[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

@xarvh : searching through the books I have found in the codex two HS that replicate (sort of) anima powers.

Would it be possible to get one or an artifact with effects similar to the Night Caste power of not flaring anima banner ?

The way I see it the only good thing about being an Eclipse besides the sacred oath is the diplomatic immunity tied to the spirit world & the faes... and it's not going to be useful unless I start working with those more closely (which so far wasn't really in the cards or the object of a scene).

There's a lot of work to be done in the realm of Man and Malek's predispositions give him quite an edge to do that, but at the same time, he's limited by how much essence he can spend before blowing his cover... so even though I appreciate a good challenge, I feel those kind of constraints will de facto limit how far I can go with Malek and my margin for error.

So I feel I need something (besides a handful of motes per additional dot of essence) in order to be able to use stealth / larceny charms and also be able to use charms without automatically risking exposure.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a stealth charm that makes it harder to flair anima. Hooding the Sun, or something like that.

Yup:

SWALLOWING THE SUN

Cost: 2wp, 1hl;

Mins: Stealth 4, Essence 3;

Type: Simple (Speed 3, DV -2)

Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Oblivion- Consigned Essence), Obvious

Duration: Instant

Prerequisite Charms: None

Uniting her mind and Essence in a supreme act of will, the Lawgiver snuffs out her own radiance by drawing her anima banner into her body and extinguishing it. Further expenditures flare the banner from the beginning, as though the Solar had not previously spent any Peripheral Essence in the scene.

On a side note, I always thought that magic rocks that can mimic anima powers were pretty bullshit. Anima powers are supposed to be unique things that only the Chosen have, not something that any joe schmo with a manse can grab.

Re Swallowing the Sun: yeah... well that stuff makes you bleed from the nose like you're a boy seeing pantsies in a friggin manga :D

My angle isn't to snuff out the anima banner, it's to prevent the first stages of "solar alarm".

IIRC there's another charm that shifts the beginning of the anima manifestations from 5m or something like that... might be worth it to take it 2-3 times.

edit: ah yep, that's hooding the solar lantern (DOTFA p.64)... unfortunately, it can be only taken once before essence 6-stealth 6. Ah well... that's still something... unless the ST is compliant enough and allows me to buy it more than once (like OBT) :)

xarvh said:
Care to give the the page number?
There's the Oathstone (Codex p.106), and the Stone of Final Rest (next page).

I agree with JayTee, anima powers should be unique.

If you need more Personal, you can still increase your Essence and your WP.

You are still at Ess 3 after how many hundred of XPs?

As an alternative, you can get Big K out of the coma and ask her to revert you or something.

I agree with JayTee, anima powers should be unique.
So do I... but I have a specific need that can't be satisfied through conventional means.

If you need more Personal, you can still increase your Essence and your WP.

You are still at Ess 3 after how many hundred of XPs?
Raising essence to 4 is a priority, wp on the other hand: costly and not as effective.
And it doesn't really help delaying the anima banner for an Eclipse.

HtSL kind of does.It's not as powerful as the Night Caste primary power, but it's still something.

As an alternative, you can get Big K out of the coma and ask her to revert you or something.
I guess that that should be a group decision.

The night caste power is interesting for my undercover work and will help me go by unnoticed and work a hell of a lot faster, but losing the diplomatic immunity may be not as interesting.

@Arynne -- your last IC post was really cool, but you didn't state any mechanics (ie, dash, attack, etc.). Maybe not an issue since it sounds like all you can do right now is pull up scene-longs and charge towards the opponent?

Yeah, she's Moving towards him. Not Dashing (in case there's a reason he's staying where he is; besides, it's hard to do in water even if you're aquatic-adapted!).

Sure, I'll just have her activate her Sonar and/or Serpentine Tongue Mutations as well.

What do you want from the clerk?

More importantly, what plans do you guys have?

I'm not sure the burocracy is epic enough for the IC...

@Arynne: you let me know when / if you want to use the "diplomatic immunity" card.

The duel was for the Elder, not the God of Divine Right, Patron of Duelists, Mediator of Lawful Competition.

@xarvh : now that I think about it, shouldn't Malek have detected the presence of the god earlier ?

Or perhaps the god is not present but has granted some sort of "epic favor" to the elder ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back