[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Arynne said:
Not to mention Lunar animas making everything damp and warped...
That's it, this is how Cross will officially look like:

hansel_gretel___cake_house_by_zombieoctopus.jpg

Oh! Oh!

I had thought all that stuff was sort of in addtion to it, sometimes I'm so very silly. If house rules replace the effect of Dawn/Dusk anima from the book, then I don't have to worry about it. Hooray! I guess that means I can start on this plan right now. Well, as soon as we hit another montage point.

I hope I didn't go to far jumping to conclusions about the ways of tracking a solar down. :wink:

@Norts: I was just about to have you roll Man/Wits+Stealth against their awareness to see if they spotted you whispering to Malek...

EDIT: Also, cyl, your reasoning does make sense...

I could have pushed it further realizing that the only thing that I did was to spend large amounts of essence (which might have earned us a decent BLIP on their radar), but it's not something Malek could think of, not under the pressure of the moment at least.

We'll have time for that with the others :wink:

Essence sight applies only to what you can spot, same as Spirit Sight.

Our charms and artifacts normally only give them a bonus on their awareness roll and they can't spot them if we stay in their direct line of sight, we can use the houses as a cover to our advantage (essence sight doesn't pierce through walls).

Malek can't use charms anyway, because it means loosing Walker in the city.

But they may have charms and artifacts of their own... after all they are the wyld hunt.

If we see that stealth isn't a viable option, we'll have to ambush them.

It's not going to be easy, they're tough as hell, but we can use the environment to our advantage to reestablish surprise.

But we have an archer and a close contact fighter. If we play our cards right we might be able to take some of them down, enough for them to consider a retreat... again ! :mrgreen: (but they're really going to be pissed next time)

Problems are, the warstrider and the unknown might of the leader.

I should go out being social, maybe tidy my room, maybe plot to threaten the virtue of that hot chick there or plan a journey in some exotic-sounding location... But no, I'm here, overloading myself with the new scenes for Argis and Fangs... :mrgreen:

Well technically speaking yes. Creation isn't completely flat, what with those mountains, valleys and so fourth. So at some points, some higher than normal grounds is going to block you from seeing further.

Brekkir said:
Seems to me you mistook Feantari for Arynne in the XP thread...
Whoops!

I always confuse ARgis with ARynne, and players with characters. oO

Fixed.

Just don't forget about River and Dove in their thread. I'm having too much fun to be left out. 8)

Sherwood said:
I'm having too much fun to be left out. 8)
Sher, you make me happy! ^^

Don't worry, more explosions coming soon your way. ^^

(As a rule, unless I feel madly inspired, I try to update the oldest thread first).

I know I've been watching too many Power Rangers shows when I want to use Fire Dragon Style to be the Red Ranger...or run a Power Rangers: Dragon Masters game with a brotherhood of Immaculate Dragon Stylists...or make my own Abyssal Doom Fist Style to be the bad guy that inevitably joins the good guys (and is also cooler).

On a more serious note, if I could actually bend my admittedly slight system knowledge toward making a custom style, would that fly almighty ST?

If I had the time I'd actually run that Power Rangers game, but grad school makes my brain hurt.

Power Rang...

You're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater ! :twisted:

@Norts:

viewtopic.php?f=321&t=1061&p=34468&hilit=power+rangers#p34468

The whole thread is full of awesome.

Regarding custom styles, I am not very positive about having to read and think through a whole new charm tree that hasn't even been reviewed by others.

This said, I'd never prevent Pure Awesome, but do notice that I try to keep the standards quite high (see 3-dice stunts...)

Also, there are plenty of sifu in this game, it's just hard to recognize them, as it should be in any wuxia worth its wire-fu.

Yeah, so far Walker hasn't been too good at noticing any of the non-obvious things here without help from cthonic evil entities. I can try though.

I think I still do actually want to learn a martial art, though I'll probably still buy that doom combo for stealthy archery death. I really wish I liked Dark Messiah more, cause it would be easy, but I just can't like it. Currently thinking either Wood Dragon or Fire Dragon. Fire Dragon makes the combat nut in me giggle, but Wood Dragon is more likely to actually do something for Walker's redemption story (I think).

xarvh said:
Also, do you have a horizon proper if Creation is flat? oO
No.

Which is why there is the best exploit ever, involving the Elemental Pole of Earth and the "Kick Everything You to See to Death" martial art.

Norts said:
Yeah, so far Walker hasn't been too good at noticing any of the non-obvious things here without help from cthonic evil entities. I can try though.
I think I still do actually want to learn a martial art, though I'll probably still buy that doom combo for stealthy archery death. I really wish I liked Dark Messiah more, cause it would be easy, but I just can't like it. Currently thinking either Wood Dragon or Fire Dragon. Fire Dragon makes the combat nut in me giggle, but Wood Dragon is more likely to actually do something for Walker's redemption story (I think).
Fangs would learn it from you, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back