Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
purplepanda288 said:
I don't remember the part where we agreed that taint would be a negative ( Edit: negative charged form) of magic. Taint is the complete opposite of magic, they cancel each other out. I see where your coming from but, let's say, just let me give you an example yes? Let's say that magic is a light source and that light source is shinging. Now let's say I put a cube, the cube is a Mage using magic, that cube casts a shadow. That shadow is taint, it's a biproduct of light. and now let's hay that of I shine light on the other side of the box where the shadow. The shadow disappears.
You explained the 'taint' as a byproduct of magic. You never explained it as some sort of magical anti-matter. As a byproduct of magic it is magic unto itself. Even then, if we go with the interpretation that it's some sort of magical anti-matter, the complete opposite of magic, then it's STILL magic. A byproduct of magic would still have traces of magic, it's still magical and thus can be negated. A magical anti-matter would still be "matter" and thus negated. Negation simply disperses anything magical. The reason I used the "positive" is just to help kind of explain it. Byproduct, anti-magic, positive and negative, the end result is it's still a type of magic unto itself. If it wasn't a type of magic it wouldn't be able to do anything. So as a type of magic it can be negated same as any other type of magic.

Metaphysics said:
What about Raa's shift magic? Going through this example, the magic enforces the change but does not maintain it since the change has already occurred. So since it's there already and it's technically not magic does that mean null does not work on shifted material?
It really depends on how shift magic works. If it's just a "I change you" sorta deal then it'd actually be fairly worthless in a lot of the situations you've used it. For example your air manipulation when you turned air into bear traps. If you don't actively maintain it the air would just go back to being normal air. This applies for virtually every single time you've used shift magic. With nothing to maintain it it wouldn't be able to hold it's form. There would be some examples of it being able to hold it's form, such as if you turned water into steam it aint like the steam would just automatically go back to water the second you left it alone. But for every practical application you've demonstrated you'd need to actively be maintaining the change, and in those cases yeah they could be negated because he'd be negating the magic maintaining it. So imagine your shift magic as an intangible force shaping the molecules within the atmosphere to create a solid bear trap. Without that intangible force holding them there they'd disperse and go back to normal, so if that force is suddenly removed then it disperses and your bear trap ceases to exist.

Kazehana said:
Ahh gotcha
One last super specific example because I just thought of it: What if Mimi tried to reflect his negation? Would it reflect it back at him, thus negating his negation? :o
Seeing as how reflection is magic and magic is negated your reflection spell would be negated. I'm not entirely sure how you could reflect an intangible force to begin with. I mean, it's not like his negation is him shooting out a beam or something. But regardless, your reflect would be negated.

There's a reason I took the spell, it's OP :(

I'm going out soon so I'll leave you all with this great story.

My best bud really wants GTA V and it was his birthday last week. I hadn't gotten him anything because I'm buying him Overwatch for his birthday. While I was browsing through steam I happened upon a game called Not GTA V. It's exactly as it sounds.

My friend wasn't home at the time, since he was cramming together an assignment at the last minute and had gone to the university library to do so. So I sent Not GTA V to him as a gift on steam. Then I messaged him on facebook, telling him that I bought him a video game for his birthday. He asked what it was, which I told him that it was a secret. However, because I'm such a kind hearted person, I gave him a clue as to what it was by telling him that the game had the letters "GTA V" in it.

Of coarse at this point he's super happy and is thanking me for being so great. All while I'm sitting here with the biggest shit eating grin. A few hours later he got home to open his present. He called me a monster. He's not wrong.

Colt556 said:
Seeing as how reflection is magic and magic is negated your reflection spell would be negated. I'm not entirely sure how you could reflect an intangible force to begin with. I mean, it's not like his negation is him shooting out a beam or something. But regardless, your reflect would be negated.
She can reflect field spells if she surrounds herself in a mirror ball, as since it technically comes in all directions in, it goes it all directions out. Though I suppose that it would technically not be a thing she could do with that

Colt556 said:
You explained the 'taint' as a byproduct of magic. You never explained it as some sort of magical anti-matter. As a byproduct of magic it is magic unto itself. Even then, if we go with the interpretation that it's some sort of magical anti-matter, the complete opposite of magic, then it's STILL magic. A byproduct of magic would still have traces of magic, it's still magical and thus can be negated. A magical anti-matter would still be "matter" and thus negated. Negation simply disperses anything magical. The reason I used the "positive" is just to help kind of explain it. Byproduct, anti-magic, positive and negative, the end result is it's still a type of magic unto itself. If it wasn't a type of magic it wouldn't be able to do anything. So as a type of magic it can be negated same as any other type of magic.
It really depends on how shift magic works. If it's just a "I change you" sorta deal then it'd actually be fairly worthless in a lot of the situations you've used it. For example your air manipulation when you turned air into bear traps. If you don't actively maintain it the air would just go back to being normal air. This applies for virtually every single time you've used shift magic. With nothing to maintain it it wouldn't be able to hold it's form. There would be some examples of it being able to hold it's form, such as if you turned water into steam it aint like the steam would just automatically go back to water the second you left it alone. But for every practical application you've demonstrated you'd need to actively be maintaining the change, and in those cases yeah they could be negated because he'd be negating the magic maintaining it. So imagine your shift magic as an intangible force shaping the molecules within the atmosphere to create a solid bear trap. Without that intangible force holding them there they'd disperse and go back to normal, so if that force is suddenly removed then it disperses and your bear trap ceases to exist.

