[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Welcome back Brekkir! ^_^

Albane's flashback was nice, btw.

@Norts & cyl: Either I terminate the scene and let you go to Nathir, and I'll have to prepare it (Is there any CTD describing Nathir? oO) or I make things happen, and there may be consequences on the game, that I have to ponder... Either case, I may need some time.

Well, we could either continue our semi rp semi montage in different directions, or as you said something comes our way (but generally by now we should know that it doesn't mean anything good for us :twisted: ).

And no, we know little about Nathir except that it's one of the key city for the Guild trade in this part of the Scavenger Lands.

So I should think, Prince Merchants residences, warehouses, and lots and lots of stuff... and a ton of mercs to protect it all.

Light at end of tunnel! or maybe just the middle, but still, light! If I don't post before Sunday someone scold me. I should have a real weekend this time :D

Feantari said:
Light at end of tunnel! or maybe just the middle, but still, light! If I don't post before Sunday someone scold me. I should have a real weekend this time :D
Yeah, I need a "slap player" button.... =P

@Arynne:

I'll wait for you to post before continuing Beneath a Steel Sky.

@cyl, Norts:

So, you both are going to Nathir?

I believe the idea is that we're meeting up with the others we brought along, I go to Nathir with them, and Cyl heads back to the Cross to spread the word.

Well I had a plan with the following steps:

1- get back to Melia and the guys

2- take my horse and get back to the Cross within a day's ride (thanks to the awesomeness of that ride charm)

3- spread the word about the Wyld Hunt, Legion, and what went down in Mirunda

4- get back to Walker, Melia and the guys the next day

5- go to Nathir, install my little spies / thieves network

Basically dropping the news in the Cross and catching up with Walker shouldn't take me more than 3 days tops.

I can work with a double scene since there are no space / time paradox with it (scene 1 in the Cross in the "past" scene 2 to Nathir in the "present").

I'm pretty sure we can cut straight to Nathir then, Malek will take more or less the same time as the others and they will meet in Nathir.

Malek's info will reach Cross before the Widow, so Siham and Albane can make use of the new info in their scenes.

xarvh said:
Malek's info will reach Cross before the Widow, so Siham and Albane can make use of the new info in their scenes.
Well knowing about the Legion's crimes beforehand could have affected Albane's attitude towards the Widow... but he's so good at diplomacy stuff that he didn't show it! I swear!

Indeed, I think Albane does deserve praise for the exceptional self-control shown. ^^

-OR- we can have Malek arrive just after Albane and Siham have finished with Didee. :mrgreen:

Actually, it seems that we have several frozen players, so I think we should take a flat out break, otherwise some parts will move too fast and we won't be able to keep time concurrency together.

How much time has passed in the 'Beneith a Steel Sky' thread? Eventaully, someone might start to wonder that there has been no word from River with her spell of Infallible Messenger.

The elapsed time will be whatever makes things easier for me, unless you need something specific.

Between your kidnapping and you opening the door, however, could be easily less than 24h.

Fixed.

I want to wait for the other players, so expect me to be very lazy about answering your threads.

Not too lazy, I hope. I want to get through this section and see what the hell is going on!

And because RPG.net had a great thread for fodder...

Fangs if things go less crazy/bad:

War_Wizard.jpg

Oh I like that ending better... still she kinda has this crazy/superior/creepy look :lol:

CrazyIvan, go on and post for Cunning Fangs.

@All:

This applies in general.

Unless you are aware of why I ask you to roll, or you really need to see the result of the roll in order to post, just add the roll after your normal post.

ie: don't make a post containing just the spoiler and the roll, but post already.

Makes the game move a bit smoother.

That kinda presupposes the roll results have no impact on what our character would do or say.

Which then raises the question "Why was there a roll?"

CrazyIvan said:
That kinda presupposes the roll results have no impact on what our character would do or say.
Which then raises the question "Why was there a roll?"
Indeed.

It has an impact on what will happen, what information I will make available to you, how NPCs will react...

Or maybe is something just about to happen.

Could be a Join Battle roll that will never be used, or that is about to be used.

Just to keep up an healthy dose of paranoia, you know.

BTW, thank you for writing your follow up already, CI.

Arg grar... I think I am either too poor a writer or too much a perfectionist for storytelling. >.< Post incoming tonight, but probably scaled back to children's version of the story I've been hacking at.

Eh, don't worry, sometimes inspiration is not at its best.

Honestly, I was expecting you would have dodged the story request.

Oh well, more XP to you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back