[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Mmmh Midboss, Albane's ship doesn't fly.

I'll learn CCS and the Spirit of Winged Transportation spell (assuming it can be found in the Library) as soon as I can spare the XP for Essence 4, but it won't be soon.

I'll add my XP spending soon. Mostly Integrity increases and some mental defenses.

This one isn't my fault. And Fangs is staying well clear of the next vent ;)

Been a busy week. Could use another day or two, have one more thing for the montage.

To the Lunar players here: http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.as ... ts&t=48200

hatewheel said:
Sleeping Dragon Awakens
Cost: —; Mins: Perception 4, Essence 4; Type: Permanent

Keywords: Native, Overdrive, Stackable

Duration: Permanent

Prerequisite Charms: Watchful Spider Stance

Woe to those who would impugn the Lunar’s lair, for in her heart sleeps a rage for the fallen Age. This Charm grants an empty Overdrive pool with a capacity of ten motes. Filling this pool requires that the character be inside her territory with the prerequisite Charm activated. Once per scene, when the Lunar detects an unwelcome presence in her territory, she gains six offensive motes. As a Lunar’s territory may be vast, Luna’s Chosen have adapted this Charm to circumvent standard limitations. As long as the Lunar and her unwanted guest both remain in the territory, the motes gained from this Charm carry over to the next scene, whereby, if the Lunar continues to detect an alien presence in her territory, she may stack the benefits of this Charm a second time. If the Lunar’s offensive capacity is insufficient, her protean Essence expands to encompass the overflow, temporarily raising her offensive pool’s capacity. For example, if her Overdrive pool has a ten mote capacity, in the second scene of activation it would expand to 12, then 18 for a third scene, and so on.

The Lunar’s offensive pool returns to its default capacity in the following scene if the invaders die or leave the Lunar’s territory, or if the Lunar is Incapacitated or leaves the territory herself. If the scene ends and no further threats to the Lunar are detected within her territory, the Lunar’s offensive pool resets to zero motes. Note that this Charm does not function to give the Lunar motes against threats which she has no intention of removing. The Lunar must conceive of the targets as a threat to her territory such that their continued presence would threaten her life or revoke her metaphysical ownership of the region.

A Lunar’s Overdrive pool, expanded over multiple scenes by use of this Charm, has an ultimate capacity of 50 motes.
Consider that there are Charms in design that enable a Lunar to claim their Solar mate's entire kingdom as their 'lair'.

Who said the Ink Monkeys didn't love Lunar? 50 motes Overdrive pools FTW!

Just remember that Ink Monkey stuff need my explicit approval.

There is a lot of good there, but also a lot of awful.

Norts said:
Yay seven resonance!
I suggest you vent some of it before you go with me into Mirunda, you're likely to get an eruption there, and it would suck bad for you, or me, or both.

Yup.

Just record the various blights/deformities/wounds and horrors that you will be subject when in Mirunda.

Since we have done some recon now, can we have more details about our nearby neighbors within our quadrant ?

The ones that have a potential interest for us, either for trade, conquest, or because they represent a danger / potential ally.

Yeah, more work for you, but if you do this more or less like you've done with the Cross, it's easy and intelligible and it can give us a good perception of our social environment, and will probably give us more ideas and possibly will lead to more initiative.

Xarvh,

Need to write Fangs finding her someday Manse. Would you prefer reopening the Festival, or a quick side-thread?

@cyl: you guys will have tto wait for the end of the current scenes.

Then you will have a more complete view.

Also, you don't have complete information, for example, in the case of Sanctuary.

@CI: Not right now.

I can't afford to follow more scenes that there are open now.

Also, it is up to Siham to study the documents in the Library and find out the locations of the secondary Manses.

Our twilight as A LOT of things to do and this is why I decided to give him his own Scene.

Fangs rose her Essence, so she won't have other idle time available.

IIRC we need new Manses for: Fangs, Argis, River.

Am I leaving someone out?

Manses: Fangs, Argis, River, Albane

Christmas comes in June...

EDIT: Also, just to make it clear, these will be 2 or 3 dots at most, and will come with some trouble: uncapped demesnes at best, or occupied already.

Note to Siham and River: Melhevil presents some ruins and in some places they say you can find parts for artifact building, including warstriders. :wink:

xarvh said:
@CI: Not right now.

I can't afford to follow more scenes that there are open now.

Also, it is up to Siham to study the documents in the Library and find out the locations of the secondary Manses.

Our twilight as A LOT of things to do and this is why I decided to give him his own Scene.

Fangs rose her Essence, so she won't have other idle time available.
Was going to have her stumble upon the uncapped Demesne during her flight from ScaryWalker.

Also, wouldn't it be up to Fangs? Incarnation of the woman who came up with the theory, and person JustAsSmartAsSiham? Regardless of timing.

CrazyIvan said:
Was going to have her stumble upon the uncapped Demesne during her flight from ScaryWalker.
Also, wouldn't it be up to Fangs? Incarnation of the woman who came up with the theory, and person JustAsSmartAsSiham? Regardless of timing.
And there I thought you were in just for the drama, you power player! =P

Anyway.

Rising your Essence from 3 to 4 takes a good deal of time and effort.

Either you do research on dragon lines, either you train your Essence.

We are dedicating a whole scene to Siham so that he can advance all the projects we have boiling, study the manse and learn more about Agatha and whatever else.

If you want to do research instead, we can send Siham to Tirana and then in the Wyld, and have Fangs play housewife in the Library.

Or we can ask Siham to focus on other stuff, and let Fangs do the dragon lines research once she's back, this means that the new Demesnes will be spotted at the end of the next interlude rather than just before.

Fangs is in a unique position to understand and deal with Tirana, even better than Albane.

If you ask me, it was a very smart move, I didn't expect it.

Also, her brains will be very busy very soon...

Uh, just in case, Chapter 2 is where we scale up our game to 'Epic' size...

Expect fitting enemies, it won't be unusual to take a beating here and there.

I'm quite curious to see what the Walker wants with us... although I have an idea or two... but they don't mean anything good for us ! :|

Yeah, it was less a "but I wanna do it now!" objection, as much as a "Siham will have enough on his plate in this chapter, and the next, and the next...someone should be able to help take the smartypants work off him for a bit."

But Essence 4 is a bigger deal, so whatevs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back