[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

No low profiles mounts are snacks for them, the nasty bastards run in packs, they take big ass yeddims down when they're hungry.

What about Mirunda ?!

We can't let the Bloom be destroyed there (regardless of future plans to sprinkle magic shroom dust that heal the land).

Uh, a small note.

The Bloom is mostly a fungus but has tissues derived from those of the Behemoth, which instead is a plant.

Holy crap ! Just after writing my last post, I think I have a theory on the fungus's function.

Lets go through the facts:

- It's powered by abyssal essence.

- It's capable of sentience

- It was created by a first age solar.

Now what the hell could a sentient fungus powered by abyssal essence be used for ?

How about immortality ? Maybe the ghosts aren't being destroyed by the fungus. Maybe they are "intergrated" in the fungus and become partof it ? I can see two functions for that. Either Agatha was planning, on her death, to "upload" her ghost in the fungus, or she was hoping for humanity to do so, making their minds immortal inside the fungus.

Any opinions on this theory ?

Wow that furiously looks like the plot for the Cloid thing in the manga Eden; It's an endless world but there are two holes in your theory:

- human souls are already immortal and they normally follow the path or reincarnation

- solars can upload a human soul into an construct and make a specific mind immortal

However it could be posited that the fungus dissolving the death essence was designed to be a solution for the shadowland & ghost problem.

We cannot actually verify this by any mean, but considering its nature and the way it turns shadowland back into Creation land, it is quite possible that a ghost returns to Lethe if destroyed by the Bloom.

But it's very atypical for a solar from the first age to want to patch up Creation in this fashion...

Midboss said:
Holy crap ! Just after writing my last post, I think I have a theory on the fungus's function.
Lets go through the facts:

- It's powered by abyssal essence.

- It's capable of sentience

- It was created by a first age solar.

Now what the hell could a sentient fungus powered by abyssal essence be used for ?

How about immortality ? Maybe the ghosts aren't being destroyed by the fungus. Maybe they are "intergrated" in the fungus and become partof it ? I can see two functions for that. Either Agatha was planning, on her death, to "upload" her ghost in the fungus, or she was hoping for humanity to do so, making their minds immortal inside the fungus.

Any opinions on this theory ?
Definite possibility. It's consistent with the fungus triggering spores upon sensing the necrotic essence with the intent to feed/breed rather than rawr destroy. Would it also trigger on just a dead person or does it have to interact with ghosts/undead? What are the implications of that?

IIRC the mold came from a Mirudian corpse... it's something that most likely has been dormant in the area for thousands of year and just got woken up by the Legion's attack.

cyl said:
IIRC the mold came from a Mirudian corpse... it's something that most likely has been dormant in the area for thousands of year and just got woken up by the Legion's attack.
Perhaps, perhaps not. What if it was just the shadowland that supercharged this fungus into this more active state? Who's to say it hadn't been growing underground or something for a long time, absorbing the whatever of the dead? Just offering a chance to expand the box here. DA is my prefered role. :-P

Feantari said:
Perhaps, perhaps not. What if it was just the shadowland that supercharged this fungus into this more active state? Who's to say it hadn't been growing underground or something for a long time, absorbing the whatever of the dead? Just offering a chance to expand the box here. DA is my prefered role. :P
I assume we would have seen some strange gray mold in our graveyards if it was indeed already present in Mirunda.

It's the presence of necrotic essence that targets a reaction in the Bloom IMHO.

First the hungry ghosts came in mirunda, then there were the zombies, and then the shadowland.

When Melia and Rhapsody were in Mirunda, there was no more shadowland and the Bloom was flourishing, and it tore a nemissary and his host to shreds when it detected it.

The specimen also attacked Walker in the Cross when it detected it.

The fascinating thing about it is that it doesn't just destroy the necrotic essence, it seems to literally dissolve it.

Well you ain't going to find answers about its origin here apparently, the deathknight took them from the Library, you'd have to go to Mirunda. ;)

I think Lytek is the first canon character appearing in the game, if we discount the Walker and the Mask. oO

BTW, I reread the stuff I wrote and it may give the wrong impression.

Godly Matters is not there to show how badass Keyneya can be (she's not) but rather to make a couple of points in the story.

Xarvh...feel free to render Flicker unconscious. I may not be able to post further tonight, as I'm dealing with a crisis involving my landlord putting all my stuff out in trash bags on the sidewalk. :confused:

Arynne said:
Xarvh...feel free to render Flicker unconscious. I may not be able to post further tonight, as I'm dealing with a crisis involving my landlord putting all my stuff out in trash bags on the sidewalk. :confused:
Remind him who's the Full Moon here ;)

I think I'm going to forget everything else than training in Mantis Style and getting Big K to like me the most in our happy psycho crazy family... if you have to pick a mentor, pick one that can move the whole universe within a breath just to look cool ! :cool:

I'm worried about being the "second time" though... the first might still be around and I'm not sure if I wanna meet him.:eek:

@Arynne: Wow... O_O

Surely we lead interesting RL among all of us.

I do wonder about the insane people behind the forum avatars... Uh, and their evil landlords. oO

Or evil kids or moms-in-law...

Hold tight Arynne, we're with you.

And yes, Flicker will go unconscious for a few posts.

Ok guys, the game is really becoming too complex for me to handle it, so I will recruit some enthusiastic players to handle a few major NPCs for me.

No, no worries, none is going to play Big K! ^_^

However, this does mean that most of your foes will be allowed to stunt much more than as NPCs.

I will let the new players some liberty in adjusting their characters to the way they want to play them, but I hope that the overall theme of each character will be maintained.

I contacted a few people so far and these are the ones that expressed definite interest:

Flagg: Peaceful Wave, Shiana

JayTee: Widow of Seven Nations

Wuming: Celebrant, Peaceful Wave

Jakk Bey: Legion

Vanman: a sanctuary beastman DB

Lochar: unknown Broken Circle member or Legion

Cthulhu_Wakes: Didee, Widow of Seven Nations

Incendius: unknown Broken Circle member, Peaceful Wave

Jukashi: Wo7N's Lunar Mate

Chaka: Tirana! (I'm *sooooo* tempted to tell him yes...)

Ker'ion: unknown Wyld Hunt (DB or Siddie)

I'll try to accommodate all of them, but only if I am 100% sure that it won't impact the game negatively.

I'll keep you posted these days on who gets too do what.

If I may, I am not sure that this would be a proper solution.

While the idea of having guest stars in this game is pretty awesome :cool:, it may become rapidly frustrating for the players handling the NPCs not to actually play.

The ones I know in the pool you handpicked are excellent players & STs and they will bring tons of fun to the game.

But in the end I fear it will give you more work because they will surely want to do stuff on their own and you'll have to read through everything that's been going on to keep up and keep track of what's been said and done.

Why not consider recruiting an assistant ST instead ?!

Someone who's always lurking around, who you can catch via chat regularly to get your stories straight and who knows the game / commits to reading all the past scenes and dominating the universe and NPCs we have created so far...

That's starting to sound like me :eek:

If you both agree that he'll basically be your assistant working under your direction while having some creative freedom to handle his scenes... you could even bring in more players and handle more "work" together... and let this game become the most awesome exalted pbp experience one can ever hope to reach in a lifetime ! :D

My two cents...

Kinda, been managing a family owned tour operator for the past 5 years... so I've spent some serious IRL xp in management / directing work flow / handling priorities and logistics... and hating every second of it. :D

Plus, I'm da eclipse now... might as well try to become lord of the pitch !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back