[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Low essence enlightening charms work IIRC only with committed essence, so I see no balance sufficient balance with this charm.

I'd say you could develop charms to ensure the siring of half breeds, speed the pregnancy and their growth to maturity... but for everything else, Sharing the Gift of Luna is the way to go.

Well, all Celestial/Abyssal/Infernal Exalted are supposed to have a Charm that can permanently enlighten someone -- the Solar version is called Soul-Enlightening Beneficence and is functionally identical to Power-Awarding Prana -- so I was trying to figure out how that would work for Lunars.

Maybe if I raised the Essence minium...?

Such a permanent effect would need you to spend XPs, and definitely not as such low Ess/Cha requirements.

The Solar version effectively limits the total amount of mortals enlightened, I don't see the Lunars doing better out of their role as Stewards.

So raise the minimum Essence to 4 (as with Burgeoning Wyld Infliction), and the cost to 15m, 1wp, 2hls and 3xp?

And should this be a separate Charm, or an upgrade to Sharing the Gifts of Luna ("When the user reaches Essence 4, they may permanently enlighten someone for an additional cost of...")?

Arynne said:
Well, all Celestial/Abyssal/Infernal Exalted are supposed to have a Charm that can permanently enlighten someone -- the Solar version is called Soul-Enlightening Beneficence and is functionally identical to Power-Awarding Prana -- so I was trying to figure out how that would work for Lunars.
Maybe if I raised the Essence minium...?
Sorry I had forgotten about that one... but this charm is also stoopeed !

I thought about it but first it's a mutation, second it's reversible, and third you could qualify for an extensive use of Spanking the Naughty Minmaxers by the ST (and we couldn't decently blame him for that :mrgreen: )

I'm fine with building our way slowly but surely towards mortal enlightenment... we're exalts, we have twilight, sorcerers, martial artists... we got all we need to raise super mortals over time.

Thing is, the world must stay consistent.

If there is a charm like that, what prevents any dedicated Lunar from quickly rising an army of enlightened mortals?

If per any person you enlighten you have to pay 3xp, this puts a good limit on how many you can enlighten, so I'd go for the upgrade of Sharing the Gifts of Luna, Essence 4 required.

Still, I am uncertain.

More for a matter of theme than for a matter of balance.

xarvh said:
Thing is, the world must stay consistent.
If there is a charm like that, what prevents any dedicated Lunar from quickly rising an army of enlightened mortals?
Honestly, the players agreeing not to be dicks.

The rules as written make it trivially easy for a Solar to raise an army capable of sacking Lookshy. Heck, pretty sure they make a Lunar capable of doing so, bounded only by the number of ovaries they have access to. They also make it possible to get to the top of the Elemental Pole of Earth and kick Creation to Death.

Though honestly, if we wanted to be game breaking, all I need is 8 more XP, and for 'Imbue Amalgam' to be among the spell scrolls found in the library.

The game, as written, is broken. It stays together via gentleman's (and woman's) agreement.

It's cool. I'm not trying to spawn a swarm of minions. I do think that the presence of some mortal heroes would benefit the Cross a lot.

And you know, sooner or later, Flicker's going to master Shadow Hunter Style...and then want to start teaching it.

Ok, I want to let Arynne follow her ideas but I am uncertain about the effect it will have on the game.

I will take a few days to think about it, then decide.

Input from other players via PM will be appreciated.

@CI: I was thinking more about NPCs.

@All: I'll post IC today.

Well if Claw can has, I gatz to have it too, and you can be sure I'll be demanding a switch with Power Awarding Prana.

Although as CI said, we would agree on how to properly use it for the benefits of the game, as a storytelling tool and not a hammer to shatter the world with...

You guys have fun with that. I'll just go start a harem so we can have lots of DBs running around. xD I keed of course. I can't imagine Argis wanting to start a harem. :-P

Gee, I didn't mean to start a kerfuffle. :oops:

It won't be happening anytime soon, in any case...I haven't even learned the Charm yet, let alone reached Essence 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back