[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Arynne said:
Not if you bathe in rainwater collected the day of a funeral and mingled with the tears of widows and orphans.
Woooow!!! You are right.

That would totally please the Neverborn.

But now I wonder what the Abyssals use as toothpaste... oO

captmadjaq said:
Dangerous game putting that on Fangs. And of course Rhapsody will take Melia's side! Malek is already looking like a bad big brother brushing her off like that.
A dangerous game indeed.

xarvh said:
Also, guys, is there any Sidereal MA that's actually not fucked up?
I've never seen someone really abuse Sapphire Veil of Passion. I have a character where I'm *trying* to figure out how to abuse it, but haven't had a chance yet.

xarvh said:
Woooow!!! You are right.
That would totally please the Neverborn.

But now I wonder what the Abyssals use as toothpaste... oO
Dust from the marble of fallen temples, mixed to a paste with holy water blessed by a priest who has lost their faith. Ever so slightly abrasive ;)

Arynne said:
Well...nothing says Melia couldn't have fantasized in detail about Walker, until either she or Rhapsody confused fantasy with reality...
Or she could have been talking about other physical characteristics and extrapolating. You know what they say about guys who are really pale...

Hmm no I'm sorry

I forgot a rather important point... Walker's realm is famous for being cursed !

No human can survive there, so if the Bloom can survive it (and that's a big if), only his knights will be able to do a thing about it (and not for a long time as the curse affects them too)... and we can take them out from a distance.

WITD already declared war on us when he unleashed the Legion and the Traveller... I say it's time to strike back without wasting time.

We're doing this as a Circle, so every vote count... but I'm sure the situation will not need to call for a vote.

We all agree on the necessity of finding the notes and taking them back anyway.

FWIW Argis doesn't disagree with you about the possibilities. He just thinks you are being overly nonchalant and irresponsible about your considerations. If you aren't running out the door now, Siham at least has a couple hours to look at this thing, and both he and Argis should probably make sure Walker is ok after the face full of spores.

Oh no I'm not leaving until we've decide what has to be done.

We're at the think tank phase.

But we gotta move fast on several fronts.

1- The Traveller & the notes

2- Mirunda: getting there and protecting the Bloom

3- The Cross and the Library: protecting it, we're expecting serious blowback

4- Preemptive strike against Walker's dominion and forces

I think we need a quick recap about everything we know about the Library and the behemoth.

Something in the timeline bothers me.

My hypothesis is the Bloom was either dormant in Mirunda for thousands of years (mold form feeding on whatever dead energy it could find) OR somebody placed it after the attack of the Legion (which would explain why it didn't activate on the first night after the attack)

We know WITD was somehow already aware of it at the time when the bloom was still in the mold phase (The Widow came after Walker and I got back from Mirunda and he had the parasite on him).

Months pass by and it reaches the mushroom phase as it grows and devours the shadowland.

Most likely since the job is done, it will come back to its dormant form.

But I'm afraid there could be a connection with the Behemoth... both parasitic lifeforms eating away at stuff...

It's not really a think tank phase if you phrase every post as some sort of social attack/campaign, maybe it is the be really excited about news phase? In any case, probably is best to actually wait until Norts has a chance to react to this all. :-P

Yeah well, you gotta understand Malek... WITD & his knights really screwed up a lot of things for him and apparently plan to continue.

Give him a chance to return the favor, he'll do anything to get his payback.

Uh, a note.

There is no way that you will understand whether the Bloom is dangerous or not in two hours.

A ridiculous science stunt could maybe give you a hint of that but no more.

Genesis needs its times.

Yeah. This is going to require lab work. I recommend not spreading all other the place until we know how it works, connects to the behemoth, if it has some horrible secondary effects....

You know, how many B horror movies started with the "lets spread this miraculous new genetically modified thing" ?

Ok.

I think Chapter 4 will have to wait for a good while.

Shall I open a scene for the hunting party and a scene for Siham?

Any third party?

Hmmm, thinking in post here...

I want to see about "healing" Walker if we can step away from the spores for long enough, I can spend the extra essence to make it go quickly so it could happen in the current scene or start of the next.

Argis could organize a quick survey of the surroundings to help figure out if we plan to relocate in chapter 4.

Argis could help Siham potentially, no craft skill, but he has medicine and could be an extra set of hands if that sort of thing is useful.

Argis could assess the trade materials on hand an get that wrapped up.

Argis could join a group planning the sentry system/short term defenses.

Argis could go hang out in the woods with Shiana is Fangs makes the trip to sanctuary.

So in review either going with Siham if that's cool or a scene to do some surveying/scouting?

I really do not understand why you would be concerned by the side effects from the Bloom at this precise moment.

It is already out there in Mirunda, and now in The Cross, for all we know if it wants to spread, it may already have, we can't do anything about that now. Pandora's box has been opened for months now.

I agree that sprinkling spores all over Creation is a bad idea, but we can't do much more harm that hasn't already been done using it at least against Walker in the Darkness's positions.

Feantari said:
It's not really a think tank phase if you phrase every post as some sort of social attack/campaign, maybe it is the be really excited about news phase? In any case, probably is best to actually wait until Norts has a chance to react to this all. :P
Yeah, it's really not a "think tank phase" when Malek's stance seems to be to slather spores all over everything and run straight at Walker.

xarvh said:
Uh, a note.
There is no way that you will understand whether the Bloom is dangerous or not in two hours.

A ridiculous science stunt could maybe give you a hint of that but no more.

