[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

They get a fraction of the XPs you get.

IE, every 10 XP Malek gets, Melia gets 6, regardless of what she does.

Could be 5, could be 10, I still have to think about it.

EDIT: Also, River and Dove enter the new scene as soon as they tell me how they will travel.

Hmm, so it's better if I take the charm right as soon as possible... or would she benefit from my total xp retroactively (one can always hope :mrgreen: )

We're both taking our bird forms for a test drive. My totem eagle form can cover vast amounts of distance in a relatively short amout of time.

Although since Dove's flying form is an archaeopte--er, a mospid, she might have to use Hybrid Body Rearrangement instead if she wants to keep up...

Or just run below River in her spirit shape.

I was thinking, "Heh, I should have taken a pteranodon instead..." and then I remembered. :roll:

In Soviet--er, in Creation, pterosaurs write books about YOU.

xarvh said:
In that case if you don't mind, considering the investment I have to make (some 30+ xp and -10m for life...unless I buy an exellency + immanent solar glory for an additional of 28xp) I'd like to have a defined set of rules (earning xp mainly, PAP mentions that each charm is bought 10 xp) in order to buy the whole pack now, "promote" her during a montage as soon as possible.

On another note the charm says "permits him to learn Solar Charms" but doesn't mention restrictions about who actually teaches the charms.

It kinda makes sense that the protege could learn from everyone, since it's only power awarding and not translating a portion of your own power.

Do the others think it's an interesting investment ?!

I think having a mortal hero spy with access to essence 2 solar charms with more or less the same template Malek has right now seriously kicks ass.

It's not as bad ass as having a sorcerer to develop the dominion, but if we have two infiltrators equally gifted... keeping tabs on our neighbours rivals and enemies and dealing with intrigues should be easier.

If she can effectively learn solar charms from anyone, we could build her as a pretty awesome ally with "little effort" combining the ninja pack from Malek with the social pack from Albane.

Still, it's a serious commitment for me, for a possible long run benefit... but I'm not 100% sure it's worth the 60xp cost required to make it work.

It's either that, or starting the long hard and expensive road towards the war tree (which has more or less the same cost).

Didn't realize it before, but moving masses of soldiers or people is a pain in the ass... and even with Trackless Region Navigation which I happen to have, you only get a mere +30% movement rate / day... kinda sucks but still, +30% is better than nothing.

Realistically, you can summon what, 2 demons per day per sorcerer ?!

So 75 days to get a wing if you have one, 38 if you have two... it's not that bad a ratio, but it's kinda messy and it's going to be bad press.

With 38 days you can take soldiers on a 760 miles hike with TRN on... that's not so bad either.

Obviously the spirit wings eviscerate the mortal soldiers... but heh... if you fight with an army of spirits, the superpowers will drop the big guns real soon on our asses.

I started a thread in the library for keeping track of everyone's spellbook - for example, Cunning Fangs knows Infallible Messenger, but I don't think Sherwood knows she does ;)

For the record, XP spending:

Raising Essence to 4 (-32)

Raising Cult to 1 (-3)

Raising Demesne to 3 (-9)

Montage to follow after sleep. Need moar XPs!

Watch out, dude. Siham might be next on that list. :twisted:

Also, Feantari, as soon as you declare Argis' XP spending I'll kick him and Fangs at Sanctuary.

Regardless, you are welcome to continue posting in the Festival.

Oh!, Sorry, I posted it on his XP listy thing awhile back. Just increasing some abilities.

Just got back from vacation time, but I'm about caught up on things. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back