Good thing it's not like that.

[QUOTE="Chat Noir]I'm going out soon so I'll leave you all with this great story.
My best bud really wants GTA V and it was his birthday last week. I hadn't gotten him anything because I'm buying him Overwatch for his birthday. While I was browsing through steam I happened upon a game called Not GTA V. It's exactly as it sounds.

My friend wasn't home at the time, since he was cramming together an assignment at the last minute and had gone to the university library to do so. So I sent Not GTA V to him as a gift on steam. Then I messaged him on facebook, telling him that I bought him a video game for his birthday. He asked what it was, which I told him that it was a secret. However, because I'm such a kind hearted person, I gave him a clue as to what it was by telling him that the game had the letters "GTA V" in it.

Of coarse at this point he's super happy and is thanking me for being so great. All while I'm sitting here with the biggest shit eating grin. A few hours later he got home to open his present. He called me a monster. He's not wrong.

[/QUOTE]
This sounds like something I might do tbh

Though I do not enjoy eating feces as much as you apparently xD

Colt556 said:

I'm sorry, I just read this and

He was able to turn air into a bear trap? Excuse me? That sounds extremely wrong if that even happened

Kazehana said:
She can reflect field spells if she surrounds herself in a mirror ball, as since it technically comes in all directions in, it goes it all directions out. Though I suppose that it would technically not be a thing she could do with that
Well negation is a prime example of "it's magic, I aint gotta explain shit" since they never suggested in the show or manga that it was some kind of aura, or field, or anything like that. Dude could just negate your magic and be done with it. It's probably something completely intangible that targets the source of the magic directly. Like, Professor X mind controlling you and forcing you to stop using magic sorta nonsense.

Or maybe we just leave at

100a6a7c2fafbc9e79699fcf584c8e1b.jpg

Colt556 said:
Well negation is a prime example of "it's magic, I aint gotta explain shit" since they never suggested in the show or manga that it was some kind of aura, or field, or anything like that. Dude could just negate your magic and be done with it. It's probably something completely intangible that targets the source of the magic directly. Like, Professor X mind controlling you and forcing you to stop using magic sorta nonsense.

I was just confused because tbh the situation is a paradox. I would doubt we would get into that sort of situation, but Gilad wins everything, so not gonna argue

Kazehana said:
I was just confused because tbh the situation is a paradox. I would doubt we would get into that sort of situation, but Gilad wins everything, so not gonna argue
In simplistic, visceral terms I'd imagine reflect as a mirror and the negate as a hammer being thrown at it. Just slams through and busts the mirror no fucks given.

Colt556 said:
In simplistic, visceral terms I'd imagine reflect as a mirror and the negate as a hammer being thrown at it. Just slams through and busts the mirror no fucks given.
The mirror is just a medium. It's basically a portal to the parallel dimension, allowing the attack to pass through and proceed in the opposite direction

But I can see where you're coming from. I would just picture it as a candle snuffed out by a bowl or something lol

Colt556 said:

It is a caster type magic as it was categorized as such so it's magic expelled from the users body. It also had a radius in which it can be used but that was also explained as being very large.

Jackaboi said:
You need to wait for me to respond to the situation. You shouldn't reply after every post in a group setting like this

Tbh her reaction to Eric doesn't really matter since you've already moved past it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kazehana said:
You need to wait for me to respond to the situation. You shouldn't reply after every post in a group setting like this
Tbh her reaction to Eric doesn't really matter since you've already moved past it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sorry...

Kazehana said:
The mirror is just a medium. It's basically a portal to the parallel dimension, allowing the attack to pass through and proceed in the opposite direction
But I can see where you're coming from. I would just picture it as a candle snuffed out by a bowl or something lol
It's difficult describing intangible things.

Kyuubey said:
It is a caster type magic as it was categorized as such so it's magic expelled from the users body. It also had a radius in which it can be used but that was also explained as being very large.
I think 'expelled' is the wrong word, that implies it's coming from the caster and traveling towards the target. It's more that caster magic is using the mage's mana whereas holder magic uses the item's magic with the mage simply activating it. It's why Grey can just materialize ice over or around his opponent without it actually traveling from his body to the target. I think for most caster type magic, as long as you're in range you can materialize your magic anywhere on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back