[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

If I remember correctly, the writeup of the Sword of Creation had a defense/offense device that could spawn hoards of elementals. I'm planning on doing the same but focusing on quality over quantity.

But yes, if I can't grow/Wyld Shape up perfectly loyal elemental dragons, then golems it is.

What I want: To fortify Cross to the point where we can take on the entirety of the Mask of Winter's forces in a conventional war (as opposed to spamming them with The Bloom)
Lookshy just failed at that... and they had a pretty fair warning and a lot of firepower.

MoW has several crushing advantages that makes a conventional war an auto win for him.

Dematerialized spirits - deathknights - himself - a vast network of spies - necromancy - warmachines and last but not least a big ass behemoth.

While we can compensate for a few of them, he will always be a Deathlord and have the Juggernaut.

The Snail is his masterpiece on the board, and as long as it's there, I'm afraid there won't be much of anything you can build left in its slobbery wake.

Edit: damn hand, pushed the "post reply" button when I wasn't finished :(

Before my hand interrupted my groove, I was going to say "But increasing our military capabilities is definitely a thing to do".

Trouble is IMHO we know too little to adopt a proper strategy... and look what happened to Malek when we forgot to check our corners.

No arguments there, but in general I've found that "Overwhelming force" tends to make up for "lack of information".

It's true in the Second Age strength and robustness are extremely important now we've lost access to the higher forms of magitech defensive systems... but if overwhelming force was truly making up for lack of information or awareness, then the Primordials would never have fallen in the first place.

IMHO larger crushing threats are not unlike houses of cards.

To see them fall, you've got to find the weakest spots and hit them hard, fast, and if possible repeatedly.

But if you think you can build something strong enough to stop the Juggernaut, I can only encourage and challenge you to do so. :)

On another note: have you figured out the process through wich the Bloom dissects the necrotic essence ?

Can this be synthesized or automated ?

I'm thinking "golden army" + "necrotic vacuum cleaners" > :)

On another note: let's just hope Tirana doesn't find the Bloom that interesting... 'cause if not I think we can forget about settling in Mirunda.

Work fast little twilights, work fast ! :tongue:

You have no idea how uneasy I am about Tirana having access to the Bloom. If you can get them back at all, I promise to have Siham build you something cool. :(

Arynne said:
Well, she has samples of her own, now. She won't need to snaffle up Mirunda to get them...
Unless she decides she wants the mother lode for herself and considers she has to take it away from the awesome solars... because they are likely to fuck things up.

JayTee said:
You have no idea how uneasy I am about Tirana having access to the Bloom. If you can get them back at all, I promise to have Siham build you something cool. :(
That's a big bargaining chip for Tirana... "give me da jade or else..." :D

I will murder her entire goddman country if she even LOOKS at Cross poorly.

EDIT: Xarvh, do you want the details of the flying warship I'm Wyld Shaping here, or in the Science! thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not Cross she'll target, it's Mirunda, hometown of the Bloom.

But I like your attitude ! :)

Mirunda belongs to The Bloom. The Bloom belongs to Siham. Therefore, Mirunda belongs to Siham. :tongue:

I wish I was awesome enough to be that mad scientist-like.

I might just settle for slowly rebuilding the behemoth here. And the oaktapuses. I liked them.

Yeah the oaktapuses were the bomb !

Also, if you are currently searching a path... maybe you could devote some of your time to helping that half dead Primordial back to a good health... :tongue:

Norts said:
I wish I was awesome enough to be that mad scientist-like.
The trick is to not be afraid of doing stupid shit that may be not-so-cool-as-intended.

Being utterly oblivious to what makes sense is a fine art that needs practice, but look where it brought JayTee.

Hey, I botched several games before I got EotFS right. =D

The only reason I added the Oaktapi is because I liked the idea and I put enough effort into it to make it decently solid.

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult ;)

Also:

Arynne said:
And Flicker means it -- Siham is often too enthralled by his own cleverness, and that of his past self, to be impartial about his own work. A more critical eye could prove valuable.
Better not let Siham hear that, otherwise he'll officially conscript her in to doing exactly that :tongue:

JayTee said:
I have to admit, I'm not really seeing much of anything that causes me to hesitate on building several dozen large warships with a WST/CNNT combo, crew them with a platoon each of Genesis grown, Magitech augmented and sorcerously trained super soldiers, then fly them over there and telling Sanctuary "You belong to Cross now."
Lunars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back