[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Aaargh, once again I'm waylaid by sickness, apprehension of this semester's results, and The Witcher 2 (come to think of it, I play The Witcher to avoid thinking of my impending doom - I mean, last exams' marks ).

How much IRL time left for me to post something? End of the week, two hours, yesterday?

Brekkir said:
How much IRL time left for me to post something? End of the week, two hours, yesterday?
For punishment you will be left without an answer, forever to dwell into the uncertainty.

xarvh said:
Guys, remember that this is a montage, so while you act in the festival you can just as well make a post outside the current scene where you describe what you do in these three weeks.
Should these outside current scene things be in a new thread?

No, that's the whole point of a montage.

just use a bold caption if you are unsure.

Somewhere in the forest

Argis recites once more the part he's preparing for the show about the love affairs of his illustrious grandfather and internal decorator Peleps Suraya... blah blah blah

As for better renegade theme exploitation, well...I need some pointers. xD
If I may...

Perhaps focus less on the "them" and more on the "you".

I've read your interlude and, while really awesome, strangely I had the impression that you're victimizing your character a bit too much.

Like it's not his fault, but theirs and that they force him to do things, or that he's not alone in his mind... in truth he's the one who let the darkness in and was consumed by it. All that he is now is his own fault and rebelling against his own nature often takes its toll on him and his surroundings.

I think you could add more depth lessening that "the voices in my head" part and adding more "stay away from me for your own good, I'm dangerous !*". (that and the fact that your whispers rating is not high enough to justify such a deep connection between you and them).

Your choices of taking Branding and Stigmata were excellent, and I suggest you follow that path, making the hold of the Neverborn less "personalized" and more "dark energy - like".

You're not struggling against them, they are not the enemy... you're at war with yourself, your curse is your power, and it will punish you for straying from the path of the Champion of Oblivion you were supposed to follow.

The Neverborn do not watch your every move, they just don't have to... even if you don't want to follow their plan and work actively against them, they made sure your curse will backfire on you and those around you if you become a bad deathknight, so you'll generate chaos, sadness, and ultimately death... you were screwed the moment you said "yes" !

Now you just have to figure out a way around that.

* a real chick magnet :twisted:

I was thinking about posting a training montage for River with Cunning Fangs teaching her demon summoning, and picking up her two new stamina charms, but I don't want to post something with Fangs without the player's ok for it. Any complaints?

Sherwood said:
I was thinking about posting a training montage for River with Cunning Fangs teaching her demon summoning, and picking up her two new stamina charms, but I don't want to post something with Fangs without the player's ok for it. Any complaints?
Feel free, though if you need large chunks of Fangs participating, we can also do a combined post via PM if you'd like.

Either way is fine with me.

cyl said:
As for better renegade theme exploitation, well...I need some pointers. xD
If I may...

Perhaps focus less on the "them" and more on the "you".

I've read your interlude and, while really awesome, strangely I had the impression that you're victimizing your character a bit too much.

Like it's not his fault, but theirs and that they force him to do things, or that he's not alone in his mind... in truth he's the one who let the darkness in and was consumed by it. All that he is now is his own fault and rebelling against his own nature often takes its toll on him and his surroundings.

I think you could add more depth lessening that "the voices in my head" part and adding more "stay away from me for your own good, I'm dangerous !*". (that and the fact that your whispers rating is not high enough to justify such a deep connection between you and them).

Your choices of taking Branding and Stigmata were excellent, and I suggest you follow that path, making the hold of the Neverborn less "personalized" and more "dark energy - like".

You're not struggling against them, they are not the enemy... you're at war with yourself, your curse is your power, and it will punish you for straying from the path of the Champion of Oblivion you were supposed to follow.

The Neverborn do not watch your every move, they just don't have to... even if you don't want to follow their plan and work actively against them, they made sure your curse will backfire on you and those around you if you become a bad deathknight, so you'll generate chaos, sadness, and ultimately death... you were screwed the moment you said "yes" !

Now you just have to figure out a way around that.

* a real chick magnet :twisted:
This...isn't how I read the idea of the renegade theme at all. While there's still good stuff in there, none of that makes you "renegade". You could just as easily follow that advice and end up a loyalist.

The way I currently see if is that Walker is mostly having resonance put on him. He got some for hanging around the Cross. He got some for dancing with a pretty girl. But he didn't go looking for it - these things happened to him.

I think, as you hinted at with the candle imagery in your post, that Walker now has hope. There's a little, tiny piece of him that the Neverborn can't touch. It's time to figure out how to make that bigger. It's time to accumulate Resonance through *active* defiance. Go up to a girl and kiss her full on the lips. Because fuck you dead primordials, you don't own me.

Even if they do.

@Cyl: I think the Neverborn will be as present as I please.

My main aim is that as long as Norts controls Abyssal drawbacks, Walker will be on guard, but not Norts.

So I want to add some more challenge, uncertainty and surprise not only for the character, but also for the player.

@Sherwood: PM your post to CI before submitting it.

What are the rules on acquiring Intimacies in this game? I want to work on Dove developing an Intimacy towards the people of Cross (not just Malek :wink: ).

Whenever it makes sense and is best for your interpretation of the character.

Just declare it OOC so that I am aware of it.

Again :wink:
Xarvh: hmm I think I can throw in a few ideas your way about that matter.

CI: I think that rebellion and taking the road to redemption are two separate things, right now I think that he's not taking this road yet but still rebelling.

As per the candle metaphore it's time to make this light inside of him grow, but, IMHO, the "voices in my head" schtick takes away too much of the the dark & hopeless side of the character which I really dig with renegade DKs (very Spawn like). Very complex and tortured characters.

He let the darkness in out of desperation, ignorance and or selfishness, he became a creature of darkness, he sold his soul and took the deal, he made that choice to become a plague for Creation... and now he has to live with the consequences that moment of weakness forever.

He has become a creature of darkness, that is not who, but what he is, and it seems he can't change it... still he'll try (out of desperation, rage, defiance, love, hope, whatever reasons Norts wants to choose), and won't stop trying... but it will mean hurting others, plenty, and he knows it.

They don't owe him, IMHO he probably already realized that and passed that point when he went away, he knows he can do think and be what he wants, he feels his free will, but he also knows it comes with a price.

That's the whole deal with the road to redemption.

If you do nothing, nothing changes, but if you do something good, then something bad is bound to happen... how can you try to do some good considering the evil you will bring to this world ?! The more good you'll do, the more suffering you will cause... it's an endless vicious circle you're caught in, and one you got yourself into on your own...

That's just a personal ideas and friendly feedback... I really appreaciate what you do with the character so far and it's absolutely not a "you're doing it wrong" comment I'm making here, but more of a "if you can throw in a bit of this and that in the mix, that's going to be even more awesome !" :)

Oh well, I finally managed to type something. The recent pressure had me on a writer's block of sorts, but now that I know everything seems ok...

Ok, I've got 48 xp in stock and I had a couple thoughts on it's expendenture.

Seeing how sorcery has turned to be useful for other party members (in particular, that summon building spell), he would wish to learn it himself. He'd ask River if she can tutor him on the matter (since he trusts her the most).

I have 59 xps to spend.

I need 33 of them to get the perfect dodge and the spirit sight charm (since I'm going to Mirunda), so that leaves me with 26 free.

I could raise presence and get RMP / get mantis form, and perhaps start the long path towards Power Awarding Prana (highly recommend it for Siham also).

ST: any clues on how you'll handle teaching / training charms to power awarded mortals ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back