Genesis needs its times.
Indeed.

Midboss said:
Yeah. This is going to require lab work. I recommend not spreading all other the place until we know how it works, connects to the behemoth, if it has some horrible secondary effects....
You know, how many B horror movies started with the "lets spread this miraculous new genetically modified thing" ?
Indeed.

xarvh said:
Shall I open a scene for the hunting party and a scene for Siham?

Any third party?
Cunning Fangs will help Siham. She's got the same level of raw smart, and a handy charm to help Siham think better.

Feantari said:
Argis could go hang out in the woods with Shiana is Fangs makes the trip to sanctuary.
That may be put on hold. Fangs would be happy to use Infallible Messenger to help Argis however.

cyl said:
I really do not understand why you would be concerned by the side effects from the Bloom at this precise moment.
It is already out there in Mirunda, and now in The Cross, for all we know if it wants to spread, it may already have, we can't do anything about that now. Pandora's box has been opened for months now.
Because it just attacked Walker.

Beyond that - as Fangs has said IC - there's a vast difference between Pandora's box having its lid fall off, and smashing it with a hammer - especially an Essence powered hammer. A knife is dangerous. A knife in the hands of a Solar? That can get whole cities killed. It's also only been used in isolated, abandoned areas like Mirunda so far. Some of us are talking about dropping it on Thorns. And drawing the attention of Lookshy.

And they call Fangs reckless ;)

cyl said:
But I'm afraid there could be a connection with the Behemoth... both parasitic lifeforms eating away at stuff...
If we're going with Siham's Agtha Hypothesis, both parasitic lifeforms that have been lying dormant for centuries, one of which was grotesquely corrupted at one point, both designed by a First Age Twilight of unknown morals or sanity.

As far as Fangs is concerned, the probability of its being a goddamned trap are as high, if not higher, than the probability of it being Push Button, Defeat Deathlords.

Oh, no, I think Malek has been pretty well established as paramount in the reckless role so far.

CrazyIvan said:
That may be put on hold. Fangs would be happy to use Infallible Messenger to help Argis however.
Yeah, on hold was somewhat assumed, was just thinking out loud. I imagine that's something more for the chapter 4 montage type stuff or something. idk

CrazyIvan said:
If we're going with Siham's Agtha Hypothesis, both parasitic lifeforms that have been lying dormant for centuries, one of which was grotesquely corrupted at one point, both designed by a First Age Twilight of unknown morals or sanity.
As far as Fangs is concerned, the probability of its being a goddamned trap are as high, if not higher, than the probability of it being Push Button, Defeat Deathlords.
I absolutely agree, hence my post.

But we can't do anything about risks of a supposed contamination... it's already, and I really can't stress this enough, too late for that.

Melia and Rhapsody dragged the Bloom from Mirunda to The Cross on foot... so I'd say if there was indeed a risk, the area is pretty much in the red zone already.

I am certain that it is not a Push Button, Defeat Deathlords solution, but consider the situation.

- the land is already at risk

- we know it works against shadowland

- WITD has the notes and if we don't get them back god knows what he'll do with them

- WITD attacked us already proving to be openly hostile

Worst case scenario: the Bloom is a risk. We deploy the Bloom on Walker's positions and have to fight it on another fronts later, but we can consider our dominion already contaminated at that point.

I'm not saying "let's not study it", I'm saying "let's use it as long as it still can be a weapon".

Feantari said:
Oh, no, I think Malek has been pretty well established as paramount in the reckless role so far.
No Malek is angry.

Malek has lost his hometown because of WITD, and a lot of people died recently again because of him... his virtue flaw is Red Rage of Compassion, and he REALLY wants to fight back.

cyl said:
I absolutely agree, hence my post.
But we can't do anything about risks of a supposed contamination... it's already, and I really can't stress this enough, too late for that.

Melia and Rhapsody dragged the Bloom from Mirunda to The Cross on foot... so I'd say if there was indeed a risk, the area is pretty much in the red zone already.
I work with microbial contamination for a living. There's contamination, and then there's contamination. There was just a discussion about spreading it by air. And using it against Thorns. Right now, its in the jungle, and a couple shitty little towns that wouldn't even draw a geographers attention if they got wiped off the map.

I am certain that it is not a Push Button, Defeat Deathlords solution, but consider the situation.
- the land is already at risk

- we know it works against shadowland

- WITD has the notes and if we don't get them back god knows what he'll do with them

- WITD attacked us already proving to be openly hostile

Worst case scenario: the Bloom is a risk. We deploy the Bloom on Walker's positions and have to fight it on another fronts later, but we can consider our dominion already contaminated at that point.

I'm not saying "let's not study it", I'm saying "let's use it as long as it still can be a weapon".
We know it works against a shadowland. Inductive reasoning is fail. Especially when talking about the Walker's shadowland, and its particular anti-organics quirks.

And no, the worst case scenario is the Bloom is a risk. We deploy the Bloom on Walker's position and are slaughtered for our trouble when the "weapon" we don't really understand fails to deliver on a promise it never made.

We know it works against the undead (nemissary kaboom), the abyssal (attacked Walker twice) and A shadowland (Mirunda)... and it attacked Walker again outside of Mirunda.

If there was any doubt about its power being limited to a location... now there's none.

The Walker sent only two deathknights for the Notes (most likely his most pressing concern) nothing says he won't be preparing a full scale attack on The Cross soon just because the Library is still intact and we have access to it (we're still a risk for him because we could engineer another version of the Bloom using the Library).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back