Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kazehana said:
A lot of these are redundant, so this list is shorter than you made it seem. ie. magic limit, potential limit, capacity limit, and strength limit are all essentially the same thing. Cooldown and exhaustion are the same thing. The sanity condition was kind of the point of your character, was it not? Don't beat yourself down with these limits if they are trying to accomplish the same goal
Also, some of these are simply side effects to using magic that was never meant for your character in the first place. You really should've expected that to be a thing

And all the limits you've proposed are to keep your character from being the most powerful being in existence

And every single condition you've provided is because of that one power. Her concept of insanity is a good idea. The concept is not flawed. The actuation of the concept was flawed, but only by that one power's capabilities
And all of you fail to realize one thing about her concept that's why I can't accept making her a mimic.

Metaphysics said:
And all of you fail to realize one thing about her concept that's why I can't accept making her a mimic.
What are we missing? You want to be able to drive other people insane

And that power sort of makes her a mimic, no?

@Colt556

Unfortunately the writers have only ever given Fairy Tail their magics. However they made those three spells with the intention of them being the only "Great Magics" and therefore ridiculously strong. However I don't know why Sabertooth never got any ^_^ it'd make sense for them to have at least one. However, being the magic of Sabertooth it has to stick with the theme of the guild. Much like all of Fairy Tails Great Magic is powered by the bond between friends and the hope and positivity within the user.

Sabertooth's would have to be something super gloomy xD , if we're sticking with the traditional nature of Sabertooth. Perhaps an ultimate submission technique or something? An ultimate destruction technique? Hmm. I'd say that it was Gilad that devised them no matter what you decide (if you decide on doing something)

Kazehana said:
My biggest weakness! Cards!
It's all about the aesthetics. A charming vagabond with a history he wants to forget. All he has is a deck of cards and a couple dollars to his name. He dances with fate and leads! Uncertainty is his mistress, his passion and his poison.

I'm not making much sense but that's the beauty of aesthetics. Tldr card magic is sick.

[QUOTE="Chat Noir]It's all about the aesthetics. A charming vagabond with a history he wants to forget. All he has is a deck of cards and a couple dollars to his name. He dances with fate and leads! Uncertainty is his mistress, his passion and his poison.
I'm not making much sense but that's the beauty of aesthetics. Tldr card magic is sick.

[/QUOTE]
You're right. If you brought out a deck of cards, my pants would fall straight to the floor. So charming

Metaphysics said:
She's a thief.
She can steal other things or a certain set of things? She doesn't necessarily need to be erased from the rp. I'm sure someone will be able to think of something

But Mitch makes decisions, so you should probs discuss it with him

Last edited by a moderator:
Kazehana said:
She can steal other things or a certain set of things? She doesn't need to be erased from the rp. I'm sure someone will be able to think of something
She's stealing your spells, she's stealing you memories. The only reason Take Away is like that is because if it were the actual Take Away you would not get anything back at all. If she needs more tweaking then her concept is butchered.

Kazehana said:
You're right. If you brought out a deck of cards, my pants would fall straight to the floor. So charming
Did you forget that uncertainty was his mistress? He's already married he can't cheat on her that's illegal people can't do that.

Metaphysics said:
@Mitchs98 How about this. Alabaster keeps the magic indefinitely, however she can only keep two magics. She has to forget one magic if she wants to replace it. Memories and knowledge of other things are kept.
Kyuubey said:
Adrian Bell - Genon, was asked to remove the great magics, like Fairy Law, from his roll table by Mitch after a discussion about it. I don't think your character should be allowed to have access to that magic either and I'm hoping Mitch will feel the same. @Mitchs98
Metaphysics said:
But I guess if you guys really don't like Alabaster I'll have to remove her because any more changes kills off her character concept. I don't like hacking off parts of the original concept. I know to you guys she seems OP and if you guys have a problem with her being in the RP I'd gladly remove her. Better to know all this now before later on when she's copied two magics and everyone starts telling me I shouldn't do that because it's overpowered. @Mitchs98 Don't worry about removing her. I'll go kill of something I'm proud off before the next arc. It'd probably be for the best before the OOC, I place I consider fun, devolves into arguing.
Kazehana said:
If nixing easy to abuse power kills her entire concept, that would mean her entire being is based around that concept. So just make her like a mimic and reduce her power to a reasonable level
Metaphysics said:
Oh you want reasonable huh? I can do reasonable. No, I'm not going to make her a mimic and reduce her power. No, I'm going to shift her development forward to the point that she doesn't need her spellrobbing and traumatizing and her terrors and fears, since that seems to be the problem everyone has. I am going to EDH things up. Her entire point is mind games. Now you get something else. Oh you'll see. You'll all see.
[media]

