[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

@xarvh, for future reference, how big of a robot army will I need to annex Sanctuary?

EDIT: Assume I'll have built one or two Thousand Forged Dragons to go along with the mass-produced robo-grunts.

Not a reference.

There are just too many variables out of the equation.

You don't know how many beastmen Tirana has, and you have only a vague idea of what her, Peaceful Wave and the beastmen capabilities are.

I don't know how strong or easy to hack your robots will be.

I have to admit, I'm not really seeing much of anything that causes me to hesitate on building several dozen large warships with a WST/CNNT combo, crew them with a platoon each of Genesis grown, Magitech augmented and sorcerously trained super soldiers, then fly them over there and telling Sanctuary "You belong to Cross now."

Honestly the only limiting factor right now is how long it'll take to grow and train all those super soldiers. I suppose I could cheat and use our naturally grown troops that we've trained up and inject them with a super soldier serum to get the same results, but we still have to train them in sorcery.

Can I build a Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

You should have seen already a lot of NPCs doing a lot of cool stuff.

While, yes, PCs have the coolness advantage, I also try to keep things consistent.

I think before planning what to build, we should first evaluate what we're up against.

We made that mistake in Lookshy, and that didn't work out so well, so let's not do that again.

We could do with a little more tactical espionage IMHO.

We already know there's one Juggernaut and we know a few things about some deathknights... but maybe building a hyper cannon or genetically engineering an army of super soldiers are not the only and possibly not the best options we have.

@xarvh: Fair enough.

@Arynne: This is obviously the correct solution. I don't know why I keep forgetting it >.>;

@cyl: The individual words you're saying make sense, but together they're gibberish ;]

Xarvh, would Craft Genesis allow me to craft spirits? Specifically elemental dragons? They're technically living, even if it's in an esoteric sense.

Elementals being made of pure essence like all spirits, I'm not sure Genesis would be useful to "build" one.

But you can effectively create elementals if you gather all the right conditions... you know like... drowning a child in a pond or something > :)

What I want: To fortify Cross to the point where we can take on the entirety of the Mask of Winter's forces in a conventional war (as opposed to spamming them with The Bloom)

What other people want: Not that, less aggressive inventions (essence detectors, etc)

Compromise: Elemental dragons. Perfectly loyal Elemental Dragons everywhere. Measure the Wind acts as our detector, and they'll be smart enough to know if they should spam Dragonbreath at unknown essence signatures or not.

Dear Brilliant Twilight -

I am in total support of aggressive militarization of the Cross. Please go crazy with the fortifications.

Yours,

Paranoid Dusk

Dear Paranoid Dusk -

Economy, Military, Culture. These are the triune powers that must be worshiped in order for Cross to attain greatness in the East. Circumstances have forced me to focused on military, and focus on it I shall.

Regards

Brilliant Twilight.

I'm not sure you can male literal elemental dragons, but I bet you could build golems powered by lesser elemental dragons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back