[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Wow - many, many posts devoured. Will rewrite Fangs stuff today or tomorrow - probably tomorrow, what with V-Day. Long story short though, the Sorcery begins. Would probably be good to iron out the effect of Obsidian Butterflies and Brilliant Raptor in Mass Combat. They're both by far the most useful artillery spells.

Feantari said:
I'm waiting to repost to see if we can get the lost posts recovered, but the initial response I got from Haku wasn't optimistic... :-/
CrazyIvan said:
Wow - many, many posts devoured. Will rewrite Fangs stuff today or tomorrow - probably tomorrow, what with V-Day. Long story short though, the Sorcery begins. Would probably be good to iron out the effect of Obsidian Butterflies and Brilliant Raptor in Mass Combat. They're both by far the most useful artillery spells.
What lost posts? If you can give me how many and the date/time It will make this alot easier because the Import from both boards was 100 percent successful and the data is all here.

Well, xarvh said there were about 5,000 war ghosts, and that it was too noisy and confused to shout.

Then I responded that, "doesn't that make eight dragons?" and pointed out that Flicker has War-keyword Charms to compensate for that,

And then somebody said that posts were disappearing,

And then BOOM.

So pretty much everything we were posting in the last few minutes before the site went down.

Maybe to help clarify, the site went down, and then came back up with the oh.. hour or 2 of posts missing? Then it went down again for the change over and such. It looks like everything from that second down time carried over, but a handful of posts got lost in the first down time.

Feantari said:
Maybe to help clarify, the site went down, and then came back up with the oh.. hour or 2 of posts missing? Then it went down again for the change over and such. It looks like everything from that second down time carried over, but a handful of posts got lost in the first down time.
Those posts were happening during the import and technically don't exist. I apologize but those last posts before the import started have to be re posted.

While we're waiting for everybody to realize we're back, here's a picture of a newly-Exalted Joyous Dove. :D

DeinonychusSocks.jpg

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Those posts were happening during the import and technically don't exist. I apologize but those last posts before the import started have to be re posted.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this would be the problem.

Essentially in the span of about 20 minutes...

CrazyIvan posts beautiful, stirring prose that would make Shakespeare weep with envy.

CrazyIvan goes "That's funny, server is acting...strange. Where did that post go?"

CrazyIvan posts onto OOC "Did anyone else's post disappear?"

Patternspider goes down for a day or so.

I don't really blame you guys. My "usual posting time" is exactly when I, if I were wearing a sysadmin hat, would schedule downtime.

Okay, almost ready to make an IC post, but unfortunately I realize I have (yet another) question.

What, if anything, do I need to roll for Fangs to join her Baidak unit? Can I just post her getting there, or will she need to fight her way through?

@Ivan: Fangs is a Lunar, she can fly straight to her Baidaks, the warghost don't have ranged weapons anyway.

I usually backup long posts on my computer, but when crashes happen, it may be useful to search in the browser's cache.

In alternative, hitting the "back" browser key will bring you back to your text, which you can cut & paste in a text editor.

@Feantari: my apologies for the mess with the Water Anima.

You may have felt robbed of your prerogative.

We can either remove the last two posts, either close the Scene as it stands, but we'll have to finish All my Friends before we can have Argis back in actions.

Guys, I still have to settle in my new life, I don't have a roof nor a job and everything here's ridiculously expensive and I have 10h of jet lag, so I will have to ask again for your patience.

I don't think we need to revert anything. If not the disorientation from water I'm sure the fish dudes could have created some.

@CrazyIvan: if you want Fang to join the Baidaks, post it IC.

Then proceed to post for the complementary unit.

@Feantari: Ok.

I have never noticed the wording of the manual, and it opens the door for all sorts of creative abuses.

(For example, if you drink poison it kills you, but if you swim in it it won't do you anything because it becomes environmental...)

I actually have a Water Aspect for Sher's game... =D

Xarvh, how do you put something in spoiler/OOC tags on this new setup? :confused:

And they aren't using bows and arrows. They're using hunting weapons called atlatls, or spear-throwers, which have a shorter Range than bows (at least in the world of Exalted) but hurl heavier darts that do +4L damage.

ThreeWithWeightsB.jpg

to make a spoiler use these backets [ ] around the word 'spoiler', and to end it

@Arynne: yeah, you mentioned the atlatl several times...

The damage is your Cha + 5L

The spoiler tags work just as before

[ spoiler= ]

[ /spoiler ]

xarvh said:
@CrazyIvan: if you want Fang to join the Baidaks, post it IC.
Then proceed to post for the complementary unit.
Finally got a post up. Essentially, the Baidak commander called for whatever the Malfean equivalent of "On my position, fire for effect!" is.

I had no idea about what Malek could do in the current situation... until I remembered the power of TAUNT ! :D

Yeah, sorry. I just have a passion for archaic weapons. I'm also a lousy shot, but good at throwing things, which undoubtedly influenced the direction of my enthusiasm... :rolleyes:

If Walker had a laser painter, he'd use it for River. Using arrows made from screaming souls and plucked from the Underworld is the next best thing, right?

Works for me! I just need to know what to roll, since she's getting help from Walker on her attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back