[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Plus, anyone who sees a Judge's true face instantly knows their proper place in the grand scheme of things, which many Exalts apparently find...dismaying.

The hidden judge would surely be appropriate (-> Legion) and rather dramatically stylish...

However... we could "make" a custom spell aiding us in one particular aspect of our situation.

In a month we'll have 10 000 more mouths to feed and accommodate... I find it rather odd that a celestial sorcerer could harness the power to build permanent manses, but not cities... they can conjure a palace for 400 guests for 24 hours but not decent settlements...

We could go Higitus Figitus / Sorcerer's Apprentice style and create some sort of Instant City Miracle provided we have plans (Siham), and possibly the materials (Siham going Wyld Shaping Technique :mrgreen: )... OR design a Solution for Hunger, a significant improvement of Food from the Aerial Table or a really fast harvest spell.

CrazyIvan said:
Hrm...I wonder if I could persuade them that it was only the Solars who lost the mandate of heaven, and as such, offenses against a Lunar totally count.
Tirana would agree with that... ^_^

xarvh said:
CrazyIvan said:
Hrm...I wonder if I could persuade them that it was only the Solars who lost the mandate of heaven, and as such, offenses against a Lunar totally count.
Tirana would agree with that... ^_^
That would be the 2/3rds that is crazy.

Anyway, going with Judges, because there's a scene or two I want to play with Fangs, who is at her heart a Magistrate's daughter.

Hmmm, so I guess the rest of Walker's plans would be message Argis about the strange disease thing he has, searching Nexus for possible leads. Other than that, Walker is likely to spend any other free time he has, outside of training villagers and practicing his own weapon skills, meditating and soul searching. I might use the downtime to raise his essence, if we have enough time.

New chapter's up.

Sorry for being so precious, I hope it was worth the wait.

@Feantari, CrazyIvan: post your montage along with the others.

I'll open new scenes when everybody has posted their montage.

What did Albane find out that Joyous Dove "won't like"?

(I feel kind of nervous asking this question, but it will determine her actions.)

You didn't ask Albane so I omitted it from the last thread.

His suspicion is that the Widow recognized DK manufacturing behind Dove's gear or some other object or she may have combined a weak hunch with some masterful cold reading and spies and connection.

In short, the Widow may know a lot about Dove and she knows at least in general about DKs.

That's actually better than some of the alternative possibilities...

It was the crystal pendant, I'll bet. Recorders of Everlasting Glory weren't exactly rare in the First Age, but Dragon King-designed artifacts probably look different.

Speaking of which, did we ever find out what Dove and River saw when they used the "playback" feature on the Recorder?

xarvh said:
New chapter's up.
Sorry for being so precious, I hope it was worth the wait.

@Feantari, CrazyIvan: post your montage along with the others.

I'll open new scenes when everybody has posted their montage.
Montage goes in Bones of Empire or am I missing something?

Looking at what I wrote, I realize a lot of it should probably have gone in the Realm-Building thread...

Charm purchase -- should the priority be Charms that increase your own personal prowess or Charms to strengthen the community?

Working on a post for Argis, right now I'm writing it as though he gets a message from Walker, but going to hold off posting it until I know what he learns from it.

Um...mainly any info about the weird infection he seems to have, and general info about how the outside world might be reacting to their presence. Of course, he's also interested in any interesting combat methods, gear, training manuals, etc. that can be laid upon with little suspicion. Walker's first and foremost thought beyond ensuring that he's not going to suddenly turn into a murderous monster from this disease is to further arm himself and the Cross against any and all opponents.

So:

1. Medicinal records of any similar sickness, especially ones that might reference the dead, or Sijan.

2. Combat gear, so that Cross has something while the demons Fangs bound churn out their own pieces.

3. Immaculate Air Dragon pretty please?

Oh yes, that will be included. Probably first, actually. It's more important than getting more swords, or special techniques.

And as far as air dragon style goes, walker wouldn't be asking for it by name. Probably more like 'keep an eye out for any interesting weapons or techniques you come across'.

Well... it's Nexus, and Argis is both a former immaculate and student to a sidereal sifu... you may have to be a bit more specific if you want him to bring you back something.

I guess we coud have a problem, cause i'm pretty sure, in my head st least, that walker had no clue what the immaculate styles are beyond rumor. Um...let's change it to "keep an eye out for any powerful martial art techniques you could bring back"?

Like I said on the other thread, any textbooks for training people in thaumaturgy, or even some individual thaumaturgical Procedures, would be invaluable -- especially the Arts of Husbandry, Warding and Weathercraft. The Art of the Dead Procedure Proper Funerary Practices would be helpful, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back