Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Colt556 said:
It's difficult describing intangible things.
I think 'expelled' is the wrong word, that implies it's coming from the caster and traveling towards the target. It's more that caster magic is using the mage's mana whereas holder magic uses the item's magic with the mage simply activating it. It's why Grey can just materialize ice over or around his opponent without it actually traveling from his body to the target. I think for most caster type magic, as long as you're in range you can materialize your magic anywhere on the field.
I get what you're saying. The word expelled came from the Wikipedia for caster magic in Fairy Tail so I was simply referencing that. I mean the magic itself comes from ones body and not an item, it's within them, magic pool wise that they dip into if that makes sense lol.

Kyuubey said:
I get what you're saying. The word expelled came from the Wikipedia for caster magic in Fairy Tail so I was simply referencing that. I mean the magic itself comes from ones body and not an item, it's within them, magic pool wise that they dip into if that makes sense lol.
Yeah, that's why I think expelled is a poor choice of word for the wiki. It implies that the spell begins at the caster and then travels to the target.

In semi-related news I am now perusing the wiki and found a 'dispel' magic that shows a gif of some chick negating Erza's armor and weapons and a description saying it can dispel a spell. This implies requip doesn't work the way I earlier described and actually requires you to actively maintain the equipment. So going off this I should actually be able to negate any items that are requiped on since apparently requiped gear is a spell unto itself.

Colt556 said:
Yeah, that's why I think expelled is a poor choice of word for the wiki. It implies that the spell begins at the caster and then travels to the target.
In semi-related news I am now perusing the wiki and found a 'dispel' magic that shows a gif of some chick negating Erza's armor and weapons and a description saying it can dispel a spell. This implies requip doesn't work the way I earlier described and actually requires you to actively maintain the equipment. So going off this I should actually be able to negate any items that are requiped on since apparently requiped gear is a spell unto itself.
Just because I'm curious, what about Satan Soul and the other forms of Take Over magic?

[QUOTE="Huor Spinks]You people have so much free time. I only post once a day ^^

[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by 'you people'?

>stares intensely

I kid! xD

Colt556 said:
I meant like a chair. Like a literal chair. That doesn't come from a dimension like a requip. Like someone creates a chair. What happens to the chair that now exists?

LeSoraAmari said:
Just because I'm curious, what about Satan Soul and the other forms of Take Over magic?
Would get negated. Not even a complicated one for that as that's just straight up magic.

Kazehana said:
I meant like a chair. Like a literal chair. That doesn't come from a dimension like a requip. Like someone creates a chair. What happens to the chair that now exists?
You can't create something from nothing. If you conjure up a chair via magic then the chair is a magical construct and thus can be negated. If you used magic to summon an ACTUAL chair then the chair itself couldn't be negated as it isn't magical. Using magic to summon/create a chair is no different than using magic to summon/create fireballs. Fireballs, despite being actual literal fire, can still be negated because it's still magical. Same for the chair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back