, since under the Mad Enhancement he lose out on his higher level functions and skills and for Sun Wukong his overall skills are pretty damn cool. I find him as a rather un-traditional lancer something which interests me, plus would doesn't want to have magical hair.

NekoChanBo said:
Yeah this is the same logic I was using (minus the fact about Buddhahood didn't know we were limiting to non-gods).
Anyhow I think that a Lancer Sun Wukong works slightly better, since under the Mad Enhancement he lose out on his higher level functions and skills and for Sun Wukong his overall skills are pretty damn cool. I find him as a rather un-traditional lancer something which interests me, plus would doesn't want to have magical hair.
I may actually rescind my thing on godhood. As long as it's not a version of omnipotence (for example an all-father, Buddha, etc.) than it should be fine as long as they're not a major god. Minor gods are alright.

Isn't Surtr a god and thus ineligible? Or I think my memory is being hazy here. I guess you can spin him as a demon/monster and summon him like Medusa.

Proxy said:
Isn't Surtr a god and thus ineligible? Or I think my memory is being hazy here. I guess you can spin him as a demon/monster and summon him like Medusa.
Yeah, in that way I'd see him as being allowed. Cause technicaly Surtr isn't an asgardian god, but actually a Jötunn (Frost Giant, which is ironic considering how associated with flames he is). My main concern with gods is that I don't want people trying to compare versions of omnipotence, hence why minor gods and demi-gods are fine, cause they're not omnipotent or in the range of omnipotence.

[QUOTE="The Green Scar]Yeah, in that way I'd see him as being allowed. Cause technicaly Surtr isn't an asgardian god, but actually a Jötunn (Frost Giant, which is ironic considering how associated with flames he is). My main concern with gods is that I don't want people trying to compare versions of omnipotence, hence why minor gods and demi-gods are fine, cause they're not omnipotent or in the range of omnipotence.

[/QUOTE]
Also the problem that gods are just inherently broken as is considering how divine core nets them EX ranked mana and luck passively, along with random gods showing bonkers powers like Artemis reversing causality just because she felt like it haha. Anyways, I'll try to hammer out a sheet soon.

Proxy said:
Also the problem that gods are just inherently broken as is considering how divine core nets them EX ranked mana and luck passively, along with random gods showing bonkers powers like Artemis reversing causality just because she felt like it haha. Anyways, I'll try to hammer out a sheet soon.
Yeah, but with the stats he gave Surtr, he's not going broken mode (he's not a god anyways). But yeah, any actual god usage will have to be heavily scrutinized into the lore. Surtr is good regardless cause he's not a god.

Proxy said:
Any idea of what class you'll try to occupy?

Also, don't feel limited to far history characters. Nikola Tesla is a servant in Fate/Grand Order, Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde is also a servant so there's many options from the more modern era as well.

[QUOTE="The Green Scar]Any idea of what class you'll try to occupy?

[/QUOTE]
I'unno yet. I will very likely take the Caster class though.

Hmm, I'm a bit concerned with using Sun Wukong on the stats;

Sun Wukong possesses immense strength; he is able to lift his 13,500 jīn (7,960 kilograms (17,550 lb)) staff with ease.

He is also extremely fast, able to travel 108,000 li(21,675 kilometres (13,468 mi)) in one somersault, ONE GODDAMN SOMERSAULT I MEAN JESUS WHAT IS THIS EX+++++++++++ all the time.

Also just noticed he could be used as a caster as well -_-

He knows spells to command wind, part water, conjure protective circles against demons, and freeze humans, demons, and gods alike.

NekoChanBo said:
Hmm, I'm a bit concerned with using Sun Wukong on the stats;
Sun Wukong possesses immense strength; he is able to lift his 13,500 jīn (7,960 kilograms (17,550 lb)) staff with ease.

He is also extremely fast, able to travel 108,000 li(21,675 kilometres (13,468 mi)) in one somersault, ONE GODDAMN SOMERSAULT I MEAN JESUS WHAT IS THIS EX+++++++++++ all the time.

Also just noticed he could be used as a caster as well -_-

He knows spells to command wind, part water, conjure protective circles against demons, and freeze humans, demons, and gods alike.
Bruh, that's nothing on Heracles who literally held the heavens on his shoulders before even becoming god-like. Obviously their actual abilities aren't exactly proportional to their legend's feats, cause if so Herc would've like broke the world on accident during a fight. So a solid A would be a good choice (herc only had a A to A+++ rank as well). As opposed to other types of series where A is simply good, in the Fate universe, A is like the epitome of that skill, and an EX rank is extremely rare. For a sense of perspective, an A rank in "Item Creation" includes the ability to create immortality potions. An EX rank of that skill (held by Paracelsus) allows the creation of essentially anything, including sentience: "With this level one can create a variety of tools, objects and so, like a powerful prana cumulate crystal such as the "philosopher's stone", artificial spirits that correspond to the five elements called Elementals, robots endowed with multiple-body-synchronous-thinking ability, etc." So a solid A to A+ would be appropriate. Also remember that each "+" is a temporary multiplier, so for example a A+ would have the ability to briefly double their strength, an A++ would have the ability to triple, and so on. And I'd stick with either Lancer or Berserker, since we already have two people in competition over Caster.

