[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

It's been good to have you around man.

I hope our paths will cross each other again some time, and keep it awesome !

Good luck, Wlf Samurai - hope things calm down for you soon.

@xarvh - do you intend to open a new scene in a different thread, or will we keep going in the "Together" thread? I'd like to do a short "meanwhile" post, but if you're opening a new thread, I'll wait. Thanks!

Arynne being ready to release the krakken on the DKs if they refuse the duel, I think we're ready to go.

(Flicker is not ready to release the Kraken; she just means she's not returning the chicks without a quid pro quo. If we and the Hidden Judge can't persuade them to accept, she may very well end up in a losing fight against Fangs and Mirror, as she prophesied.

She also isn't going to tell Malek that, because he totally wouldn't understand. )

Last edited by a moderator:
xarvh said:
I'd definitely open a new Scene.
In fact, I think we're pretty ready to go.

@Kacie, what were you thinking about?
Not much; flavor stuff, and a question Mirror wants to ask Fangs as they wait for Flicker & Malek to return.

I'd like to start Just Outside Ankss as the four of you wait for the return of the Judge. Would it work?

Arynne said:
(Flicker is not ready to release the Kraken; she just means she's not returning the chicks without a quid pro quo. If we and the Hidden Judge can't persuade them to accept, she may very well end up in a losing fight against Fangs and Mirror, as she prophesied.
She also isn't going to tell Malek that, because he totally wouldn't understand. )
No he wouldn't, not with Compassion 2. The days where Malek was a caring guy are long gone. Now he just goes behind backs and breaks necks without hesitation.

Fortunately for Flicker, he likes her... so he'd just smother her into unconsciousness to protect her and leave Ankss to Mirror and Fangs. :D

Flicker is in a bad position, as her stewardship, as she sees it, covers two conflicting areas -- three if you count Malek himself! And while she has come to accept the idea of doing the greatest good for the greatest number (which is why she didn't run off wildly looking for Malek when he got caught), there are a very large number of people in Ankss.

Arynne said:
Flicker is in a bad position, as her stewardship, as she sees it, covers two conflicting areas -- three if you count Malek himself! And while she has come to accept the idea of doing the greatest good for the greatest number (which is why she didn't run off wildly looking for Malek when he got caught), there are a very large number of people in Ankss.
If it comes to it, Cunning Fangs will do her best to work with Flicker to assuage some of that.

@xarvh - in the xp write-ups, I see there's "Engineering Bonus" 2xp and "Intelligence Bonus" 4xp in some of the scenes; how do those work? Are those added to the flat total of the scene, or are they put towards something else?

Thanks!

EDIT: also, now have enough xp to get the War 1st Exc, and Glorious Carnage. I've updated my character sheet, in hopes that they are approved as part of Mirror's training spree prior to the start of the Ankss scene. I don't expect them to get used unless something goes *horribly* wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are added to the flat total.

I just try to be transparent on how and why you get XPs.

No problems with the Charms.

How good is Flicker's dodge/parry?

Also, the wording concerns Fangs, and you note it says nothing about Mirror. What about summon demons under Mirror's command?

Opinion time. With my new XP, should I:

Buy a Protoshinmaic Vortex

Finish the 2/7 filter and/or grab more keyword defenses

Enlighten myself in to Celestial/Solar Sorcery (assuming CrazyIvan isn't going to make another sorcerer once Fangs martyrs herself)

JayTee said:
Enlighten myself in to Celestial/Solar Sorcery (assuming CrazyIvan isn't going to make another sorcerer once Fangs martyrs herself)
This, I imagine, will be a long ass time in coming, if nothing else.

Was going to save all of these charms for a post-Ankss montage scene, but we'll split it into two because Kacie is giving me too good an opening.

Oi vey.

Mirror only had 2 Resonance, since she didn't actually get to kill Words.

2 Resonance is still highly unpleasant, and its sudden disappearance is a shock, to say the least.

Kacie said:
Oi vey.
Mirror only had 2 Resonance, since she didn't actually get to kill Words.

2 Resonance is still highly unpleasant, and its sudden disappearance is a shock, to say the least.
Like I said, it was too good a chance to have Fangs try and, well, clear the board since she's essentially stuck on the sidelines while the duel goes through.

Fangs can take the damage, though as mentioned, if she could hold out until I have an excuse to heal it with Halting the Scarlet Flow, I wouldn't say no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back