[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

@cyl: Training charms aren't really my thing at the moment, and I'd rather not horn in on the territory of those who have invested in them.

And why have just essence detectors when you could have essence detectors attached to a big goddamn gun that flies :D

Feantari said:
Yeah, that's the general tack of the discussion I want to have with her. But as for the push, if xarvh doesn't have something planned Argis is going to try to get them to join in his mission to spread the bloom in the Walker's territory with the pay off for her being a new place to expand with no residents and a plenty scary enough reputation already in place.
You know... I think she's only going to grow more forest on the farmlands she conquered to hide what she's doing.

She can't afford to go out in the open about her crafted race yet, it would mean having the Silver Pact and possibly other powers on her ass.

From what I gathered she wants to develop quietly enough so that at one point she can stand on her own and tell other players on the chessboard to go fuck themselves if she wants to because they can't touch her. Discretion is paramount to her plan and she could destroy us if she thought that we could jeopardize her operations.

She won't care about what happened in Cross or Mirunda as long as it doesn't affect Sanctuary and she will not risk moving on other powers if there is the slightest chance that she'll be exposed.

It's probably part of the reason why she had us move the farmers.

The risk of being exposed was much lesser if she let us handle this.

I don't think it's too soon to go and see her, but I think we have the wrong approach with her. So far she always had the upper hand and we courted her favor, thinking that we could benefit from her help.

Fangs was pretty clear about what kind of relationship Tirana was looking for.

So I believe we may want to create a situation where she comes to us seeking assistance, or at least gathering enough elements so that she asks to renew our "friendship".

JayTee said:
@cyl: Training charms aren't really my thing at the moment, and I'd rather not horn in on the territory of those who have invested in them.
And why have just essence detectors when you could have essence detectors attached to a big goddamn gun that flies :D
We have enough trainers to take care of that, I was considering a global effort in the plan.

Also; essence detectors might be more discrete than big goddamn gun that flies and that gives us an edge over the enemy.

We'll know he's here, he doesn't know we know, so we can ambush him and get precious information.

The big goddamn gun that flies is kind of a bat signal saying "we're ready to fuck shit up, come and you'll get some !".

This is a good lesson we can learn from Tirana: discretion works.

Unfortunately we have to work with what we have. Having the ability to hurt the deathlords isn't nothing. And I really don't know what sort of terrain walker's territory is supposed to be. Could be jungle for all I know. It is however, already a plenty discrete place to hang out. What mortals are going to wandering into a place that is known as a shadowland?

I don't really see many cases where Tirana comes asking for help. We have things to offer her now, but she doesn't seem interested. The training and experience her ambassadors got was probably no more worth while to her than all the intel they provided. Perhaps I'm overly cynical about it, but all she really seems to ask for and want is artifacts or materials to make them so that she can equip her "children".

Our training alone would be a huge benefit possibly, but its a bit silly to go about it so one sided. Here don't kill us we will help make you better at killing things.

On a completely unrelated note: anyone in the dominion with Investigation may want to handle a thorough search in our midst for spies.

Because if we basically know how the Bronze Faction could have planned their next hit, we still have a few unanswered questions like:

How could the Walker have known about us and sent the Widow to Cross in the first place ?

And how did the Traveller knew where the notes were kept ?

How did the Mask learned about the Mother of Essence ?

It may simply be that the NB dig for info in Walker/Mirror's skull... but it may not be only that.

Argis was all about doing that, up until word came back that Malek was captured. >.< It would be a great use of Mirror's talents if/when that becomes a viable option.

I don't really see many cases where Tirana comes asking for help.
Me neither, I can see only a few for now:

1- there is a greater threat at my door and I need your help (that is something we can arrange that.... but that would be evil and manipulative > :) )

2- I need more lands and I need your help to clean them up for me

3- I need dem artifacts, MAKE MOAR !

4- I need you to cover up my progress because I have been exposed

Certainly #3 could be something we were interested in if we had the materials and the time. I'm not even sure how Siham is going to make his own stuff. Wish we still had our elemental summoner. :-/ Some mercurial ants could survey the area relatively quickly.

Feantari said:
Argis was all about doing that, up until word came back that Malek was captured. >.< It would be a great use of Mirror's talents if/when that becomes a viable option.
If she is the source or merely part of it, that won't help much.

The NB will move their pawns away... not fast enough so she can't kill them... but if they are connected to her and use that connection to feed intel to the Deathlords, then having her doing counterintelligence may turn out to be counterproductive in the end.

Maybe, or maybe not. She's probably got the chops to notice something like that happening. And if they pull people back all the better. xD But yeah.. its on the ever growing list. Picked up Observer Awareness Method after the whole meeting with sifu bit to at least try to safeguard against some issues, maybe catch something. Hard to say. Sadly if its sidereals and deathknights any DB charms Argis would pick up would be pretty useless.

Feantari said:
Certainly #3 could be something we were interested in if we had the materials and the time.
Well not really because then we'll equip her instead of ourselves.

It's kind of like "please don't kill us, we're going to give you weapons to kill people faster".

