[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Anything out of your usual MDK circle of influence is good for your redemption.

Also beware, you wear a breastplate, not all styles allow armor, only a happy few.

Air Dragon after errata is very nice, and no longer so KaBoom!

Side note, should I be PMing this stuff to you xarvh, instead of cluttering OOC with it?

Norts said:
Side note, should I be PMing this stuff to you xarvh, instead of cluttering OOC with it?
Naaa, let's clutter the OOC.

In alternative, you can get me on one of the various IM clients.

Not really an IM person, so I will continue to clutter.

I'm trying to pick a style that not only looks fun to play, but also has some sort of story element that can help Walker on his redemptive path. It doesn't have to do this directly, merely add something to the equation. Studying martial arts properly would, I imagine, impart some sense of harmony and inner peace to Walker. The question remaining is whether the style really needs to do anything else other than this in a story sense. Each of my main candidates has their own virtues. Fire Dragon, to me, would represent learning to control his deathly power, enduring the need to kill. Wood Dragon would represent learning the flows of life, coming to understand the flows of essence so foreign to him. Air Dragon would, in a way, represent turning his own abilities toward good ends.

Any thoughts?

Indeed.

I think the choice is personal, depending on what YOU consider fun.

My personal and subjective take is "Use the Rule of Cool".

Pick the style that inspires you better for cool stunts.

Remember that your anima power does not work with MA Charms unless it's the native Hero style.

Yeah, though I don't like the flamethrower effect. I prefer bullet effects, but Prayer Pieces are simply not cost effective unless I pick up crafting charms to speed the bullet making process, and even then are difficult to make ammo for. I suppose I could live with Plasma Tongues. Less evocative in my mind, but hey that ritual to make ammo is so much easier! Overall it would make an interesting choice, though it keeps me at range still.

I'm going to try and make a final choice soon, so that our illustrious ST has time to work it in somewhere down the road.

May I suggest Golden Janissary then ? good for redemption !

Celestial Monkey would also do, gaining zen and being neutral.

Trick question: can the mutated DB be restored to their human forms with Order Affirming Blow ?

I kinda like the idea of uppercutting one of Tirana's children back to normality, just to prove a point.

Hundreds of years of twisting the human body with wyld essence to create hybrids, everything erased with one single blow... I'd kill to see the look on her face :mrgreen:

@Sherwood: there is no fucking way an eagle can fly in a pipe 1m wide.

Even more because it's horribly dirty, dark and potentially dangerous, you can't fly slow enough.

If you want to spare essence, your human form can move there inside decently if uncomfortably.

Regarding your question, 40' have passed since your wake.

cyl said:
Hundreds of years of twisting the human body with wyld essence to create hybrids, everything erased with one single blow... I'd kill to see the look on her face :mrgreen:
That would be awesome indeed.

Alas, their form is the result of Lunar hybridization and therefore completely natural.

Sorry I haven't been posting recently...been feeling under the weather. :(

Now...back to work! :D

*Anvil Chorus starts playing*

New Scene's up.

Midboss, up to you whether to enter there along Albane, or ask me what scene do you want me to open.

Ah damn, I was planning on force-feeding Didee with a romantic/sexual intimacy to bolster her against the Widow's social-fu, but now that she looks like a little girl... :|

I'll wait a bit on Midboss before posting. Strategy change ahoy !

I think I'm going to choose Air Dragon as my MA style. Going through all the different styles in my head, I think this one is most evocative to me for stunts.

I edited my post, since I wouldn't waste any essence shifting into my totem form if I couldn't fit down the tunnel.

Brekkir said:
Ah damn, I was planning on force-feeding Didee with a romantic/sexual intimacy to bolster her against the Widow's social-fu, but now that she looks like a little girl... :|
I'll wait a bit on Midboss before posting. Strategy change ahoy !
meh.ro1450.png

IM_20100225_Crassous_3_PhC-C_lg.jpg

I need to pit you guys against one of these.

Or maybe someone needs a new Familiar...

Reality is indeed more awesome than fiction.

BTW, for Argis and possibly Albane, the range of Wind-Carried Words is limited only by motes available and knowledge of the location of the recipient, depending no what are your plans you may want to consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back