[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Going to wait on posting Mirror's reaction until Xarvh rules on the stigmata happening now or later.

EDIT:

@xarvh - going to spend 1m to use the suit's sensors to see if there's Bloom Spores around. Are there? (Figured I'd save time and ask both questions now.)

Kacie said:
Going to wait on posting Mirror's reaction until Xarvh rules on the stigmata happening now or later.
EDIT:

@xarvh - going to spend 1m to use the suit's sensors to see if there's Bloom Spores around. Are there? (Figured I'd save time and ask both questions now.)
Amusingly, if this works, I've thought of another mechanism to protect Mirror from the Blood.

The Stigmata would cause you penalties that may affect the Scene and should happen now.

As long as you are willing to apply the mechanics now, I'm more than happy to keep the drama for later.

@Kacie: There are a few spores here and there, but, as usual, several on Flicker and Malek, fewer on Fangs.

xarvh said:
The Stigmata would cause you penalties that may affect the Scene and should happen now.
As long as you are willing to apply the mechanics now, I'm more than happy to keep the drama for later.
That seems reasonable - Fangs trying to hold all that inside her probably isn't great for doing other things.

I'll wait for Arynne to post before moving things on.

Until then, feel free to keep up the banter.

CrazyIvan said:
lol - Malek is about to get Fangs another point of Resonance, isn't he?
Yeah... I didn't think read the little spoiler box until it was too late, sorry about that :D

She doesn't have to answer him right now though, something like "I would like to, but I don't want to draw their attention to me, not until Ankss is secured." will perfectly do.

Considering he knows how invading the Neverborn can be and what they can make her do when they are closely watching her, Malek will completely understand without flinching.

It's up to Kacie.

@xarvh : still talking with Arynne about our plans and the way we are going to handle the next phase to finalize Malek 3.0.

Otherwise, guys, we're planning our next moves with Arynne for F&M at the moment - huh have you ever noticed that both couples have the same initials ? Fangs / Mirror, Flicker / Malek, life is full of fun facts :D - and I want to make sure that 1- we're not stealing a scene from you 2- we don't walk alone if others want to join scenes / help.

So after Ankss (unless we become DK chow of course or some other catastrophic event arises) our next moves are going to be: Two Wolrds + taking care of those demon summoners who are killing heroes and who managed to leave HAM for dead.

We have other plans regarding dominion affairs, and other more personal stuff, but we'll be sharing them once we've determined our priorities, the rest we can talk about in the OOC and Projects threads.

If anyone wants / needs their help with anything that you feel will require a scene in the near future or want to join us for our two next moves, feel free to step in :)

Fangs is suffering from Stigmata right now, it just doesn't show.

Given Mirror's Per+Inv however, she may be able to get a clue.

I'll leave this to decide between the two of you.

Yeah, I'd say that Mirror is both perceptive enough, knows Fangs well enough, and can actively feel Mirror's existence being different (what with not being a CoD, breathing easier and no Resonance) to guess that Fangs is in a tremendous amount of pain, but hiding it well.

I expect the DK to answer Flicker's opening statement. I'm waiting to post as Mirror, figuring that there should be some formal recognition declaration that Flicker has assumed part of Mirror's claim, and Mirror's open intent regarding her life-debt to Flicker and how that interacts with the blood duel -- but it goes after the DK speaks.

Normally I'd say "the least they know the better", but considering you're presently not a CoD, which is a big deal for them since those are specifically on the shit list by Big Daddy Sun's decree (and we know at least one of them has the ability to recognize them, since he spotted Walker a while back ago)... dunno, maybe that could pass.

It's not like it could be your fault the only MM armor & weapon around you could pick up were made of soulsteel ! :tongue:

It's going to be strange though if one day they realize they've been tricked and they see the real Mirror...

Faithful Companion Redemption

Cost: –

Mins: Charisma 4, Essence 4

Type: Permanent

Keyword: Holy

Duration: Permanent

Prerequisite Charms: Love Endures

Luna's chosen were created as Creation's champions, and long have the tended their posts. They may stand before the eyes of Creation and Yu-Shan, and vouch for their mate, securing their place in Creation with their own Essence and Will. As long as the Lunar is in the presence of their Abyssal mate, they are not considered a Creature of Darkness – even the Unconquered Sun can be reminded of the hope of redemption. Alternately, the Lunar may commit 5 motes of Essence to manifest a token of their love, which allows this effect to be applied from afar. If the Lunar's Abyssal mate is redeemed, his shard cleansed and restored to a Solar Exaltation, the Lunar loses this Charm and regains the experience points required to learn it.

Hmmm... wouldn't it be better to have the essence committed to the target directly ? Kind of like Power Awarding Prana ?

The token part feels kind of wrong, that can be easily stolen, lost or destroyed.

cyl said:
Hmmm... wouldn't it be better to have the essence committed to the target directly ? Kind of like Power Awarding Prana ?
The token part feels kind of wrong, that can be easily stolen, lost or destroyed.
Mechanically? Yes

Thematically?

leighton_ladys_favor.jpg

No.

For an essence 4 lunar charm branding a corrupted mate as not a CoD... wow.

Should have played an akuma :D

What I meant was I didn't even know it was possible to take the CoD brand off through powers.

And from what I've gathered from a quick look at the books, making people CoD is neither essence 4 nor lunar.

Considering what you've been through with this character already, catching that kind of breaks couldn't hurt, and you are not in a position to take it yourself, so I'm not challenging the pertinence of its presence in Mirror/Fangs' story.

I was just taken aback by the implications on the system.

Very, very few CoD can afford a sympathetic Lunar Mate.

As far as we know, that's Mirror and possibly the Widow, and I don't see Hard as Mountains anywhere near to get the necessary Charms or even having a solid understanding of what a CoD is.

I doubt it could only apply to 2 out of... what's the number on deathknigths again ? 50+ ?

I'm okay with taking the CoD sticker glued on Mirror's helmet off... she already has the Bloom + being caught in an armor all the time (I don't wanna know what or how she eats and drinks) + the Resonance... the gal could use the free pass.

Again, just talking purely mechanics here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back