[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

If someone with war can rally a group in that battle then you guys without it could join as special characters and be less limited.

Nothing is lost, you can always stunt your way out of things, plus you have an aura of invulnerability... that counts for something ! :wink:

These are just soldiers led by one exalt... we are 6, we have an abyssal archer, 2 shapeshifters available, some elementals, and we have a warstrider !

Let's get the leaders then the relays, and then eat pop corn while River stomps on the routed rest of them !

That's pretty much what Flicker will try -- hit the warghosts with ranged attacks, then rally as many fighters to her as possible.

With their DV so high, River has little to no chance of being able to do any damage to the leigon as it stands now. Anyone have any ideas on what can be done to change that?

*looks at battle wheel*

Oh jeez.

Note to self: learn those Charms that allow your military unit to sneak up on people.

Sherwood said:
With their DV so high, River has little to no chance of being able to do any damage to the leigon as it stands now. Anyone have any ideas on what can be done to change that?
Yup, that's a problem.

Stunt like it's your last day.

It probably is.

More pressingly, I need you and Norts to declare your defences, since the attacks against you overcame your DVs.

Regardless, everybody up to Tick 17 feel free to declare your actions.

If you are solo, your Speed is 3.

Okay so, it's up to Walker to take her down since he's the only one who can see her, hopefully he has some useful assassin's tricks up his sleeve to do so !

Obi Wal Kerobi you're our only hope ! :lol:

Norts, you know Malek has the cloak of vanishing escape, if you need him to get to safety, just shout I can take you anywhere within a few miles maybe once or twice !

Sherwood, if you can, move towards the city hall, at least you'll regroup with the others and give the civies some cover !

xarvh said:
CrazyIvan said:
Masters of Jade is amazing, btw.
So that's my question Xarvh. If I summon a judge, will he just be like "lawls, sunset, I'm out" or do we actually get him for the duration of say, the battle...
That's the thing that seem to make more sense (and it doesn't make much anyway), so my understanding would be that you cannot use the spell between sunset and sunrise. oO

Pag 72 of the White Treatise, I am accepting third-party suggestions.

As a side note, the Legion could probably escape the Judge with Unseen Wisp Method (currently active), which can definitely be considered a perfect stealth charm in regards to ranged attacks.
This is why I hate combat in PbP games. The timing is all wrong, and rules questions take forever to resolve.

I think your reading is correct. This was more of a desperate hope that a system in dire need of revision might not again prove somewhat useless in combat. Because right now, the most useful thing Fangs has done was summoning demons at the beginning of the game.

Btw. folks, there is a formation on the field friendly to us with decently high War skills. That's why the Baidak's were summoned.

Though its less ranged attacks I was rooting for, and more buffed up Terrestrial sorcerer melee with a nasty, nasty sword when fighting undead.

Anyway, scratch the Judge plan, its clearly unworkable. I'll try to have an entry post for Fangs soon, just worn out from work and feeling particularly frustrated right this moment.

Sherwood said:
Flurries and coordinated attacks. truthfully, I think you should try to take control of the terrain and use it against your enemies. Like starting fires and using the smoke as a screen to retreat (with the towns people). It's only an example, not a suggestion.

12402373.jpg

My thoughts on the battle summed up.

On one side we have an experienced undead army with a very good general, on ours, barely trained militias with half a dozen exalted, only half of which can really fight correctly. We are not at advantage.

On the plus side, we have the perfect retreat position: The library. I'd love to see the army try to get through the Behemoth.

I like that "half a dozen Exalted" is considered a low number.

Anyway, Fangs post incoming, either before or after I go watch Safehouse.

I'm thinking about seeing Safehouse. Let us know what you think of it. 8)

*studies battle wheel*

Now I wish I had my action to do over again... :oops:

...ah, well. Fog of war, and all that. :roll:

If you want to edit your post, no problem.

I am waiting for the others before I resolve it anyway.

Do Miscellaneous Actions in mass combat still work the way they do in the corebook? Or have they been houseruled too?

Can you give me an estimate of just how many mortal combatants, demons, elementals and ghosts, respectively, are present?

Water Aspect Anima:

At the cost of ï¬ve motes of Essence, the child of Daana’d

suffuses her being with the power of Water. For the duration of a

single day, the Exalt has complete water freedom. She can breathe

water as easily as air and is incapable of drowning. She also suffers

no environmental penalty for any actions she takes underwater,

including such improbable actions as ï¬ ring a bow or throwing a

chakram. As a ï¬ nal bonus, the Exalt can walk across the surface of

a body of water as easily as dry land.

I see no reason why Argis would have any harder time seeing than they would. If they have other charms or sense in effect that's cool, but he does have his anima power up.

I'm waiting to repost to see if we can get the lost posts recovered, but the initial response I got from Haku wasn't optimistic... :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back