[QUOTE="The Green Scar]Bruh, that's nothing on Heracles who literally held the heavens on his shoulders before even becoming god-like. Obviously their actual abilities aren't exactly proportional to their legend's feats, cause if so Herc would've like broke the world on accident during a fight. So a solid A would be a good choice (herc only had a A to A+++ rank as well). As opposed to other types of series where A is simply good, in the Fate universe, A is like the epitome of that skill, and an EX rank is extremely rare. For a sense of perspective, an A rank in "Item Creation" includes the ability to create immortality potions. An EX rank of that skill (held by Paracelsus) allows the creation of essentially anything, including sentience: "With this level one can create a variety of tools, objects and so, like a powerful prana cumulate crystal such as the "philosopher's stone", artificial spirits that correspond to the five elements called Elementals, robots endowed with multiple-body-synchronous-thinking ability, etc." So a solid A to A+ would be appropriate. Also remember that each "+" is a temporary multiplier, so for example a A+ would have the ability to briefly double their strength, an A++ would have the ability to triple, and so on. And I'd stick with either Lancer or Berserker, since we already have two people in competition over Caster.

[/QUOTE]
Okay thank you, one last question.

What level would you put the 72 Bian on? (as a Noble Phantasm)

Allows him to shapeshift into almost any form—however, he is never able to transform his tail. He can also transform each of the 84,000 hairs on his body into another form, animate or inanimate, and often bites the hairs into pieces to create even more copies.

Oh and yeah sticking with Lancer just throwing that out there. ^_^

Also Sun Wukong defeated the whole army of Heaven so yeah eat that Hercules ^-^

NekoChanBo said:
Okay thank you, one last question.
What level would you put the 72 Bian on? (as a Noble Phantasm)

Allows him to shapeshift into almost any form—however, he is never able to transform his tail. He can also transform each of the 84,000 hairs on his body into another form, animate or inanimate, and often bites the hairs into pieces to create even more copies.

Oh and yeah sticking with Lancer just throwing that out there. ^_^

Also Sun Wukong defeated the whole army of Heaven so yeah eat that Hercules ^-^
Well, I think the best comparison for the whole 84,000 individual hairs thing and more would be Ionioi Hetairoi (Iskander's Noble Phantasm) which is an EX rank. While the 72 Bian is a powerful tool, those 84,000 hairs (and even including subdivisions) is not on par with a limitless army of independent Heroic Spirits. So I'd say a solid A (no "+"), since it's very versatile and can be used in a large radius. Oh yeah, I want to point out that after reviewing Sun's weaponry and skill sets, that two Noble phantasms seems appropriate for him (this and his staff is what I see).

And as a measure of strength, it'd be a crap ton harder to hold up the entire weight of said army (and the entire realm they resided in) than defeat them. But let's not argue that. haha

[QUOTE="The Green Scar]Well, I think the best comparison for the whole 84,000 individual hairs thing and more would be Ionioi Hetairoi (Iskander's Noble Phantasm) which is an EX rank. While the 72 Bian is a powerful tool, those 84,000 hairs (and even including subdivisions) is not on par with a limitless army of independent Heroic Spirits. So I'd say a solid A (no "+"), since it's very versatile and can be used in a large radius. Oh yeah, I want to point out that after reviewing Sun's weaponry and skill sets, that two Noble phantasms seems appropriate for him (this and his staff is what I see).
And as a measure of strength, it'd be a crap ton harder to hold up the entire weight of said army (and the entire realm they resided in) than defeat them. But let's not argue that. haha

[/QUOTE]
Yeah this is what I got as well, it also works as an item creation so you know I got a class skill ^-^

NekoChanBo said:
Yeah this is what I got as well, it also works as an item creation so you know I got a class skill ^-^
Nice. Oh, and just so you know, as a Lancer, your class skill is Magic Resistance. Probably like B+ ish, as Lancer's usually have mid magic resistance, but Sun's got some innate magic as well.

Yeah I put it there anyway ^-^.

Also I got four Noble Phatasms

one a barrier;

Protective Circle: Allows him to erect an impassible barrier by drawing a circle on the ground with his staff.

and the other a little strange fact that could be interesting which thinking of a name is hard.

Basically Wukong is always shown to be stronger when he is outnumbered shown by how he can defeat a whole army but lose to a single opponent, I was wondering if this would work for one.

@NekoChanBo

I'd say those more of count as personal skills. Especially the latter one, which could jokingly be called the "Conservation of Ninjustu" ability. Where

"In any martial arts fight, there is only a finite amount of ninjutsu available to each side in a given encounter. As a result, one ninja is a deadly threat, but an army of them are cannon fodder."

The Green Scar] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24069-nekochanbo/ said:
@NekoChanBo[/URL]
I'd say those more of count as personal skills. Especially the latter one, which could jokingly be called the "Conservation of Ninjustu" ability. Where

"In any martial arts fight, there is only a finite amount of ninjutsu available to each side in a given encounter. As a result, one ninja is a deadly threat, but an army of them are cannon fodder."
Okay thank you!

And we've got 5 people so far, so it's looking good. Once we get this admittedly tediously thorough (in a good way hopefully) character creation thing out of the way, we'll be good for getting going. A great thing about this setting to is that like in the series, not all of the characters have to come in at the same time or be revealed. So that's convenient so that we can get some people going while others are finishing creating their characters.

@NekoChanBo What's funny is that your character really is a very unorthodox Lancer. Especially with is record of him vs many, as usually Lancers are specialized in close quarters 1v1, but yours it better at clearing out swaths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back