[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Mmmh, we left Empire Time and the posting plummeted.

Bad choice on my part.. At the same time, I needed to add some plot features.

I plan to have this move fast, anyway.

Yes, there are a few things that you may or may not discover here, but otherwise don't get too paranoid on your choices.

So, we live in a jungle.. How long does it take to breed up some giant parrots and train them as mounts? Or, should we go with treepards? Spiders? Raptors? We need to start now or we'll never have that unique mounted fighting unit stat block in our future supplement book. :-O

Not too long, as Flicker has a Charm that can bestow Wyld mutations on animals. Just tell her what you want. :P

You may want them to become bigger, because right now most macrofauna has been happily eaten by the Behemoth.

Hmm, good point. Anyone fed the behemoth lately? Who's chore is that?

Oh, uh, and feel free to jump in whenever you want me to stop poking the undead thing... see.. Argis is a DB who we can imagine to have been in his formative years when certain events occured and uh.. yeah.. so.. I may be a wee bit off on my timeline, but either way...

I can imagine an A4 paper with colored magnets on the fridge, with a marker-drawn grid with the chores.

Ascending Fire

Make Money: Argis

Behmoth: Siham

Terrorize Siham: Fangs

Make Overly Convoluted Plans: Malek

Train the Dinos: Flicker

The Widow appeared first in c2s9.

One day later, c2s18, the pact was sealed.

One month later. c3intro, the Thornians arrived.

About a month later, c3s5, the Legion attacked Cross.

Technically the Widow seems to be okay:

she saved the Thornians from the Mask and brought them to us.

Shit hit the fan when right after we signed off on the deal for the Thornians, she tried to negotiate access for Walker's agents to the Library for money to help support the Thornians and we basically told her to fuck off (and she bolted using the many birds spell).

The attack came right after, the Legion hit us with all she had while the Traveller managed to steal the notes.

It is very likely that the Widow's the one who killed her fellow circlemate (the Traveller who had stolen Agatha's notes), so we may have reasons to "trust" her...

It's just... Malek doesn't like her creepy fucking cat ! :D

I'm thinking that when we get the behemoth thing sorted, out, we really should start the process of domesticating tyrant lizards.

...what? C'mon, we're Exalted, people.

LOL, put the DK eggs on steroids....

Uh, can you actually use the mutation charm on the DKs *before* they get enlightened?

Arynne said:
I'm thinking that when we get the behemoth thing sorted, out, we really should start the process of domesticating tyrant lizards.
...what? C'mon, we're Exalted, people.
Only if we can mutate them to have wings and spit fire... but let's keep the tiny stupid arms, they are soooo cute ! :P

Nature Reinforcing Allocation only works on animals; giving people mutations is a different Charm.

...if we don't want T. Rexes, how about a claw strider cavalry? ;)

AFAIK, Flicker could have dino children (or dino beastmen!) herself.

Question is, will Malek be willing to father the children?

Nonsense... and here's the proof !

dino_riders.jpg

Ok, so, she could have killed the dude and been helpful, or.. as argis is suggesting (at least in hypotheticals), she could have merely been the advance scout.

A scout doesn't bring at her own expenses 10 thousands souls rescued from Thorns. Plus we had ample proof that she had visited the Dragon Kings several times and her lunar mate said that deep down she was good... but the hippo lady was a complete moron... although beware not to tell her that, she shook the Dusk too hard and broke him !

Argis would agree with that assessment, but.. the facts could point to other conclusions. That was what he was suggesting to gauge her reaction. She refuses to give up her intentions, but argis thinks that maybe she wants to be good (or in some way is trying to appreciate humanity). Maybe seeing how the people she brought can recover or talking with someone like say, Fangs about her abyssal mate... And, since Argis doesn't have 1st hand knowledge of any of this he was able to try that angle. Seems like she wants to be all secrety though.

Sorry. Just dumping crap into the conversation without checking with you guys OOC. Hopefully she doesn't to get upset.

We haven't played the mate card yet... it's true.

If Flicker wants to play it, it's all hers... but I bet the Widow's not going to like it.

WlfSamurai said:
Sorry. Just dumping crap into the conversation without checking with you guys OOC. Hopefully she doesn't to get upset.
No that makes perfect sense for Rhapsody not to want a DK roaming free around the Thornians... we really don't need the riot !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back