[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

@Arynne - Kacie's offer applies to me as well. My PM box is open.

cyl said:
@CrazyIvan : I speak of that bond because while the mate is different with every incarnation, Fangs' bond isn't. Mirror could have been a complete asshole (see Widow / HAM...) or could be tormenting Fangs like her mate did in the First Age because solars and their twisted versions have that kind of independence over lunars who can be loyal to a flaw.

That certainty is an "illusion" dictated by the shard... and on principle, I have no idea how or if a Lunar can lower their solar bond, or if it is even acceptable to raise it through xp... somehow, I'm guessing it isn't.
There's actually no mechanical suggestion that Solar Bond is a fixed value over incarnations. The only Lunar who is really "defined" by her Solar Bond score is Lilith, and she hasn't died yet. There's no clear indication if nuLilith would have such a high Bond score.

Furthermore, Fangs is perfectly capable of resisting her Bond. It would blow, mechanically, because I've paid for 5 dots in a Background, but for a social character vs. a non-social Solar mate, it's possible. About half her Bond disadvantage is offset by Perfect Symmetry, even against Mirror, and the other have can be dealt with via higher scores in things or Perfect Social Defenses. The only problem is Non-social Lunar vs. Social Solar, at which point the Lunar is just screwed eight ways from Sunday.

The bond is indeed less strong between Flicker / Malek as it always has been. The two have been working together for thousands of years, but they have no problem leaving each other side in critical moments to further their common objectives. We've been playing the "emotional connection" on the human side with Arynne, and less the shard-past lives stuff.
It's a very different kind of connection, and obviously it takes more time to develop into something as strong and overwhelming as Fangs' bond, and there are obviously often hiccups down the road, but I highly disagree with that "on her side" point.

Apart from the monster thread where Malek pushed things veeeeery far to protect all the parties involved from a nuclear conflict, Malek has been nothing but supportive with her.

I'd even go as far as saying he tried to stop her from getting to that place she's in right now suggesting other ways besides the duel, considering it had a rather small chance of success.

Obviously after his little detour in the Labyrinth, his reason for supporting her are nothing like what it was before he got brain-raped, but still. He knows she needs to be on top of her game if the two of them are to go anywhere.
Note I never said that Malek isn't on Flicker's side. I am merely contesting that the source of Fangs'...Fangs-ness...is her Bond. And her bond is what gives her that source of certainty because Mirror has been given the potential to snap her mind like a twig, and hasn't. She hasn't even tried. Or probed what she could do. She knows her past-self was capable of some monstrous acts, and she's upset when Fangs does something that even suggests that path.

Essentially, Cunning Fangs knows her mate is on her side because if Mirror wasn't, her mind would no longer be entirely her own - or at the very least that she'd have to fight for it. Flicker doesn't have that assurance. But that doesn't mean anything about Malek.

In short: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. But it is still an absence of evidence.

cyl said:
@Arynne : so you mean that, despite all the signals, Flicker still had some hope that this Ankss business was going to be handled using reason and the weight of sacred traditions ?
If so, yeah I understand better the way it went down in her head. She had hope and was proven oh so wrong. It must be a sad moment for her indeed.

Forget I said anything, didn't see things from that perspective. :)
Flicker is always expecting traditional approaches to work best. Haven’t you noticed that by now?

The Cross’s army is organized according to the Thousand Correct Actions; the Cross’s religious and professional associations are based on either Dragon King traditions or the traditions of Flicker’s hometown; and Flicker constantly repeats, “well, my sifu says…”

@Arynne : nope, I didn't see the weight of traditions bearing so heavily on Flicker... we are going to have to challenge that > :)

@CrazyIvan : I meant that Flicker can completely have the same "absolute, unassailable certainty that there is one being in Creation who is fully "on her side"." because 1- the solar never turned on her in their past lives, they've always been rather free from that kind of bonds 2- Malek has always been supportive of her. It is she who "turned her back", not the other way around.

Even if he doesn't care about the Dragon Kings, he offers to help "saving them" as easily as he was suggesting Mirror & Fangs should destroy them when he realizes the damage the rejection has done to his mate.

He loves his women and wants what's best for them :)

@Arynne: I would appreciate if you could expand on this, via PM if necessary.

Arynne said:
Well, I'm certainly glad my roleplaying choices meet with the Storyteller's approval! *whew*
@Feantari: The hatchlings are still just too young in IC time for them to be viable PCs, unless you really want to play a PC-enlightened chick.

I'd rather have you play one of the scattered Ankss DKs, in which case you can use the Modern Dragon King template plus 250 XPs.

@cyl: You can begin to draft down your Alchemical.

I will need some time before I can give you more details though.

xarvh said:
I will need some time before I can give you more details though.
About Two Worlds you mean ?

That is okay, in the mean time we can build scenes among ourselves to chat about our plans.

xarvh said:
About creating the new PCs.
For Two Worlds, I need to know how you plan to approach it.
Penultimate post of page 387, with Flicker's help we'll go even faster.

Ok. Will try to open a reckon scene later today.

CI, Arynne, Kacie, do you need a scene on your own?

@CrazyIvan : Malek is not being jeering, he's just following his Motivation: protect the weak against Greed. He advises Fangs to avoid a recipe for disaster. It is a fair warning, not a campaign against Mirror at all, on the contrary. Wasn't clear in my previous post so I tried to make it clearer this time.

xarvh said:
Ok. Will try to open a reckon scene later today.
CI, Arynne, Kacie, do you need a scene on your own?
It is unlikely that Malek will leave Flicker alone, especially considering the state she's in... but if you want a scene for the three of you, he can probably go and kick some guards in the nuts or explore the Manse (the war room seemed rather interesting).

This scene doesn't feel finished.

Mirror very much wants to take the orichalcum daiklaive, but not while Flicker is unresponsive. The Corpse Questioning Technique answers can be done off-stage.

Really, it's up to Arynne.

Given how much ink has been spilled...er, pixels?...during Flicker's dramatic pause, a check-in with Fangs and Mirror would probably be appropriate.

cyl said:
@CrazyIvan : Malek is not being jeering, he's just following his Motivation: protect the weak against Greed. He advises Fangs to avoid a recipe for disaster. It is a fair warning, not a campaign against Mirror at all, on the contrary. Wasn't clear in my previous post so I tried to make it clearer this time.
The problem is the summation is essentially "Don't be either one of you." It's also more than a little bit counterfactual. I'm pretty sure the best way to move the scene forward is sadly for Fangs to be a touch dismissive.

Well Mirror isn't her soulsteel suit or blade... change those and keep things personal between you and the swamp people ("follow Mirror" instead of "search the good in the darkness") and you should be golden.

That what he is saying.

I was holding Flicker's response until we saw if Fangs' gambit would work or not. If it doesn't...well, that's what Charms like Lion's Voice Command are for...

Arynne said:
I was holding Flicker's response until we saw if Fangs' gambit would work or not. If it doesn't...well, that's what Charms like Lion's Voice Command are for...
Indeed.
Xarvh, be so kind as to take care of that scene before starting another in Two Worlds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back