[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Exalted 2.5... simple fix for perfect defense spamming paranoia... double the mote cost ! :eek:

Shaaaaaame on you ! :mad:

If you wonder where the Bloom comes from (I wish otherwise, but's not an original idea of mine) you may want to play Star Control 2, or its awesome and free spin off: http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

Also, can airships actually fly well far from the North?

I was under the impression that there was no restrictions on where the airships could go. Heck, with the Ritual of Elemental Empowerment we can make our own airships that are lighter, tougher, and with cargo spaces that can change shape to whatever we need it to be, and airbags that fix themselves. Add a few elementals to keep the airbags inflated with hot air, and we are golden.

And also DOOOOOONG...

Did you hear that... that was the end of the combo !

Now it's free for all :twisted:

2.5 is a mixture of some nerfing and some good fixes. The Zenith anima power became very nerfed. But now that I think about it, why would they have that anima power? I mean, what CoD's were there before they started knocking Primordials around?

Well, the lift in a hot-air balloon depends on the contrast between the heated air in the balloon and the cold air outside, so I can see why the North would be an easier location. But I would think the main obstacle to building mundane airships would be the lack of fuel. Where are we going to get the kerosene?

Of course, if they're going to be powered by elementals or Essence engines, that's another matter entirely...

cyl said:
And also DOOOOOONG...
Did you hear that... that was the end of the combo !

Now it's free for all :twisted:
Which means Relentless Lunar Fury will need rewriting in a big way...

Perhaps easier, but definetely not cooler. I did this in a tabletop game a while back. We had parts of the airship that weighed only 15% of normal, other parts hardened up with extra armor, a cargo space that could be reformed into extra rooms instead of open space, and a airbag that repaired its own damage. The only hard part was getting an engine to power the thing, but our Twilight was able to craft one that was a coal burner, and we later upgraded to an Essence engine that requred a few hearthstones.

captmadjaq said:
2.5 is a mixture of some nerfing and some good fixes. The Zenith anima power became very nerfed. But now that I think about it, why would they have that anima power? I mean, what CoD's were there before they started knocking Primordials around?
It ain't nerfing... it's taking us 10 years back...

Sherwood said:
Perhaps easier, but definetely not cooler. I did this in a tabletop game a while back. We had parts of the airship that weighed only 15% of normal, other parts hardened up with extra armor, a cargo space that could be reformed into extra rooms instead of open space, and a airbag that repaired its own damage. The only hard part was getting an engine to power the thing, but our Twilight was able to craft one that was a coal burner, and we later upgraded to an Essence engine that requred a few hearthstones.
Landship, laaaaandship !

Faster, cooler, easier to handle, no troubles with weather rain or thunder !

Trust a Solar to think only in two dimensions. You need a good Lunar with a bird totem [like me] to help you out. :D

I am nerfing your XPs so that we'll keep the dice down.

Rolling 30 dice of stuff will be a pain in the ass.

Also, yeah, we'll probably keep vanilla and adopt 2.5.

Xarvh,

There's no text to suggest that airships don't work well out of the North. There's just profoundly no need for them, and the folks who have the capacity to build a meaningful fleet (the Realm and Lookshy...) have better.

Arynne said:
Well, the lift in a hot-air balloon depends on the contrast between the heated air in the balloon and the cold air outside, so I can see why the North would be an easier location. But I would think the main obstacle to building mundane airships would be the lack of fuel. Where are we going to get the kerosene?
Of course, if they're going to be powered by elementals or Essence engines, that's another matter entirely...
This is Exalted m'dear. Bound Elementals, Essence engines, and all the like.

Sherwood said:
There was also Wind's ;)

cyl said:
Landship, laaaaandship !
Faster, cooler, easier to handle, no troubles with weather rain or thunder !
Apt to crash when someone puts up a wall or thick chain.

On the dice thing - never met an in-forum dice roller I've liked, and this one looks like it won't buck that trend. And Exalted without monstrous amounts of dice isn't Exalted. Our current XP gain rate isn't exactly bonkers as it is, considering how long this game has been running.

cyl said:
The Earth's Bones can also build roads... and is also a bit more "discrete"... but it's a huuuge task.
Fangs: "No."

In other news, waiting to find out if the Library gets detonated before I go and spend XP based on plundering the Library's spellbooks.

Just a quick and silly question, but what is the fallout of the attack towards our relations with the autochtoninans ? Heck, have any of the visiting party survived ?

If that didn't stop us from getting in... somebody else could have... and did.

We have been careless about that (and I include myself in the lot, I could have thought about it too).

We need to have an overview on things and deal with priorities, the ST doesn't bake cake in this game... our enemies will exploit every weakness we have.We need to cover our asses way better than that.

Also, we could get at least a chance to hunt the bastard down.

Alone in the jungles, it's not like he could have disappeared without a trace.

Man we really really need Melia and Rhapsody to get to Cross soon. The fungus discovery is huge, as are many other things (like oh hey guys Mirunda isn't a SL anymore). Just think if we introduce that mold on the edge of The Walker's shadowland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back