[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Crap - had such a nice reply set up, then remembered I don't know the timing of something.

Summoning a hidden judge lasts from sunrise to sunset. Presumably, we're not conveniently at sunrise - how far into the day are we? How much time before sunset, if the spell cast mid-day just has a shorter duration? Or is it impossible to cast not at sunrise?

@Feantari: nono, it's just me being slow.

It's again another those delicate scenes that I want to set up with all the details ironed out, so it's giving me pains...

Masters of Jade is amazing, btw.

So that's my question Xarvh. If I summon a judge, will he just be like "lawls, sunset, I'm out" or do we actually get him for the duration of say, the battle...

CrazyIvan said:
Masters of Jade is amazing, btw.
So that's my question Xarvh. If I summon a judge, will he just be like "lawls, sunset, I'm out" or do we actually get him for the duration of say, the battle...
That's the thing that seem to make more sense (and it doesn't make much anyway), so my understanding would be that you cannot use the spell between sunset and sunrise. oO

Pag 72 of the White Treatise, I am accepting third-party suggestions.

As a side note, the Legion could probably escape the Judge with Unseen Wisp Method (currently active), which can definitely be considered a perfect stealth charm in regards to ranged attacks.

To paraphrase the Avenger's superbowl spot.

"I have an army...

- We have a warstrider ! " :lol:

Give'em hell sherwood ! :twisted:

Bwahahah, we has reached 4300, which makes of EotFS the largest active patternspider game and the largest non-resuscitated patternspider game ever.

Soon we'll just be the largest ever. :mrgreen:

Thank you guys. :D

BTW, how, how could I ever deprive my beloved players of the pure awesomeness that THIS is:

BTW.

As I have already stated elsewhere, in a week or so my life will change drastically.

No, I am not getting married, but as the date draws closer, I am freaking out more and more, and this will have effects on the game.

Be patient.

Ok, about Mass Combat.

Basically, the complementary unit becomes the weapon of the general.

So, the actual weapon the character is wielding is irrelevant.

Let's take River.

She's the Leader of herself, a Solo unit.

She will attack other units with her Wits+War pool.

Let's see the stats of her "weapon".

By the rules, "Solo Units have all 'SA:' values at 0 and Drill equal to their War, but they can use Strength rather than Charisma for the base damage."

So:

Speed 3

Accuracy +0

Defense +0

Damage +0

Rate 1

Since she can use her Strength in place of her Charisma, her damage will be pretty high:

River's Strength + Warstrider's Strength + Weapon Damage = 3 + 14 + 0 = 17L

All the enemy damage will arrive just as if River herself was attacked.

With a soak of 22L, it's unlikely that the Warghosts will be able to damage her.

---------------------------------------------

Siham has no War, so his stats are similar to River's.

Unfortunately his strength and armour are much smaller than River's.

Also, AFAIK firewands are no area-weapons, so unless purposely pimped up, I do not think they are particularly good for mass combat.

Questions?

Having Walker direct River would be far more effective.

Considering Drill 1 anf Mag 0

Speed 3

Accuracy = (River's attack dicepool /2)

Defense = (River's Parry DV)

Damage = (A lot, and the Claws would count)

Rate = 1

Now, this is unorthodox... I mean, even by core rules, can you have a general lead a single character on the field?

In short, just as with the core rules, you can be the greatest warrior in the world but if you don't have War you won't be able to do shit.

This because it's assumed that thanks to the formation and strategy, even if you kill a few extras you are not really making an impact on the army.

So, you roll Wits + War + Weapon Accuracy.

Here, River will roll only her Wits.

(BTW, the Legion was optimized for the core mass combat. The House Rules nerf her badly.)

I edited my post for my attack roll on the Leigon. With luck, I'll actually hit and do some serious damage.

And I need to learn some dots in War. :|

Yeah, we all do. Got the xp, but will need to find some downtime to justify knowing it. I'm not really going to bother rolling for this battle. I'll be about as useful as a ice cube in a volcano.

Sherwood said:
I edited my post for my attack roll on the Leigon. With luck, I'll actually hit and do some serious damage.
And I need to learn some dots in War. :|
I took war just because its impact on the game, and that the errata made the Heroism-Encouraging Presence very useful for a Zenith, particularly the build for Rhapsody. But, I need more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back