[/media]

Empire of Bal Magna: Online

-Sleepiness, boredom and scrutiny has made you insane, previous character concepts have now been sorted and fused to the most appropriate set of skills. *Note: I am legit sleepy, I want to sleep soon so I'm gonna rest after finishing this.

How about Law of The Jungle or something.
Kazehana said:
A lot of these are redundant, so this list is shorter than you made it seem. ie. magic limit, potential limit, capacity limit, and strength limit are all essentially the same thing. Cooldown and exhaustion are the same thing. The sanity condition was kind of the point of your character, was it not? Don't beat yourself down with these limits if they are trying to accomplish the same goal
Also, some of these are simply side effects to using magic that was never meant for your character in the first place. You really should've expected that to be a thing

And all the limits you've proposed are to keep your character from being the most powerful being in existence

And every single condition you've provided is because of that one power. Her concept of insanity is a good idea. The concept is not flawed. The actuation of the concept was flawed, but only by that one power's capabilities
Alright. So. She can keep two spells indefinetely for as long as she wants, they go away when she wants to swap them out. No Great Fairy Magics or any other Great Magic, period. Even if it'll blow up in her face upon use, that's simply not knowledge you gain. Any copied magic will be scaled down to A Class level or lower depending on the complexity and overral raw power of the magic. Don't expect her to be as good with the magic power wise as the original wielder, at all. She can have knowledge on how to counter the shiza out of it but I don't want her to be able to use that as an excuse to dodge all attacks either.

She doesn't have to be killed off, hell there's no way she can be in this arc unless a meteor smites her out of no where.

We good here?

[QUOTE="Chat Noir]Did you forget that uncertainty was his mistress? He's already married he can't cheat on her that's illegal people can't do that.

[/QUOTE]
Mistresses aren't necessary wives D:

Don't you usually cheat on someone with a mistress anyway?

Talon said:
@Colt556 why dont you do a spcial takeover magic like, wooly mammoth and saber tooth takeovers or something like dat?¿?¿
Gotta be grander than that to stand on the same stage as Fairy Law or Fairy Glitter.

LeSoraAmari said:
@Colt556
Unfortunately the writers have only ever given Fairy Tail their magics. However they made those three spells with the intention of them being the only "Great Magics" and therefore ridiculously strong. However I don't know why Sabertooth never got any ^_^ it'd make sense for them to have at least one. However, being the magic of Sabertooth it has to stick with the theme of the guild. Much like all of Fairy Tails Great Magic is powered by the bond between friends and the hope and positivity within the user.

Sabertooth's would have to be something super gloomy xD , if we're sticking with the traditional nature of Sabertooth. Perhaps an ultimate submission technique or something? An ultimate destruction technique? Hmm. I'd say that it was Gilad that devised them no matter what you decide (if you decide on doing something)
Yeah, it exists just to make Fairy Tail more super special. But I don't like things like that, they're just too unrealistic. Every guild would devise some kind of special guild-exclusive magic to pass down. They all have their pride, their hope, their desires same as fairy tail. As far as I'm concerned every major guild would have their own form of great magic that represents their guild. Anything else would be really quite silly.

I don't like the idea of Gilad making it, though. I dislike piling too much on him, he's suppose to powerful but he aint suppose to be Mavis tier or anything. Even if Sabertooth didn't have any such magic in the main story I can see someone along the line devising it, I mean you have an eternal rivalry between Sabertooth and Fairy Tail, it just seems like given the nature of Sabertooth they would have gotten sick of Fairy Tail being the ones with great magic spells and move to create their own.

The question is what would be something that can be on par with the fairy magic, yet unique to Sabertooth.

Kazehana said:
Mistresses aren't necessary wives D:
Don't you usually cheat on someone with a mistress anyway?
Yes I suppose that's true. But their relationship is deep and complicated. Who really knows what it truly entails.