But a more manipulative person than Malek could arrange for 1 and 4... and we can all think about ways to stick it to the giraffe to push her to seek our assistance.

The problem is, we're on a collision course now.

She will expand Sanctuary, and we will expand our lands with Mirunda, Nathir and lands in between.

At one point her expansion is going to be hindered by our own borders and she will want to claim our lands.

Yeah, that's a big incentive for this crazy plan Argis is hatching.

As to the weapons, I took it as done that we could out bargain her. When its not starving people on the line Malek and Argis can be pretty dang nasty merchants. Plus I figure at the point we were willing to do that we would have our major needs seen to. Heck, if we could start legit trade in new artifacts... doot de do O:)

Feantari said:
Maybe, or maybe not. She's probably got the chops to notice something like that happening.
Undoubtedly she can deal with the situation, resolve the problem is there is one.

My concern was more along the lines of "shit, now they know we know... they're going to adapt and adopt a new strategy".

Feantari said:
And if they pull people back all the better. xD
Ah that english thing again...

I meant to say move people so that she cannot detect them. Hide them from her.

Feantari said:
Yeah, that's a big incentive for this crazy plan Argis is hatching.
As to the weapons, I took it as done that we could out bargain her. When its not starving people on the line Malek and Argis can be pretty dang nasty merchants. Plus I figure at the point we were willing to do that we would have our major needs seen to. Heck, if we could start legit trade in new artifacts... doot de do O:)
I haven't forgotten about that part of the plan mate ;)

But I think the repercussions of Mask's conquest of Lookshy is going to set the economy back a little bit.

We still lack info on what happened:

- to the autobots (and those seemed like less dangerous partners than the old giraffe)

- in Nexus (one vital city for trade in the Scavenger Lands)

- in Great Forks

I think it could be better to investigate those rather than to seek contact with Tirana right away, as I don't think that she would even lift a finger to help us even if the Juggernaut was coming to eat the Mother of Essence even if we were providing tons of jade for her annually.

She'd just say "oh... the source has tarnished... too bad... oh well, nothing lasts forever".

Fangs, Malek and Mirror are away unfortunately.

@WlfSamurai is unresponsive, so feel free to use Rhapsody as jolly to keep in a city.

While she is in a city, expect the people to be happy and the city to be secure from minor military attacks (such as the one that the Legion pulled on Cross).

xarvh said:
Fangs, Malek and Mirror are away unfortunately.
@WlfSamurai is unresponsive, so feel free to use Rhapsody as jolly to keep in a city.

While she is in a city, expect the people to be happy and the city to be secure from minor military attacks (such as the one that the Legion pulled on Cross).
Hmm, ok. We can say the plight of the people in Mirunda got to her and she was willing to stop and help? Seems like the best option for now?

It's been my assessment for a while that Tirana is content to bleed the Cross of artifacts, and otherwise is a threat. She isn't mobilizing against the Walker - she's hoping to have as much time to breed more viable children, and to arm them as best as she can.

If Argis walks up says the Cross is ready to actively make war by deploying the Bloom, that's a threat to her plan, because an active war brings a lot more attention to the area, hurting her chances of laying low and gathering power.

Argis needs a fast exit strategy from the talks. I'm thinking they may turn violent, if Tirana decides to make a point. I don't think the odds are likely, but they're now non-zero.

I don't think we pose quite so much an exposure risk with this plan as you, but sure. He can hope to apply charms and ride ith out of there, but that's all hopes that could be dashed.

Argis's goal is to convince her that she can start being useful in a very secretive way. Keep in mind she's had her children out and about in the general area murdering people and raiding ships so... I doubt this is much of an excursion from that in terms of risk.

True. However I doubt the Walker cares about mortals and pirates.

He might have a very different reaction if the Bloom deployment is traced to those "river pirates" who then prove to be a Lunar's progeny.

I'm not saying don't go - at this point, it's worth the risk if Tirana will help, and if she won't at least we have a clear picture.

I'm just saying be ready to run. I like Argis, and one arm gone is already one too many.

Assume Flicker goes, if whatever is creeping up on her in her thread doesn't turn out to be too horrible. She also has a perfect Defend Other parry, which ought to provide a little more protection for Argis.

I'm not saying don't go - at this point, it's worth the risk if Tirana will help, and if she won't at least we have a clear picture.
I think the picture was pretty clear with this:

While the people of Sanctuary wish peace and prosperity to Cross, any trespassing within the borders of Sanctuary will be deemed as an act of war and responded accordingly.

I am saying it.

Do not go there ! Please ! For your own safety ! :D

We traded food for Jade artifacts to provide for the people of Cross in a time of need.

When we brought Mirror towards her borders, she asked for compensation.

We failed to meet her demands, so now we're not friends anymore.

We never were.

The only risk now is that she sends assassins to kill the ones that know about Sanctuary to protect it... but she could also reasonably destroy Cross.

It's isolated, no one cares about it... no one will know how and why it was destroyed... and no one will care enough to investigate if we're all dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back