[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

:D

The stunt guidelines I (more or less) follow are those:

House Rules

Most of your long posts here qualify for 1 die stunt, but in Empire Time I feel more comfortable to assign them when I answer to you all.

Lets just skip my "turn" for now. Way too much info to process there.

I apologize, but I think I'm going to give my first negative criticism to the game. Maybe it's just me, but I think Xarvh is putting on us way more plot threads and problems than our group is able to manage at a time. We've got the behemoth, the bloom, the deathlords, the alchemicals, the psycho lunar neighbor, the possibility of a future Realm attack, the Thornians, and that's in addition to having to manage our little country itself and all the problems that entails. Beginning to feel a little overloaded here.

@Midboss: I understand, the plot can be definitely overwhelming, see Wlf struggling to get in.

This is why I started the Chapter with a brief recap.

I think complexity it necessary if you want to have non-trivial solutions (aka: "hit bad guy with daiklave") and a wide range of options for your actions that exploit the context.

I may be wrong and am more that willing to accept feedback.

Let's take a break, I would really like to know what you guys think.

I think the way most of us have been handling it is to grab something we or our characters want to work on and just focus on that. Its hard to choose and it certainly isn't likely to be ideal, but I don't think anyone is going to judge you for working on one project rather than 50. Probably hardest for you because I'm sure you could make meaningful strides in w/e direction though.

Does it help at all to break down what you'd want siham to do regarding each thing and target the "best/most interesting" thing? Or is it more just way too much to keep track of per post sort of thing?

Mid, do you think you could play this IC?

I mean, fits the character to have Siham very concentrated on his job, eschewing politics and letting the others take the brunt of the complexity.

None is really asking him to have an answer to all the problems that Cross is facing.

We don't have to handle all the problems, we are not alone in this world, we can forge alliances to help us deal with stuff too :)

ST; I felt like I couldn't handle everything about the Three in my post, so I left it there.

If you need it I can probably write the speech he's thought of.

Naa, I'm opening a Scene just for you, you are a freak anyway so we can post pretty quickly.

(Happy birthday Cyl.. :) )

Give me some time guys.

Also, you haven't yet any established mutual-defense pact with Tirana, and the non-aggression may be about to expire (but gotta check this).

The forum tells me I didn't post even if the posting is successful...

I still have to add some stuff, but at least you guys have something to read.

@CI, you did not tell me anywhere that Fangs was moving to Sanctuary so I'm keeping you in Cross. Right?

Gee, with what happens to people when they drop the game... I'm never leaving this one ! :eek:

:( poor river

So, uh, I'm guessing I just need to wait for edits or some such, but did Argis's actions last turn accomplish anything?

Life is hectic for me this month, I have a huuuuuge delay on spending xp I shall adress this before doing anything else.

Plus I'm flying back to Lima on monday so don't worry if I don't pop until next thursday :)

xarvh said:
@CI, you did not tell me anywhere that Fangs was moving to Sanctuary so I'm keeping you in Cross. Right?
I am moving there - all of this is tiding up before I go. I just figured I'd give you a chance to reply to it before I peace'd out. Figure I read Walkers letter and then either need to react to it, or head off to Sanctuary.

Yeah, I need to write Argis' results and Walker's letter.

Putting together the last post was a mess. T_T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back