Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can understand why sandbox-type roleplays are easier, though you'd probably need to find players with a huge amount of initiative. Sandbox-style roleplay is easier on the GM but harder on the players as a result, while theme park roleplays (using gaming terminology here) is harder on the GM while easier for the players because all the players need to do is respond to what is happening. This roleplay seems more theme-park than sandbox at this point in time. I think it's difficult to create a truely sandbox type roleplay especially since we're having arcs in this roleplay as well.

Perhaps once this arc ends we can try sandboxing for a while, at least until the next arc.

Say, if you like, I can control the second dragon for you. Might make things easier for you.

HuorSpinks said:
I can understand why sandbox-type roleplays are easier, though you'd probably need to find players with a huge amount of initiative. Sandbox-style roleplay is easier on the GM but harder on the players as a result, while theme park roleplays (using gaming terminology here) is harder on the GM while easier for the players because all the players need to do is respond to what is happening. This roleplay seems more theme-park than sandbox at this point in time. I think it's difficult to create a truely sandbox type roleplay especially since we're having arcs in this roleplay as well.
Perhaps once this arc ends we can try sandboxing for a while, at least until the next arc.

Say, if you like, I can control the second dragon for you. Might make things easier for you.
If you want to, go for it'd. It'd be a big help. And yeah. I intended on things to go more sandbox-y seeing as the next arc is the festival. I have literally nothing planned other than the swimsuit competition and the mini-tournament. There'll of course be a small pause between arcs for people to calm down and things.

I'd help you out but then I can't. I wouldn't be nice enough. It's like "Here Colt, RP one of the dragons" "sure, no problem... Roar of the Ice Dragon! And then everyone's dead and/or incapacitated.

Colt556 said:
I'd help you out but then I can't. I wouldn't be nice enough. It's like "Here Colt, RP one of the dragons" "sure, no problem... Roar of the Ice Dragon! And then everyone's dead and/or incapacitated.
Precisely why I didn't ask you, xD .

I'll be posting now. Extremely sorry for the wait. Instead of doing the simple thing and narrowing down what to do in the arc I kinda over thought things a bit. There will be only two dragons. That coupled with the Grimorìe Heart members should be more than enough bad guys for this arc.

[QUOTE="Leo Radomir]I know that's why i said sorry because i completely forgot mitch is playing the baddies *face palms self*

[/QUOTE]
You sent spectral beasts to the ice dragon, rodwen, and lucian. Unless you actually make a post where those spectral beasts do something nobody can really reply about them. The most you're gonna get is "hey, there's a spectral beast" and they'll go back to dealing with other things. I mean in Swift's latest post he's playing Clair, well your spectral beasts haven't actually done anything so he has nothing to remark. For example Lloyd fired an air and Swift remarked on that because Lloyd's actions affected his character.

You gotta be more proactive, you gotta actually do stuff. You can't just say "they exist" and leave it at that. You have to tell people where these beasts are, what they look like, what they're doing. You have to give enough detail so that the other player can form a picture in their mind and go "ok well if they're doing this, my character would do this".

I left it open post so they can dodge or be caught off guard and regroup and recover since some have taken big hits, but there is a point to that sorry so since their pretty fast it women take then long to get to the other two targets

Colt556 said:
You sent spectral beasts to the ice dragon, rodwen, and lucian. Unless you actually make a post where those spectral beasts do something nobody can really reply about them. The most you're gonna get is "hey, there's a spectral beast" and they'll go back to dealing with other things. I mean in Swift's latest post he's playing Clair, well your spectral beasts haven't actually done anything so he has nothing to remark. For example Lloyd fired an air and Swift remarked on that because Lloyd's actions affected his character.
You gotta be more proactive, you gotta actually do stuff. You can't just say "they exist" and leave it at that. You have to tell people where these beasts are, what they look like, what they're doing. You have to give enough detail so that the other player can form a picture in their mind and go "ok well if they're doing this, my character would do this".
Yeah. That's the main reason I've done nothing to them.

at the end of the next post they should be at the other two targets right? i can edit the summoning post to say what they are if that well help

[QUOTE="Leo Radomir]I left it open post so they can dodge or be caught off guard and regroup and recover since some have taken big hits, but there is a point to that sorry so since their pretty fast it women take then long to get to the other two targets

[/QUOTE]
It's fine to leave it open but you still gotta include more detail. As an example look at my posts fighting Rodwen. I left it open so he could dodge/block but I still made it abundantly clear I was throwing a punch or shooting fire or something. Details are very important in RP as it's those details that allow us to understand what's going on and react accordingly.

A trick you can use is imagine it in your mind, like a big spectral bear charging lucian and raising it's paw to swipe at him. That's just an image I have in my mind. Lucian's standing there, arms folded behind his back in a swanky suit looking ever the gentleman. The spectral bear charges in from the side. Just as it takes it's swing, nothing, that's where you end your post and allow Mitch to do whatever he wants in response. But up until that mid-air swipe you explain the details needed to paint a scene in your mind.

@Leo Radomir

A few things.

1. Lucian tossed Momoki to the ground, he wasn't gripping her at all.

2. Tags :P .

3. Third target =...?

4. The hell is a rock bird and how would it hurt a dragon ._.

ah my bad i meant the massive birds from lor

i'll edit the grabbed part

and isn't there still one dragon?

The birds i have in mind have very sharp talons and beaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Leo Radomir]ah my bad i meant the massive birds from lor
i'll edit the grabbed part

and isn't there still one dragon?

The birds i have in mind have very sharp talons and beaks.

[/QUOTE]
Ivalice is the only dragon in combat. But saying third enemy is fairly vauge, as is your post about the angel of death. It'd be easier and less confusing to just use names ._.

Mitchs98 said:
Ivalice is the only dragon in combat. But saying third enemy is fairly vauge, as is your post about the angel of death. It'd be easier and less confusing to just use names ._.
Bro, names are for suckers. I never use names.

Also I'm heading out for a while so here's hoping there isn't a flurry of posts rofl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back