[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

xarvh said:
@CI: are you aiming the Obsidian Butterflies to all of them or only Khaled?
Got no manuals here....

How many ticks does it take to release the spell from the Cord?

What is the damage of the Butterflies?
Just Khaled, unless the group happens to be standing behind him. But no, Fangs is trying to knock one person out, regardless of that spell being most useful vs. groups of mortals. It's the only one Sherwood could viably have cast at Fangs >.<

It's a miscellaneous action and then *bam* its out.

8L + any extra successes.

In both cases I'd leave Fangs and Argis in Sanctuary, as things are still in the middle of the events.
Guys, I want your feedback on this.
Unless Tirana becomes considerably more...cooperative...or kicks them out, that'll be rough on Fangs and Argis if there's something of a time skip, as right now, this has all taken place in the span of what, one long afternoon?

The other option is to have someone else hold the cord while Fangs casts a spell and lets them catch it, then takes the cord back once its filled.

"Ok, now I cast this HORRIBLY DANGEROUS spell at you, while you hold the chord. What can possibly go wrong?" ^^

xarvh said:
Also, I wonder if for the Butterflies in the Cord we shouldn't use River stats instead. oO
A good question. And a tremendous pain in the ass to track if true.

And an interesting philosophical question, as it vastly changes the power of the Cord in the hands of a caster vs. a non-caster depending on which one you go with.

School is still stuck up my bum, and I still work 35 hour weeks right now until we hire someone new. I'm still here, I'm just not really available right now.

CrazyIvan said:
xarvh said:
Also, I wonder if for the Butterflies in the Cord we shouldn't use River stats instead. oO

And an interesting philosophical question, as it vastly changes the power of the Cord in the hands of a caster vs. a non-caster depending on which one you go with.
I'd say it replicates exactly the spell it captured at the moment of casting, whether the caster has essence 7 or 3 and rolled 20 successes or 2.

When you release a spell captured in the Cord you merely let out and redirect energies that aren't yours.

It may seem broken, but it's not really usable in combat, and it's a three shots spell releasing device.

Very useful for non sorcerers and low essence users allies.

If it can be used by non-sorcerers, then it definitely uses the stats of the original caster.

Ok, next time we keep this in mind.

I think I'll need my notes to advance The Disciple.

We'll set up the next Chapter so that everyone can play according to availability.

cyl said:
CrazyIvan said:
xarvh said:

I'd say it replicates exactly the spell it captured at the moment of casting, whether the caster has essence 7 or 3 and rolled 20 successes or 2.

When you release a spell captured in the Cord you merely let out and redirect energies that aren't yours.

It may seem broken, but it's not really usable in combat, and it's a three shots spell releasing device.

Very useful for non sorcerers and low essence users allies.
For the sake of our heads not exploding, I'd suggest the two spells cast there are both "Here, hold this while I cast it" from Fangs then, rather than her being the target.

I also disagree that it's not really usable in combat. It's a Misc. action that is a single tick long, incurs no DV penalty beyond any multiple action penalties, is a guaranteed "No, your sorcerer doesn't work right now" for any remotely hostile spells *and* you can spit those spells back at them.

Not to mention the benefit of a 1 tick "Got a Magma Kracken in my pocket" setups.

It's not godly - it's boosting a power set in Exalted that's already a bit poo in direct combat, but I'd hesitate to say it wasn't at least stupid handy in combat. Especially in a game like this one, where you can't rely on a 1 or 2 dice stunt every action for mote regeneration.

xarvh said:
If it can be used by non-sorcerers, then it definitely uses the stats of the original caster.
Ok, next time we keep this in mind.

I think I'll need my notes to advance The Disciple.

We'll set up the next Chapter so that everyone can play according to availability.
If it helps moves things forward quickly, I'm also content with a 'combat montage' or the like. The outcome of this fight, if Tirana commits all her resources, isn't really in question. Fangs is a fun character to play, but she probably can't beat a dedicated Immaculate martial artist in a fair fight mano-a-mano, leaving aside the wounded Beastman/DB(?), the other DB, and Tirana herself.

So I'd be fine with resuming with Fangs, you know, wounded but having made good account of herself, anima banner on high and the hearth room being a bit of a mess, what with the fire and the insanely sharp volcanic glass and all...

If that's helpful.

Oh we agree on that, the release function is obviously highly useable in combat, and becomes balance breaking especially when you get to celestial and solar sorcery. (here let me have this total annihilation infused cord, I'll just infiltrate enemy lines, release it in their midst and use my cloak of vanishing escape to get away within the blink of an eye... :twisted: )

I meant to say the capture function wasn't as useable because it requires to be in perfect sync with the caster, which is, while not impossible, hard to manage in the middle of a fight every time a spell is cast.

Plus you'll notice it has also another limitation: the owner of the cord must be the target or be in the path of the charm which means that there's a significant number of spells that cannot be trapped.

2 works for me, Argis will still want to head to Nexus in short order though. Assuming the great cosmic joke that is my schedule allows me to get him out of the next 5min in game time. >.< (work travel: got there, did everything really fast, came back, now everyone else wants things crazy fast >.<, and here I was expecting a nice longish trip with down time)

@CI: things are a bit more complex than that.

Only Khaled is there to fight you.

For now, we won't decide anything about "where is Fangs".

Welcome back in IC Feantari. ^^

I'd say that Argis should go to Nexus directly, unless you want company.

If the latter, we'll have him return to Cross.

Shall I roll Join Debate? Albane is currently passably pissed off with Didee and will attempt to mindraep the ungrateful little bitch if she doesn't give up her ridiculous power grab. Not that he can do UMI yet, but! I'll try to find several angles of approach to WP-tap her. Or argue the little cockroach to the ground until he gives up and works for me.

I suppose I'll also roll for Limit, as it fits the Heart of Tears curse.

@Brekkir: if you want to enter mechanical combat, I think we can skip JB roll and you can attack already.

I usually factor the stats of a PC in the answers he gets though, but remember that Didee is childish and utterly ADHD.

Anyway.

Didee's offer is not so bad: you recognize her religion and let her decide how to worship her, she lets the new colonies in the jungle.

Plus, the more worshipers you bring her, the more she'll keep an eye on the jungle.

EDIT: Oh, yes, and the limits is very appropriate, as I did my very best to frustrate brave Albane, and he responded magnificently.

On what ground would you use social combat here ?

You can't really compel behavior, but perhaps begin creating an intimacy heh... good luck with that.

Anyway.
Didee's offer is not so bad: you recognize her religion and let her decide how to worship her, she lets the new colonies in the jungle.

Plus, the more worshipers you bring her, the more she'll keep an eye on the jungle.
Sure, if you don't mind the fact that until recently she was a flesh eating psycho.
As an Eclipse you definitely want to have a careful look at her plans to see if they are acceptable... I mean that's our job to keep the gods in check.

Even if you can probably rewrite it with your charms, it's probably easier to be in agreement with her.

Plus the people of Thorns may not agree to worship her at first, and she'll need some support (Argis & Albane are perfect for the job), so you need to be aware of what's what and can probably point out that there's a interdependency between us. We'll help her helps us, and the benefits will be shared.

We get crowd control, she gets the worshippers. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back