[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Okay then, after / if we survive / the Mirunda recon, I'll use some downtime to bring in / steal some jade (would give me an excuse to raise Stealth & Larceny).

xarvh said:
@Feantari: I have no problems with it, but mind that Medicine is just as needed (Zenjo covered that as well).
Ah, hmm. I guess I was thinking Siham would probably have some medicine with the new genesis manse and all. If we need he can work on medicine later, but I think the mote discount is probably going to be more helpful for war type charms.. could be wrong though. Or, do we have someone else interested in working on war type things? (Argis would be looking at tactics mean everything, and the charms up to and including the first training charm(s) for starters.. it seems like the sort of setting in which one could actually make use of those)

I'll start to buy some more Social abilities... I think by Monday I should have looked at it.

Will there be enough downtime for a social combo?

Feantari said:
I think the mote discount is probably going to be more helpful for war type charms.. could be wrong though. Or, do we have someone else interested in working on war type things?
Since Dove is probably going to end up either a very eloquent Full Moon or an extremely martial Changing Moon, some of those Charisma Charms for training and leading military units in mass combat should probably go near the top of my list...

Feantari said:
Argis would be looking at tactics mean everything, and the charms up to and including the first training charm(s) for starters..
With the house ruling on mass combat, Tactics Mean Everything is kinda moot.

The training charms however will be very useful.

Brekkir said:
Will there be enough downtime for a social combo?
Yes, especially considering that the last Scene was spent being social...

Arynne said:
Since Dove is probably going to end up either a very eloquent Full Moon or an extremely martial Changing Moon, some of those Charisma Charms for training and leading military units in mass combat should probably go near the top of my list...
Dove could indeed fill the War void, but decide this with Feantari and Norts.

Three chars able to act competently in mass combat wouldn't even be many, however, and Norts may want to avoid his training harms...

Given the heavy selective pressure of the last events, a good 1500 people out of 2000 refugees can effectively serve as soldiers.

Still, Cross has a very small population, and the problem will worsen should you decide to split.

Yeah, I think my training charms would not be very friendly. Walker can certainly assist in teaching the community, just not in a magically enhanced way. Also, I do intend for Walker to pick up some War training, and things like Glorious Carnage Typhoon.

OOC Context for the last thing, and FangsMath:

Thousand Tailed Viper was a Lunar scholar with a particular fondness for the Sword of Creation as a subject. She had developed a theory that the Essence of Creation, concentrated in the dragon lines, sits ontop/within/upon/beside/simultaneously with Creation, like a metaphysical sheet.

Where a particularly powerful Manse draws it up to a concentrated point, it creates a void around it, followed by another swell of Essence before it subsides again. Like a drop of water in a pond, or certain forms of the Mexican Hat equation. Which means one could reliably predict where a demesne would be without knowledge of the nearby dragon lines.

Which explains things like the powerful concentration of Manses in Lookshy, or the ring of defensive war manses in the Blessed Isle. The Library was her next project, but a certain First Age she-fiend got in the way...

Cool.

Can you add these details to your charsheet?

I will soon close the Behemoth.

Please discuss OOC how you want to escape from it, the escape will be in my first post of the montage scene.

Consider that the four of you may very well have spent a couple of weeks inside there, just reading and looking around despite the lack of food.

And that would explain how I came out of it with two new spells and two new Charms.

Hmm, Walker can use Raiton's Nimble Perch to go a-jumping out, though I'm not sure how he'd be able to help anyone else out of there. Don't think I have enough experience to get to essence 4 and get that charm that lets me jump through the dreams of the Neverborn.

Sherwood said:
And that would explain how I came out of it with two new spells and two new Charms.
One Terrestrial Circle spell can do.

More, you will need Training Mointage.

Write down something on your computer if you feel inspired, but keep it till I open the montage scene.

I want to wait for Walker, Midboss, Fangs, River to let me know how they go out.

Let's say that if we don't have something in a couple of days, I'll decide how did they do (but it's less XP for them).

Getting out the same way we came in won't be a problem now that we know what to expect. I can carry Siham, Walker can run out, and Fangs can take a bird form and fly out on her own.

Also, I'll edit my character sheet for just one spell for now. I just need to decide which one to learn. 8) Probably stick with Infallible Messenger, to communicate with the others on the surface that we are all fine and not to panic, and it will come in handy in future threads.

The tunnel cannot be flown into.

Fangs can take a small form and let Walker carry her.

It's doable.

If the tunnel is not filled with blood.

If the behemoth does not kick again.

If some horrid monster doesn't slither out of the walls.

If I do not come out with some other stupidity...

Yeah, I'm feeling good.

The other possibility that would make access easier for us in the future is for me to summon a earth elemental or two and use them to make a access tunnel up from the genesis chamber, since it is so close to the surface to allow sunlight inside. I would like to try and avoid that if possible, because any work done on the manse might damage it further unless we take our time and study the possible effects our work might have on the geomancy and stability of the area. We are in a caldera, after all.

I figure Mongoose-Fangs will just ride with Walker.

If we're only leaving with the barest hint of things, then we need to establish a access route back in, preferably not one so heavily blood-and-dying based, to continue. Because there are spells down there.

Unless if the Norts's busy / doesn't want to, I'd like to open an interlude with Walker & Malek.

If they're going to go to Mirunda, Malek's going to need to know him a bit, and learn more about combat, and the underworld and the dead.

Plus he's just curious about him... this whole "deathknight / lunar mate" thing intrigues him a lot.

I thought it could be a sparring session (non lethal small duels) with with some chit chat.

Well, River plans on spending some time on a quest with Dove to judge her for the upcomming tattoos that she has coming, now that I have the Charm for it. I remember hearing something about the curse over Dedansor going away... perhaps we can explore the city together (along with anyone that wants to come, of course).

Sherwood said:
Well, River plans on spending some time on a quest with Dove to judge her for the upcomming tattoos that she has coming, now that I have the Charm for it. I remember hearing something about the curse over Dedansor going away... perhaps we can explore the city together (along with anyone that wants to come, of course).
Albane was the one that had collected some vague rumors about it.

Ok, montage scene is up.

I want to close the Behemoth quickly, and you want the XPs to spend in the montage...

Remember that the Library is not safe for mortals to access until there are so many hazards.

Siham's probably going to be spending the post manse quest drawing plans with the town leaders for some early fortifications and other infrastructure.

Those not so friendly lunar neighboors and their army make him a little nervous. He'll also, assuming the access made by River a stable, make occasional forrays into the Manse to clean up the place and categorise knowledge.

Are the folks out of the behemoth to post in the Festival thread? My next post was to summon a swarm of elementals to make our tunnel out, so we should be clear by now, depending on the timing of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back