[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I scored 9 successes Xarvh! So! How much willpower are they going to need to spend to resist the happiness of the song and feel hope again! And what did you think of combo-ing without xp spending or wp spending?

Oh, and can I have mastery of small manners? I have a quasi interesting idea for it.

And who told you that they are not feeling hope?

But if you think you are about to resolve years of horror with a single roll, you are mistaken.

Ok, I didn't announce it formally, but here it is:

From NOW on, EotFS IS OFFICIALLY USING 2.5

If you have questions about how this affects your character, write here or pm me.

This said, if you meet all requirements and think that having MoSM would really really do for a cool stunt, I can ignore the training time as a very special pledge.

Changes don't affect my character sheet. Some effects changed and my anima power is completly different, but beyond that.

I would like to 'unlock' some new systems on the Warstrider, most notably a flight system and a Essence weapon of some sort. How many points of xp will that cost? The usual 3 points per dot of background or something different?

I was looking at getting a Fire Lance (Cost of 3) and activating the flight systems (Cost also at 3) to take up my banked xp. That will give me additional movement options and a ranged attack.

You still need a magitech lab.

Right now even if you had the artifacts already, you wouldn't even be able to repair them.

I'm looking at spending 18 xp on getting these items; cant you cut me a little slack on being able to use the 'strider? Say, they were there all along, but the systems were never fully activated by the novice pilot?

Well aside from loosing the P tag on mah weapons, I don't think it changes too much stuff for Malek...

My plans seem to have enveloped my free time (aka work sucks). I swear I'm going to read the errata document at some point, but could someone give me the lowdown on what changes are most pertinent for our resident abyssal?

Sherwood said:
I'm looking at spending 18 xp on getting these items; cant you cut me a little slack on being able to use the 'strider? Say, they were there all along, but the systems were never fully activated by the novice pilot?
Sorry Sher, that's the price of your toy, and I intend to make you work for it.

But I gave you guys a bit of help, for the curious among you...

@Norts: you don't pay XPs or WPs for combos, P tag simply removes 4 from armor, every anima effect changes but night and eclipse, perfect defenses cost double motes, and artifact bonuses don't stack.

xarvh said:
And who told you that they are not feeling hope?
But if you think you are about to resolve years of horror with a single roll, you are mistaken.
Of course not! Well, a little. I mean, she is exalted and got a pretty impressive roll which should shed some light into those gloomy souls. So, for those in earshot to resist how much WP would they need to blow? 2.5 improves social combat a smidge. Nothing worthy of celebration, but it does make it a little harder to resist good rolls.

Between the roller, the sanxian, and charms it should be about 11 successes.

When they say artifact bonuses don't stack, are they talking about same type bonuses(like soeed reduction) or all artifacts can no longer combine separate effects.

From what I understood, if two artifacts give the same type of bonus, they do not stack anymore and you use the larger.

Ex: jade weapon + jade bracers now only gives -1 speed instead of -2

However I don't know if the same applies for stacking effects from artifacts / gems...

Speed reduction.

I'd say that Artifact + Heartstone stack.

Because piling bonuses is just fun.

Busy period, may take me a while to update.

Norts said:
When they say artifact bonuses don't stack, are they talking about same type bonuses(like soeed reduction) or all artifacts can no longer combine separate effects.
The former. If you have two artifacts (and hearthstones?) for one kind of ability, like speed reduction, it doesn't stack. Instead you take the best score and use that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back