[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

cyl said:
We know it works against the undead (nemissary kaboom), the abyssal (attacked Walker twice) and A shadowland (Mirunda)... and it attacked Walker again outside of Mirunda.
If there was any doubt about its power being limited to a location... now there's none.
I didn't say location. I said shadowlands.

You're presuming it works generalizably against Shadowlands - and specifically WITD's shadowland. We've got no evidence of that - especially not given the uniqueness of said shadowland.

It "works" against an Abyssal in that it tries to attack. It should be noted that it hasn't successfully done anything to Walker. Which implies, more accurately, that it doesn't work. Which, given the Agtha Hypothesis, makes sense - its an artificial organism that was created when "A corrupted Solar shard" as its target was an unthinkable prospect.

That's the worst case scenario. You're equating "deploys" with "works". We haven't established that. I'd argue in Walkers case, unless our ST is a super-jerk (and he's not) we've actually shown the opposite.

So yeah, it'll deploy when you take it up against WITD. But that's not what you need. You need it to work. Otherwise it's only effect is to make you look slightly more foolish when you die.

It works fast against the undead and is a long term solution for the shadowlands (even if we don't know if it poses a threat or not).

Deprive a Deathlord's of those two... what does he have ?

Mortals, Deathknights and Necromancy spells... we have a better shot at handling those rather than him and his armies at their full might.

Also... WITD's realm isn't his only shadowland, it's where his citadel is, but he has other locations we could target, Karroth Vlan for example.

Even if the Bloom takes months to gnaw at the shadowland, it's still better than nothing.

cyl said:
Even if the Bloom takes months to gnaw at the shadowland, it's still better than nothing.
It could be nothing. Fangs' shield can burn the spores away - who is to say his realm's aura can't do similarly?

I get Malek's thing, but Fangs cannot, and will not, revel in rash ignorance. Especially not if its something that's attacked Walker. I was briefly considering a far more...robust response to that attack, but am opposed to collateral damage.

It burned some of the spores... plus IIRC the Curse only affects hoomans, but still being a shadowland, not many vegetation would grow.

But this mushroom has been designed to grow in such environment and turn it on itself.

Anyhoo...

1- Track the Traveler down: who's up ?

2- Study the Bloom in The Cross: Siham / Fangs

3- go to Mirunda and protect the Bloom: who's up ?

Later today I'll put up the tracking scene and the lab scene.

@Siham: in the lab scene each of your posts will contain a diagnostic procedure or an experiment you will do, plus a roll of Int + lowest of Craft/Investigation.

Each time I will give you info according to the roll and the experiment.

Some info will get delayed because, as we said, Genesis takes time.

Remember that the operations you do must be compatible with an genesis lab in shambles.

None said it was easy, so stunt hard: it appears that the party rests on the info Siham can get.

xarvh said:
Later today I'll put up the tracking scene and the lab scene.
@Siham: in the lab scene each of your posts will contain a diagnostic procedure or an experiment you will do, plus a roll of Int + lowest of Craft/Investigation.

Each time I will give you info according to the roll and the experiment.

Some info will get delayed because, as we said, Genesis takes time.

Remember that the operations you do must be compatible with an genesis lab in shambles.

None said it was easy, so stunt hard: it appears that the party rests on the info Siham can get.
Don't forget to take naps. They'll be important.

I'll be there to attempt to enhance your oaktapus efficiency! :D Assuming any of them are surviving.. :-/ Also maybe do up some investigation of the crime scene or if possible just aid with your rolls or some such.

New scenes are up.

Let me know if we need other scenes.

I left the discussion scene open, in case you want to continue it.

@Captmadjaq: in this case you just post directly in the scene where you want Rhapsody to be.

I'm so behind!! Catching up at the speed of, well, as fast as I can read and comprehend. I look away for two days, and everything explodes!

A solution comes to mind: since Malek will be an Eclipse in the near future (I'm guessing he's not at the moment)...

If we get those notes back and kill the Traveler I may try to establish a peace between Walker and us on the condition that we do not use the Bloom against him and his lands if him and his people do not interfere in any way in our affairs anymore.

Errr, that can backfire on us.... really backfire.

If we do that, then we can be sure he'll do something that will make/force us to brake the agreement and screw us over. I know how these evil overlords roll.

That can buy us time... right now, apart from getting the fuck out of dodge, I don't know how we can handle the situation without an open war with Walker.

He wanted the notes and got to them, he clearly wanted the Library gone and if not for Siham he'd have succeeded... as long as we have the notes and the Library still stands he'll keep coming after us IMHO, especially after we kill one of his knights.

As bad as the Bloom could get for Creation, its existence for the Deathlord is a permanent threat (entire shadowlands closed and his ghosts reduced to ashes).

If we maintain that threat alive through our actions (getting the notes back / protecting the Bloom), I don't know how long we'll have before he comes at us with the big guns...

But, we're not alone in the world... we can get some serious back up with Tirana- the autobots - Great Forks - mercs from the Guild, if we play our cards right.

Hmm. I suppose Walker can join the lab group as a guinea pig. Or I'll just say he's in the forge, crafting weapons and armor for those future soldiers.

Well, I'd suggest you come with us and go after the Traveler... your connection with the Neverborn could be useful to find the bastard.

I was going to see if the medicine charm I picked up could do anything for you in Closing the Circle, but best to get away from the spores first.

cyl said:
I'm not saying "let's not study it", I'm saying "let's use it as long as it still can be a weapon".
And you're right. An advantage is given to you and it would be silly not to use it. Rhapsody's point is to discover ways of weaponizing it for a greater impact. But that will take time, which you may not have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back