[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

ARGENT MUSE APPROACH

Cost: 3m per die; Mins: Intelligence 3, Essence 2; Type: Simple Keywords: Combo-OKDuration: IndefinitePrerequisite Charms: Any Intelligence Excellency

Lunars inspire others to make their dreams real. The meager are encouraged to be more than they thought possible; the mighty are illuminated by the unorthodox methods of the Stewards. To activate this Charm, the Lunar concentrates on a project being undertaken by another character, and offers instinctive commentary on the character’s method of approach. Inspiration strikes in the mind of the subject, igniting new creative ideas and methods. The Lunar may add one die per three motes to all rolls the target takes in pursuit of a certain project, so long as those rolls are based on a mental Attribute and the project is inherently creative in some way. The Lunar may bestow no more than (her Intelligence) dice to a single subject, and these count as dice added by a Charm.

If the character is acting as muse to her Solar mate, Argent Muse Approach’s bonus does not count as dice added by a Charm.

---

Fangs tends to do this while you're asleep. You know when you go to sleep thinking about a problem, and wake up with the answer?

Might be a Lunar's fault ;)

Hmm.. seems like stalking Siham might not be a bad thing to do either. I'm sure he'll be making lots of design related rolls if not crafting rolls.

Oh nice! That's awesome! Where do I sign?

In all seriousness, for now, I'll pass. In the future, I think I will ask for this help.

We need to discover a First Age manse with one of those circles that allows you to summon and break a Second Circle demon into a swarm of firsties...

Remember that the project must be inherently *creative*.

That is, there is only one possible way to do it: creatively.

Painting a portrait is NOT inherently creative, while imagining and painting a beautiful non-existing someone IS.

Wait to see how long will it be to fight against the Legion's sudden attack while two of you are completely out of WP...

Not really long, actually.

xarvh said:
Wait to see how long will it be to fight against the Legion's sudden attack while two of you are completely out of WP...
Not really long, actually.
This is one of the reasons the way stunting is handled in this game is somewhat problematic.

xarvh said:
Whatever you mean with that, you had ample opportunities to complain in the past.
It isn't a complaint - it's a note.

Namely, that after-the-fact, XP adding stunts, while helpful in many ways, get rid of the stunting back Willpower/Essence ability that annoyingly underpins a lot of Exalted.

It's a chronic problem in PbP games.

xarvh said:
Wut?
Where did I write that stunting does NOT get you motes/WP? oO
I haven't seen anyone using stunts that way thus far - I at least read the house rule that stunts netted you XP as they didn't net you other things. If that's a mistake, then the problem is just the time lag between an action and awarding the stunt, which is much less of a thing.

The same rule says that by stunting (only if in support of your motivation) you can get at max 1 xp per scene.

Regarding the time lag, I would not allow to use motes/wp for the same action that generates them even in a tabletop.

Further, since only the most important NPCs do stunt (mostly because I feel lame assigning myself stunts) I think the PCs still have it easy.

This said, both as a player and ST I really hate to keep track of motes anyway.

xarvh said:
The same rule says that by stunting (only if in support of your motivation) you can get at max 1 xp per scene.
Regarding the time lag, I would not allow to use motes/wp for the same action that generates them even in a tabletop.

Further, since only the most important NPCs do stunt (mostly because I feel lame assigning myself stunts) I think the PCs still have it easy.

This said, both as a player and ST I really hate to keep track of motes anyway.
So do I - it's just an easy way out of the "ambush and your out of WP" problem.

And, for those that aren't apt to writing well-put-together long posts about meta-acitons for stunts . . .

At the table, I was usually very good at stunting. But, PbP makes it tough for me. Fortunately, I think you handle it by action, not description, right xarvh?

Incidentally, what would I have had to change to get a stunt on my last "long" post? Still getting used to all this and what you are looking for in these meta-posts.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

AM I supposed to be tracking motes and such for these meta-bits?

EDIT: (Are you sure you want me playing this game? I'm making a lot of mistakes. LOL. :confused: )

No you are not.

But if you spend 2wp every day it May be very exacting onyourresources.

A cool description will get you stunt 1.

To get to stunt 2 you usually need a cool idea.

Also Wlf you are a very good player.

Stop excusing yourself every time you breathe.

Everyone is happy that you are here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back