[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

cyl said:
I think it would be insanely, ridiculously awesome !
I love that character.

EDIT: although I must admit I had a mind of adding a bit of his swag to my rp with Malek. There's surely a crossroads demon deep inside of him who's just waiting for the right moment to become king of hell.

But since you shot first and are playing the crazy one in our group, I'll find some other model... perhaps some Mal from Firefly would fit the character nicely.
Mal would fit quite well with Malek.

Mostly, Fangs wants to yell "MORONS" on occasion ;)

Note to the guys, feel free to interact a bit more with the Widow, I'll be coming back home to the city of lights come tomorrow and have a busy agenda the first few days. Should be up on next monday though.

ST; if it slows the pace too much, just fire the sacred oath up (mine not hers !) under the conditions we've all mentioned.

cyl said:
ST; if it slows the pace too much, just fire the sacred oath up (mine not hers !) under the conditions we've all mentioned.
I'll give you today then probably do that.

So, in pursuit of this whole Fangs-as-Crowley feeling, I figure she needs to stop in for some chats. Except since she's Fangs, and I haven't been using my Muse-charm nearly enough, she's going to stop by for some chats in people's sleep.

Two bits of information:

- Who needs a boost to a rolled ability in the near future, and what is it?

- What does your character think of Fangs.

- well depends on what we need but I could use a boost in socialize / presence

- Malek's views on Fangs: hard to read, very wise, unpredictable and a bit scary, goddamn good sorceress, key element in the development dominion, has difficulties to commit and accept her duties towards the people under the protection of the Circle (even though she has spent gazillions of motes to help them out, she often says that she may, wants, and will go away eventually at one point), and rather entertaining (in the way she messes with Siham).

He respects her greatly for both her wisdom, her power, and the things she has done for the community and would like to be closer friends with her, but feels her lunarness and all the background that goes with it prevents that.

He thinks there's only one way they can get closer and share the same views: one has to give up his beliefs and agree with the other's... and that's basically as epic as it gets, because they may have very similar goals (mortal self sustaining themselves), but the means they use and the philosophy that motivates their actions differ on many points.

Obviously, he's still young and not too bright, so studying books and developping his people skills will help probably help him understand her better.

CrazyIvan said:
So, in pursuit of this whole Fangs-as-Crowley feeling, I figure she needs to stop in for some chats. Except since she's Fangs, and I haven't been using my Muse-charm nearly enough, she's going to stop by for some chats in people's sleep.
Two bits of information:

- Who needs a boost to a rolled ability in the near future, and what is it?

- What does your character think of Fangs.
Hmm, I see a couple options if Fangs wants to help out Argis. He's bound to be making more bureaucracy rolls to try to organize people and get tasks underway. He's most definitely going to be expressing interest in the young lady from Sanctuary.. that would be socialize I guess, or presence. Other than that, he'll be training people, maybe exploring the jungle a bit more, and practicing his martial arts.

What Argis thinks of Cunning Fangs.. whee! 1. She is hot and intense. In a distant and primal sort of way, but that doesn't lessen the facts there. Argis can handle it, but he'd totally love to take her to a Cynis party all the same (just to see what happens right?). 2. Once past 1... Argis feels like he understands somewhat Fangs's desire to not be a fixture in Cross, but he has also rejected that path for himself so... 3. Argis thinks she is one of the few who really appreciate how dangerous and unforgiving creation can be, and because of that he definitely uses her to guage threats. He looks to her to check the optimism of the Solars, and himself. 4. Demons are squicky and risky, that's what he learned growing up. Seeing the way Fangs positions and chooses to use her demons has been very instructive and done little to change his overall feelings on them, but he respects her for being able to use their power for her gain without compromising her position. The scene with the Agata very much helped him understand the condition of her summons. 5. He feels closer to her than some of the other exalts because of their travels and mutual experiences.

Sorry about the double post. My internet choked while I posted it. Didn't think it got up there. Delete one, please. If you'd be so kind.

No worries.

Deleted.

BTW, I'm moving, and getting internet at home has a low priority.

Expect the obvious consequences.

Malek will add a clause about taking the necessary precautions for protecting the Ring from being given to any other Deathknights, Deathlords, their agents or anyone who is likely to give the ring to them,

Okay so three months just swung by IG time, I'll digest all the food and wine I had this week end during a friend's wedding and then get Malek to work his ass off ASAP.

Pondering Fangs' next moves - I assume she'll be tidying up before leaving for Tirana's.

Any requests? Or requests for assistance with your own?

Well we have two things to protect. Our people in the Cross and the Bloom in Mirunda... unless we take the people to Mirunda, we're going to need to protect them from whatever the Legion will throw at us, so I'd say underground shelters could be a huge plus for us.

Aside from that demons... lots of demons !

We will probably need to split our forces, to protect both, so extra demonic ass kicking is most likely welcome.

Not as good as it used to be if you follow the books... but then we can help them with that now that we have exalted trainers...

Even if they lend 200 unexperienced guys... we'll make true warriors out of them and give what's left back.

We can also leave out the whole solar thing in some of the interactions if we need to. Either way we will be opening up Cross to outside interest. It maybe seems prudent to leave Nexus and teh guild out of it for now?

Yeah.... I'm completely lost to be honest. High level diplomacy and military strategy are beyond my area of expertise.

Do what you do best then, craft craft craft !

We need to master the Bloom and use it as a tactical defense mecanism, maybe Siham can work on that, and we also need loads of weapons, shields and armors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back