[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Feantari said:
Hmm, double checked it. It looks like that only applies to Solars, Abyssals, and Infernals.
I don't give a shit.

Stop being so childish.

You are going to pay stuff like everyone else! :mrgreen:

Also, for all Lunars: I need you to define now your Mate and write it down on your sheet.

I think the pairing was something like River+Siham, CunningFangs+Walker and JoyousDove+Malek.

Choose what you want, but write it down now.

So noted.

I marked down Siham as my Solar on my character sheet as directed, along with the Solar Bond background at a level 3 as was discussed earlier.

Are we waiting for a post from me in the fight, or is there just a pause in the action? I don't want to hold things up if you're waiting for me.

Yup.

Sherwood, you are ok, we are waiting for Zoronos.

Fuck my connection sucks again.

Yeah, you're waiting on me, I apologize. I am actually here; but as I posted, I didn't really know what to have Callen do.

Anyway, I'm just going to go ahead and withdraw from the game, sorry.

Best of luck guys, hope you all have fun and kill some immaculates. Thanks for giving the opportunity to play Xarvh.

Well, it was good to have you in the game while it lasted. :cry:

Cyl, please go ahead and post.

Zoronos said:
Anyway, I'm just going to go ahead and withdraw from the game, sorry.
WUT?!

If it's nothing personal, I would genuinely appreciate if you could tell me why.

Nah I expected him to fall and get up on his action, but I made him waste some time, and that's we need right now :mrgreen:

It was more of a "don't fuck with me" move :mrgreen:

Question: is the strider still in reach of my 24yrds jumping area after his rocket jump ?

Yes, the warstrider is in range.

It is exactly below the Crown, and about 20m downhill from Malek.

Malek is on the top on the hill.

River is some 40m from it, and she has a LineOfSight because she's flying.

Walker is at some 60m as he's still on the edge of the forest, and he has no LOS.

I'm closing the Caldera and will try to open the next one asap, but my internet connection is an exercise in frustration and i smoked my brain at the job... oO

Ok, after such a great gameplay, leaving Orzhov, Midboss and Crazy Ivan with such a ridiculous amount of XPs would be an insult, I will come for a better assignment tomorrow.

It is evident that a reward system based only on stunts is not sufficient, as it penalizes scenes and characters less inclined to action.

While I do not exclude going back to the vanilla flat XP system, I'd still prefer to reward players that put more effort/creativity/drama into their posts.

Suggestions are very welcome.

Some sort of incentive for "in character" interpretation at the end of a scene.

+10 for rping the character according to his bg (motivation intimacies + being in character)

+15 for a deeper impersonization (thoughts trying to make the character evolve / take initiative)

+20 for intense implication in character development

I feel that not every scene is meant to mean the same thing for everyone, but everyone should be rewarded for good rping and trying as much as possible to keep a character "alive and rolling".

Haku said:
Excellent, so it is approved?
I understand close to nothing about him.. her?

While I will read the GWM asap, I trust you know what you are doing and are not going to crack the game.

xarvh said:
Haku said:
Excellent, so it is approved?
I understand close to nothing about him.. her?

While I will read the GWM asap, I trust you know what you are doing and are not going to crack the game.
I think its too late for that with someone whose somewhat genre saavy and worse.. so far gone around the bend, its on the far side of being sane again....

xarvh said:
Ok, after such a great gameplay, leaving Orzhov, Midboss and Crazy Ivan with such a ridiculous amount of XPs would be an insult, I will come for a better assignment tomorrow.
It is evident that a reward system based only on stunts is not sufficient, as it penalizes scenes and characters less inclined to action.

While I do not exclude going back to the vanilla flat XP system, I'd still prefer to reward players that put more effort/creativity/drama into their posts.

Suggestions are very welcome.
May I suggest a flat, timed XP gain? "8 XP every week, awarded on Saturday at 12:00 EST" or the like - which means slower paced threads, people not getting as much screen time due to choices, etc. aren't screwed, plus much smaller "guys, that was awesome" awards.

Because frankly, in a properly written PbP, everything should be a 2-dice stunt.

I think my character sheet is ready for review. I want to add in a bit more background sorts of things at some point, but the overall background info is there. I will mostly be accessing things via mobile device for the weekend, but I should be available still.

This may be an oversight on my part, but Walker used 10 motes of Peripheral essence, he's burning in black pretty big.

The awareness roll was to find Callen and to see that the warstrider was actually collecting the head.

Sherwood, Cyl, can you amend your last posts?

Feanteri: PC's good and I will hope the scene in (hopefully) short time.

However, your and Arynne's entry will be slightly delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back