[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Middlemarches are technically apart of Creation, so Outside Worlds Within should be able to turn an area in to a patch of the Wyld for me to Shape.

Aren't Bordermarches already a part of the Wyld ?

I always assumed that as soon as you had to roll for Wyld Exposure, then you weren't in Creation anymore.

I always figured that it was a half and half deal, that they were both at the same time.

Because Exalted is weird like that.

But if Shadowlands are Creation then they are a proper target for OWW.

They most certainly qualify for "half and half".

I don't think that creating areas with any Wyld effect is within the purview of the spell.

I would have assumed that the necromantic taint of a shadowland would make it ill suited for a sorcery spell, but I don't see an issue with Outside Worlds Within making a room full of Wyld or Shadowland.

This brings out another question about the "magical effects" of that spell: if the spell recreates places from Creation (either from memory or from a token of the desired location), does it also replicates can you recreate environmental effects like lava, supernatural storms, or demesnes properties ?

IE, if the magical construct replicates all the condition of the place in Creation, then it should be possible to recreate the environment of a 5dot demesne.

That doesn't settle the question about shadowlands and wyld tainted lands, but it's still something.

I'd argue that:

- the description of the spell mentions "perfect duplicate of any environment in Creation"

- if you use a token from that particular spot then the spell matches the actual weather condition of that spot.

I've dug up in my old Bot3C and it says that the environment will replicate the environment remembered or recreated from a token for a whole month.

So, if you use a token and it rains that day on the spot you're trying to replicate, then you'll have a rainy room for a whole month.

It's your prerogative to say "no" to wyld and shadowlands, and it's perfectly understandable (IIRC Sorcery and the Wyld don't mix well together), but I'm interested in the practicle applications of that spell... because aside from creating a secret garden where the sorcerer can go to relax and be in an environment he feels nostalgic about, I don't know what to make of it...

That could be surprisingly useful for intelligence.

Hey, just duplicate wherever the Widow hid the notes and voila, you get a copy of the notes.

Hmmm... I don't think it recreates animals, people objects and structures, it seems to duplicate only the natural environment, the soil, the flaura, the weather etc etc.

I think the fauna was left out of the description for that same reason.

And now I think about it... I can see a practical application which is exactly what we needed to solve the food production problem in Cross !

Sunny and fertile farmland throughout the year...

The only thing now will be to convince Fangs to consent to building a few greenhouses for 25m per room per month...

xarvh said:
That could be surprisingly useful for intelligence.
Hey, just duplicate wherever the Widow hid the notes and voila, you get a copy of the notes.
This is rather tricky to do without having seen the location before however.

cyl said:
And now I think about it... I can see a practical application which is exactly what we needed to solve the food production problem in Cross !

Sunny and fertile farmland throughout the year...

The only thing now will be to convince Fangs to consent to building a few greenhouses for 25m per room per month...
Or she could learn Food From the Celestial Table.

Or, the far more likely, suggesting that if you live in a place whose farmland cannot support your population, it might be time to move.

Though she could maintain the Greenhouses. She just needs Essence recharging. Malek should get on promoting her cult.

CrazyIvan said:
Or she could learn Food From the Celestial Table.
The terrestrial version is like a "hunger pill" for five people.

Obviously a celestial spell would be much more nourishing and could feed much more people, but it's not a long term fix.

Or, the far more likely, suggesting that if you live in a place whose farmland cannot support your population, it might be time to move.
That or to use Craft Genesis to make minor alterations on fruits & vegetables to accommodate them to jungle climate and grow faster.

The Legion and the Crown are still out there so it might be a bit dangerous to move people around, and even then it takes quite some time to do so.

Though she could maintain the Greenhouses. She just needs Essence recharging. Malek should get on promoting her cult.
Wouldn't you just simply need to spread the maintenance of the Greenhouses over several days and weeks ?

I mean Cult kind of sucks compared with getting a massage or sleeping in a Manse... not that Darth Malek would ever suggest creating a manse - spa resort just to keep Fangs happy in exchange for her motes... but others could. :P

And now I have silly images from Spirited Away in my mind where Fangs runs after Chihiro to eat her kidneys...

Estimated next chunk of free time: Monday evening. Maybe Sunday eve. Free time dictated by launch schedule so... could change. Until then its sitting at the top of my todo list. Apologies for being terrible at free time at present.

Feantari's ego just exploded with Kacie's question.

But it's right, I'm really envying her. ^_^

My point about OWW is: can you use it to get information you don't have?

Anyway, my ruling is that it cannot replicate geomancies: wyld, shadowlands or demesnes can be replicated in their basic aspect but not in their special effect.

There are still a lot of creative uses for the spell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back