[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Feantari said:
I think our real issue is going to be exports, as will probably become apparent when Argis tries to make this trade. We can't really run off of theivery and personal accounts for all that long.
NATURE-REINFORCING ALLOCATION

Cost: 10m, 2wp; Mins: Charisma 4, Essence 3;

Type: Simple (dramatic action)

Keywords: Obvious, Touch, Training

Duration: One week

Prerequisite Charms: Dog-Tongue Method

Lunar Exalted infuse their animal companions with

greater capabilities. The character spends a week training

the target animal, in which time she must spend at least

five hours per day on this effort. Each use of this Charm

allows the character to endow the target animal with one

of the following:

• One additional dot of Strength, Dexterity, Stamina,

Wits or Perception; none may be increased more than once.

• One additional dot of Athletics, Awareness, Dodge,

Integrity, Martial Arts, Presence, Resistance or Survival; none

may be increased past the character’s rating in the trait.

• One additional -1 health level; no more additional

levels than the creature’s Stamina.

• Intelligence equal to that of a six-year-old human;

familiars become as intelligent as a full-grown human, acquiring

Intelligence 2.

• One point of mutation; giving the creature mutations

larger than poxes requires additional weeks of training

before it has any effect. Mutations natural or reasonable

to the animal have no overt effect on appearance—giving

poison to a snake might increase the strength of the

poison. Other mutations can make the animal or familiar

look quite strange.

We can sell winged horses! :D

...I keed, I keed...

I can't work my magic on anything made of the 5 MMs, but a regular blade is no problem. Same for armor. I can tweak it to repair itself, add extra defense, make it mutable to change its appearance, and lots of other stuff. I plan on having all of Cross' troops with upgraded weapons and armor during the down time we have.

I'm honestly not sure that they have all that much in the way of armor at the moment. We have smith demons, but until argis gets there I think we've been working with what they had with them in terms of metal... so we should hopefully see a good stat boost after some more construction and buffing

Thing is, you don't have soldier, full stop.

You have a small group of hunters not trained for war (hence the very low Drill).

You have super armor, super weapons, and none to use them.

We will be fixing that during the next few years of game time.

We have jade so we can hire mercs if needed.

If Mirunda is opened for recolonization, we need to take it back, from there we get river access, and can build trade roads to the republic of Chaya and turn it to be a minor trade hub.

xarvh said:
Thing is, you don't have soldier, full stop.
You have a small group of hunters not trained for war (hence the very low Drill).

You have super armor, super weapons, and none to use them.
Technically, we have 10 soldiers ;)

Adding a little bit of narrative conceit to skip having to explain the whole Primordial thing again to Fangs, because it doesn't actually advance the plot much.

By the way, what happened to our visitors from Autocthon? Did they survive the fight?

According to the few witnesses, they just fled as fast as possible, forcibly dragging Albane with them.

For scene 15 since the Caste issue isn't resolved yet, I will assume that Malek hasn't been to Didee yet.

Question to the others: Eclipse or Night ?

I see advantages to both... perhaps a bit more for Eclipse now I have Melia as a superpowered sidekick... but Malek isn't social combat-ready... not by a loooong long shot.

But both the diplomatic immunity towards spirits and the faes and the sanctified pact could help us out big time.

If we work together closely with Argis, he could compensate my weaknesses at first.

Thoughts ?

Hmm.. could do. Someone here with the power to sanctify oaths is a big deal. Didee wasn't wrong there. Maybe look up the things it would give you easier access too as well. Since I'd assume your favored abilities shift too?

Maybe Malek isn't optimized for social combat, but I've noticed that he naturally leans towards diplomatic solutions to problems...

Arynne said:
Maybe Malek isn't optimized for social combat, but I've noticed that he naturally leans towards diplomatic solutions to problems...
This. I've yet to see Malek end up favoring a knife in the back in the dead of night over talking it out.

To be frank, I had forgotten you were a Night caste.

And thus we meet Plan B of "How Fangs goes after Solar Circle Sorcery" - "If a Yozi can make Akuma, surely a Primordial can..."

Plan A is, incidentally, eat Malek. Just in case it doesn't need to be your mate. Failing that, eat Walker. Gently ;)

Plan C is math >.>

Well I haven't had many opportunities to exploit my talents (and didn't made him into another cutthroat cold hearted pragmatic bastard / assassin... been here done that :rolleyes: ).

Surprised the wyld hunt during the first battle, tried to surprise Didee, sneaked in and out of Mirunda (under the Wyld Hunt's nose), and used tricks to make a diversion against an army... oh and also stole all the jade I could get my hands on to help our finances...

I've spent most of my xp buying utilitarian charms to help the dominion out, because Malek is strongly tied to the people of Mirunda... but he's a thief and a trickster in essence, no doubt about it.

Fact is, being an Eclipse doesn't mean he'd stop being one... it only means I'd have to devote my xp to getting where I need to be to be as useful as a diplomat as I am as a thief / spy right now... turning him into a warlord for example would have been much much more simple !

CrazyIvan said:
To be frank, I had forgotten you were a Night caste.
I think everybody kinda had.

I mean, last time he used his anima was to become as shiny and visible as possible... oO

@Arynne: It's not a cruel joke. There's more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back