[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I detest sorcery for 5 reasons:

1: Way too cost intensive for XP

2: Way too cost intensive for motes

3: Way too time intensive to learn (months for the initiation, months for a single spell)

4: Most effects that would contribute to my character concept are overshadowed by native charms.

5: Most importantly, It forces you to alter your character's personality. This is unacceptable. No one, under any circumstances, tells me what my character thinks and feels. Not another player, not the GM and certainly not some optional game mechanic.

On another note @xarvh: I have two questions: First, I know the normal limit for XP debt is 10. Can I go 11 points in to debt? Second: How fast can I get to the Pure Chaos of the Wyld and back? Assuming I'm willing to burn considerable amount of resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
How could I ever be giving negative feedback on Siham ?

I absolutely love the guy ! :D

But when the ST points towards Solar Sorcery and considering how useful solar sorcery would be in our position I feel the need to at least say "perhaps you should reconsider" and "there's good stuff there, worthy of the xp".

But if JT absolutely detests Sorcery and wants nothing to do with it, then we still have 3 other solars who could try to go for it... well only 2 if you count Malek out :P

No one, under any circumstances, tells me what my character thinks and feels. Not another player, not the GM and certainly not some optional game mechanic.
Words of Gentle Passing smiles and says "Challenge accepted !" :D

Just to be clear, because my penultimate post could be interpreted as "I love Siham... but I could give negative feeling back on other characters", I find all the characters in this game pretty damn interesting.

They all have great personalities and even if my pc doesn't always get along with them (it ain't gonna get better now...), I take great pleasure in reading their adventures. :)

Guys, cut some slack to cyl, he has a horrible way of delivering things, but some of the points he makes are good.

I have no problems if Siham doesn't like Sorcery, but I won't let Fangs get to Solar Circle for the same reasons that I wouldn't let a Solar learn Knacks.

That is, unless Fangs wants to become an Akuma or follow the ways of Tirana.

Cyl, you often make good points, but please do them only once and then assume that your peers are smart enough to decide for their own. They most certainly are.

@JayTee: unless I explicitly tell you as an exception, your XP debt allowed is zero.

I have seen no other game where you get this amount of XPs per scene.

Looking back, but did we decide we were using the un-corrected (and thus, you know, useful) version of Claws of the Silver Moon?

CrazyIvan said:
Looking back, but did we decide we were using the un-corrected (and thus, you know, useful) version of Claws of the Silver Moon?
RIP my good friend Words.

The word is a shinier place without him > :)

CrazyIvan said:
Posted. Not sure why its giving me two spoiler blocks, save that the forum software threw an error.
Oh so that's not happening only to me.

I'm so relieved. :D

I think the problem happens when there is some color applied to some part of the text... and then you have to edit & retype everything.

I've had triple spoiler blocks for quite some time.

Enter the BB editor and fix it from there. I prefer to write almost everything manually, I find it much cleaner.

Yup, there was a stray color tag within the spoiler.

This can be avoided by using the "clear format" button for normal text rather than assigning a gray color.

@xarvh: Odd, I could have sworn that you allowed us to go up to ten xp in debt. Oh well, it's not a thing. How fast can I get to the Wyld and back again?

If I said something to that effect it was a mistake.

What means of transportation do you have?

Walking? I guess? Unless Cross has some kind of transport or one of the Sorcerers is willing to conjure me up a ride, I'm limited at the moment.

JayTee said:
Walking? I guess? Unless Cross has some kind of transport or one of the Sorcerers is willing to conjure me up a ride, I'm limited at the moment.
Fangs loaned Argis her wasp. Who Siham has met.

I wonder do demons get mutations from overexposure to the Wyld ?

Okay back in Big Picture mode, last we checked we had those items going on.

Dominion stuff:

- Develop and expanding Cross.

- Consolidate Mirunda.

- Heal or get rid of the Behemoth, rebuilding the University and its facilities.

- Find a way to restore Keyneya.

War & Diplomacy

- Maintain peaceful relationships with Tirana.

- Fend off the Walker and the Mask and their servants

- Stop the Wyld Hunt ?

- What happened with Zenjo and Great Forks?

- What about the Alchies in Denandsor?

- ...and those two that almost killed Hard as Mountains?

Other:

- Weaponizing the Bloom.

- Get back Agatha's notes or the Ring of Non.

- Deal with Ankss' Dragon Kings, recover Berek's legacy.

I would like to know if we can treat a few of them as Projects ?

Go the Wyld

Wyld Shape up a Protoshinmaic Vortex

Stick it in the Hand of the Great Maker

Return to Cross

Zap up an army

Zap up workers

Zap up fortifications

Zap my library in to perfect condition

Zap Zap Zap

JayTee said:
Go the Wyld
Wyld Shape up a Protoshinmaic Vortex

Stick it in the Hand of the Great Maker

Return to Cross

Zap up an army

Zap up workers

Zap up fortifications

Zap my library in to perfect condition

Zap Zap Zap
And now we see why crafting is always banned in games I run ;) Or more accurately, abstracted away from even remotely resembling the default rules. It's got a power curve from "Useless" to "Yo Dog, I heard you like Five Metal Shrikes..." really, really suddenly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back