[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Argis has Wind-Carried Words, but for some reason I was thinking that in the errata they gave it a hard cap on distance... maybe I am mis-remembering?

I am totally attacked by work atm, working 7 days a week and silly hours, so please forgive my slow posting (hoping it might slow down before an after work class starts next week O.o ). I am super excited about this scene so want to find some time to actually write her out a good story. ^_^

Feantari said:
Argis has Wind-Carried Words, but for some reason I was thinking that in the errata they gave it a hard cap on distance... maybe I am mis-remembering?
According to the 1000 Actions, there is no range cap.

Game is again in slow mode, no haste, and I am immensely glad that you are enjoying the scene.

Feeling... tired. I'm on vacation next week so I'll have more juice, so to speak, but right now I can't do justice to Albane's coolness. Maybe tomorrow. I want to get those things with Didee or the Widow done quickly.

I too enjoyed Mirunda, because Whispers dreams are the best type of fun. Also, because after Before We Break I have real reasons to start Walker down new paths. Now he's actually looking at himself through the lens of others.

Other point, this style is badwrongfun, and honestly makes me giggle. Doom comes for those who oppose the might of Solars with the Solar Hero replacer.

I have banked XP that I'd like to pick up the Charm Halting the Scarlet Flow to work with my Bruise Relief Method. Are we working on training times here, or can I get it in my next few hours of meditation?

Also, because after Before We Break I have real reasons to start Walker down new paths. Now he's actually looking at himself through the lens of others.
Stick with Malek long enough and he'll fill your head up with positive intimacies ! :twisted:

Sherwood said:
I have banked XP that I'd like to pick up the Charm Halting the Scarlet Flow to work with my Bruise Relief Method. Are we working on training times here, or can I get it in my next few hours of meditation?
We use training times, albeit loosely.

The only thing we can train in-scene is Fav abilities.

I have found my new end-game appearance goal for Fangs.

Malek may want to look away now.

Morgana_OriginalSkin_Ch.jpg

I've flown over the terrestrial combat spells tonight (gotta make insomnias count for something :roll: )... there's a lot of potential for crowd control.

I was particularly impressed with Burning Eyes of the Offender, Paralyzing Contradiction, Thunder Wolf's Howl and Titan's Icy Breath.

cyl said:
I've flown over the terrestrial combat spells tonight (gotta make insomnias count for something :roll: )... there's a lot of potential for crowd control.
I was particularly impressed with Burning Eyes of the Offender, Paralyzing Contradiction, Thunder Wolf's Howl and Titan's Icy Breath.
That's part of the reason Fang's uses White Reaper style for her MA. Terrestrial-level spellcasting makes you something of an unholy terror vs. mooks.

Will leave you a bit high-and-dry against single Exalt opponents, especially if you're a No Moon, but mortals are like delicious candy. And since White Reaper's halos work off kills...

Not only mortals, anything traveling in pack will hurt plenty... and thing is, it gets even better when you have Essence 4+

Step 1 - Paralyzing Contradiction to maze/ stun (15m), that should give you a minimum of 1+ action to cast something else.

Step 2- Thunder Wolf's Howl (10m) to give em some good bashing damage + internal penalties (every one gets wounded and suffers -2 internal penalty for a minimum of 5 ticks + wound penalties)

That's 25m, you still got around 30 to go...

From there, you can cast THW again to keep it bashing, or Titan's Icy Breath or anything else with an AoE, launch a scene long (MA form for example) or a protective spell (burning eyes of the offender.

I mean, it's not discrete at all, but... it's clearly awesome.

cyl said:
I mean, it's not discrete at all, but... it's clearly awesome.
To be fair, nothing about Fangs is discrete. Especially given her normal solution involves a screaming ball of fire shaped like a hawk, and as she gets more powerful she essentially gets surrounded by a rings of moonlight.

Sorcery: Fuck subtle, release the Magma Kraken.

I found difficult to describe as majestic an animal not normally seen as such, but ultimately necessary.

Bear with me if the result did not give justice to Tirana and to giraffes.

Sorry if I jumped the gun. Take it as a complement that I enjoy your game and want to play it! 8)

I do take it as a compliment.

I have been busy the last few days, plus a lack of inspiration.

I should be updating within tomorrow, please be patient guys... ^^

I'll be posting too :oops:

What can I say, vacation, lots of anime/series watching and manga/novel reading to catch up with... and still little energy left. I'd have expected to be much more active than that, but it appears my writer's block is back in full force...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back