[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

xarvh said:
I don't think I put too many puzzles, with so many variables it would be like asking the players to read my mind.
I see as letting you conquer more and more information until you get a decent picture.
That counts as a puzzle :) You'd be surprised how expansive "I suck at puzzles" can be.

But yeah, hence the erratic shotgun-musing approach to Fangs. I figure it also helps separate what it means to be a clever Lunar and a clever Solar. Though I'm sad my oblique reference to xarvh in Miracle of Life went unnoticed.

"this miserable little scrap of jungle is being toyed with by a detached and malevolent force beyond the reach of any of us who finds this all somehow amusing or compelling"? :P

xarvh said:
I don't think I put too many puzzles, with so many variables it would be like asking the players to read my mind.
I see as letting you conquer more and more information until you get a decent picture.
I like the term, "conquer information"... that sounds awesome ! :D

@cyl: no more tracks and no more survival rolls.

The Traveller is around here.

Yes, I make you fight and struggle for information, "conquer" is very appropriate.

@CrazyIvan: This will teach me to underestimate my player's guile... ^_^

It DID sound strange the first time I read it, but I fear sometimes my mind does not work as it should, as cyl can attest, and I lose details.

Thanks to Arynne for pointing it out. ^_^

ROTFL.

Well delivered.

I take it as a compliment and yes, I find it amusing and compelling. =D

Oh yeah, detached and malevolent force who finds this all somehow amusing or compelling totally fits the profile, I can attest ! :D

cyl said:
Oh yeah, detached and malevolent force who finds this all somehow amusing or compelling totally fits the profile, I can attest ! :D
:P :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

In other news, captmadjaq, you are welcome in both scenes 22 and 23.

I'll be visiting the "corner of death" this week end... Ayacucho, birthplace of Peru's independence and also former homebase of the Shining Path narco terrorist movement... I... am not sure if I'll make it out alive, but if I do I should be home by monday :D

xarvh said:
:P :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
In other news, captmadjaq, you are welcome in both scenes 22 and 23.
Did you want me to post in both, or just pick one? I didn't spot a post of someone coming to get Rhapsody...Not that I don't want to come. I just shouldn't make a post full of assumptions again.

Zero, one or both, up to you.

We assume that if you are in the town the others will tell you what's going on.

I kinda have the feeling that the ST is waiting on us to enter a windmill... possibly to blow it up along with those within... :rolleyes:

cyl said:
I kinda have the feeling that the ST is waiting on us to enter a windmill... possibly to blow it up along with those within... :rolleyes:
Did I point out already that the windmills are made of heavy stone, which would certainly deal a lot of damage should anyone bring them to collapse with, say, well-placed explosive charges...

Also, why am I telling you this..?

EDIT: I noted Walker's Stealth suxx, but the situation does not change.

It appears that he's waiting for you.

I will assume that Walker reached the same wall as Flicker and Malek.

"Revelations" has been down for some 10 days.

It seems that my attempt to recover half of the party failed miserably.

If you have any feedback, this is the time to give it, otherwise I don't see EotFS lasting much longer (which would be ok, 5000+ posts we can close it with pride).

<cue monty python voice> "I'm not dead yet."

I mean, I'm still interested, but yeah it seems to be a bit slow. Maybe people wanted to finish scene 22 first? idk... :-/ I can just have Argis keep exploring or something?

So, some feedbacks:

Huge complex world is awesome (even if it is just our little corner of creation it still seems like there is a lot to play with)

- works well with the large group to give lots of scenes

- with fewer active scenes currently there is way more to do than we can fit in (realistic, but maybe overwhelming at times when you realize all the stuff we aren't doing)

Serious consequences mode is nice to see. I like the lack of action having direct impact not just the actions you take. I think if I did it again I might go with a celestial exalt, though by no means as a detriment to Argis, because I enjoy him and love the potential I think he has, but that I feel it is hard to get in the face of a celestial exalt a bit. As shown in our last group discussion. Even though we managed to prevent running off and immediately using the weapon, we got so focused on it that the rest of the group is now focused completely on the issue of the mold or the notes rather than a number of other potential big deal issues. Just an observation, not really a complaint as the power dynamic is one of the parts of it.

I think I would like to see a little more of the gritty nation building parts, but I'm not sure how best that would be approached. Things like actually establishing organizations and dealing with the necessities. We still don't have any real plan for the people in the long run. We've built a town and cobbled on ten fold refugees, but we don't have a sustainable way to feed them yet. Elementals are being used day in and day out just to keep up with sanitation (by the way, have fun with the kick back from the elemental courts on that one). Argis as a character would much rather spend time working on those sorts of issues, though as a player I've been having fun with the stuff I'm doing.

I'm looking forward to trying to pull Rhapsody in and exercising the compassion dots, too. :)

Sorry. Went through an absolutely shit month at work, hence my less regular presence here. The whole figuring out the moss and fungus thing requires my brain to work at top efficiency, meaning I had trouble finding times when I was both free and cerebraly functional.

@Feantari:

Yes, there is more to do than we can fit in.

A bit of this is by design.

I want you to give priorities and move in your own direction.

A bit of this is a problem that comes from the constraints of RPing and of PBP.

Especially because, while all our characters are very versatile, it's just difficult to provide challenges for everyone at the same time.

Regarding serious consequences... There are no true heroes if there is no real chance to fail.

2.5 left DBs seriously behind, which makes kinda sense setting-wise, but disrupts the balance of mixed games.

*) Take the "Extra Favoured Ability" Merit twice.

*) Out-of-aspect charm mote surcharge does NOT apply anymore.

*) DBs can flurry different Simple Charms together.

Won't change the balance too much, but should give you some options while keeping the flavour.

If we manage to finish the chapter, there will be some uneventful time where you can dedicate more to the city.

@Arynne:

Thanks. ^_^

I am not giving up, but I want this game to run smoothly.

If people, for various reasons, feel they've better step back, I want them to be able to do it gracefully.

If others have things they don't like, or things that could help them enjoy the game more, I want to make it easy for them to say so.

And you know, since I haven't muh to post IC, I though I'd made some OOC fuss. ^_^

@Midboss:

Sorry for that.

And yes, I understand those long parts of the day where the brain just doesn't work. That's when I post in EotFS.

Of course Siham knows what a Solar Thunder is.

It's mentioned in the Core, pag 94.

Yeah, I've just been dragging at work and it's meant things like not checking any games what so ever. I'm still interested, and will try to check more - I'm just somewhat stuck in the current plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back