Not me. I don't involve myself in the private matters of other people's relationships. Even if the relationship in question is between a man and an abstract concept.

Their wedding must have been weird.

"I now pronounce you man and existential feelings of dread and inevitability."

[QUOTE="Chat Noir]Yes I suppose that's true. But their relationship is deep and complicated. Who really knows what it truly entails.
Not me. I don't involve myself in the private matters of other people's relationships. Even if the relationship in question is between a man and an abstract concept.

Their wedding must have been weird.

"I now pronounce you man and existential feelings of dread and inevitability."

[/QUOTE]
Well now I just feel silly that my pants are on the floor for no reason

Mitchs98 said:
Any copied magic will be scaled down to A Class level or lower depending on the complexity and overral raw power of the magic.
We good here?
So...mimic?! This essentially makes her a mimic. A mimic.

[QUOTE="Chat Noir]It's OK you can do better than him. He's just a loser that uses shitty card magic.

[/QUOTE]
Wait I thought you were promoting card magic xD

And he's not just a loser! He's a special loser!

Metaphysics said:
So...mimic?! This essentially makes her a mimic. A mimic.
You expected her to be able to use S-Class power magic as an A-Class with no reprecussions? So, basically as Kaze said. You wanted her to be able to surpass A-Class standards simply because she can steal memories of magic and magic itself? I'm sorry, but. If that WAS your character concept I'm not allowing it. I don't see how this makes her a mimic in the least considering her other magic, at all.

Colt556 said:
Gotta be grander than that to stand on the same stage as Fairy Law or Fairy Glitter.
Yeah, it exists just to make Fairy Tail more super special. But I don't like things like that, they're just too unrealistic. Every guild would devise some kind of special guild-exclusive magic to pass down. They all have their pride, their hope, their desires same as fairy tail. As far as I'm concerned every major guild would have their own form of great magic that represents their guild. Anything else would be really quite silly.

I don't like the idea of Gilad making it, though. I dislike piling too much on him, he's suppose to powerful but he aint suppose to be Mavis tier or anything. Even if Sabertooth didn't have any such magic in the main story I can see someone along the line devising it, I mean you have an eternal rivalry between Sabertooth and Fairy Tail, it just seems like given the nature of Sabertooth they would have gotten sick of Fairy Tail being the ones with great magic spells and move to create their own.

The question is what would be something that can be on par with the fairy magic, yet unique to Sabertooth.
I'm honestly not sure tbh Sabertooth is the second strongest guild in Fiore, they NEED a special magic imo. However it's the question of what that will be that's painful xD

On another note, I really want Mavis and Gilad to meet. Can this happen?

LeSoraAmari said:
I'm honestly not sure tbh Sabertooth is the second strongest guild in Fiore, they NEED a special magic imo. However it's the question of what that will be that's painful xD
After all this, it should be the power of absolute decision making xD

Mitchs98 said:
Law of Nature sounded pretty cool, but that's more plant based than anything I'd think..
Rules of Nature was a joke aimed at the whole Metal Gear song that goes with everything and sorta fits Sabertooth's whole "gotta be strong" vibe. I wasn't entirely serious.

Colt556 said:
Rules of Nature was a joke aimed at the whole Metal Gear song that goes with everything and sorta fits Sabertooth's whole "gotta be strong" vibe. I wasn't entirely serious.
Perhaps a magic that could enhance the users abilities by a phenomenal amount, making them as strong if not stronger than armies. "Total Enhancement" or something like that, idk. xD

Mitchs98 said:
You expected her to be able to use S-Class power magic as an A-Class with no reprecussions? So, basically as Kaze said. You wanted her to be able to surpass A-Class standards simply because she can steal memories of magic and magic itself? I'm sorry, but. If that WAS your character concept I'm not allowing it. I don't see how this makes her a mimic in the least considering her other magic, at all.
That's not my problem. She's not a mimic. She's a thief.

LeSoraAmari said:
On another note, I really want Mavis and Gilad to meet. Can this happen?
LeSoraAmari said:
Perhaps a magic that could enhance the users abilities by a phenomenal amount, making them as strong if not stronger than armies. "Total Enhancement" or something like that, idk. xD
That's what makes it so difficult, the fairy tail spells are rather general and cover a wide array of things, so coming up with something unique but equally as impressive is very hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back