[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Indeed, it seems very powerful.

The WW Wiki mentions a post-errata version that I can't find anywhere.

This said, I want to allow Siham to zap around, but if he plans to go Wyld and craft stuff there, he's better to go there with some support, before the Vortex gets squashed by a giant rolling banana appearing from nowhere at the wrong time.

BTW, I'll be waiting Feantari to post before pushing the game forward.

Reading around it would seem that the trick lies in the "It can be created only by a Solar with Lore 7+".

Lore 7+ being already a requirement for Artifact 5, this can mean only one thing: the statement sole purpose is to rule out the use of Wonder Forging Genius from lowering the requirement.

As soon as Mirror has resolved the DK thing, she's up for long treks to help other people gain the power to crush the Mask. And other bastards.

She's not leaving Fangs's side, either.

Of course, first there's this small matter of rescuing Malek to attend to...

If you guys are any interested in restoring Keyneya, it will involve bringing her in the deep wyld.

But the party's eggheads may want to research some about it, to prevent surprises.

Just FYI.

Since I've beaten around the bush a bit, and mentioned parts of it to people, I'm just going to lay it out:

Fangs is not meant to survive this campaign. She was never meant to. Her whole narrative is immolating herself (metaphorically) to free her mate. She's convinced the best way she can do this is through sufficiently advanced sorcery, as it is, for lack of a better word, Primordial-level tinkering with Creation's source code.

She's pretty sure she needs Solar-circle class power to do this. Which, as has been mentioned, is probably going to involve Akuma-ing.

At some point, she's headed into the Deep Wyld in search of the only surviving Primordial (that she knows of) who she believes might allow her to free her mate before her soul gets rewritten to suit their whimsy better. When Mirror attacked her, what Fangs was going to Keyneya to do was ask her how to find Gaia.

Anyone care to guess what I'm planning the last Station of Sacrifice to be? ;)

Xarvh, would you please refresh me on Keyneya's status?

I'd thought she/it had recovered, as other Exalts got their peripheral essence back, but this isn't the case?

Thanks!

@xarvh: Damn, I missed that line about Lore 7 being mandatory. I suppose now I'll have to craft a 5 dot version of the Hand of the Great Maker that lets me Wyld shape in Creation as if it were the Middlemarches.

JayTee said:
@xarvh: Damn, I missed that line about Lore 7 being mandatory. I suppose now I'll have to craft a 5 dot version of the Hand of the Great Maker that lets me Wyld shape in Creation as if it were the Middlemarches.
...do we know the specs of Fangs/WalkerMirror's First Age Manse that the Ankss dragon types are currently squatting on. Because it's entirely possible that a First Age Lunar's center of power might have a Wyld Zone in it.

Kacie said:
We can fight it out, CrazyIvan, over who gets to sacrifice themselves for who. ;)
I figure it then gives LiberatedMirror an excuse to storm Yu Shan to rescue her mate, who has undoubtedly been given to Luna or some such, on the Epic end of things, or wandering Creation searching for her mate's next incarnation (Akumaing, unlike Abyssalation, doesn't fix to an Exaltation) on the Tragic and Poignant end of things.

CrazyIvan said:
...do we know the specs of Fangs/WalkerMirror's First Age Manse that the Ankss dragon types are currently squatting on. Because it's entirely possible that a First Age Lunar's center of power might have a Wyld Zone in it.
If that's the case, it'll save me a lot of trouble.

JayTee said:
If that's the case, it'll save me a lot of trouble.
Fangs: "Siham, my darling Water Buffalo. Would you like to help me burn a city to the ground? There might be a gooey, Wyld-zone center once you get past the newly crispy shell."

JayTee, I haven't thought of how to finagle this IC, but it would be cool to have Siham along for whatever craziness awaits at Ankss. He and Mirror haven't gotten to meet, and I'd really like to see how they react to each other. I'm not sure I can predict much about the outcome!

@CrazyIvan, @Kacie: Both of those things sound awesome, and hilarious. I just need to make sure Cross isn't about to explode within the next month or so before I can go do other things. Which is why the Hand of the Great Maker is so important to me at the moment. I can do a lot of things really quickly and make up for lost time if I can Wyld Shape in Creation.

Let's see how things come out in the current scenes. Lots could change depending on how they go. Otherwise, looking forward to Mad Science!

Hmmm from what I remember, Ankss is thousands of miles away from Cross.

It still closer than going into the deep wyld, but there are other "less dangerous" places you could start from (a place populated by DKs resenting exalts isn't exactly a safe zone)... Nexus being one of them even though it's apparently a mess at the moment (we still don't know why).

Re: Big K, it could be good to assess the situation with her to see if she's stable / dying / in pain / whatever...

Restoring her sounds epic as hell, but we "failed" to protect her once, and Lookshy fell because of it... perhaps it could be convenient to let her lay down and rest for a while if she isn't in immediate danger until we can come up with better defenses.

@Kacie: after your attack, none really gave a fuck about Big K, so I didn't give much info.

She is in some sort of coma and her fetich body is half withered, but Essence still works so she's not dead.

@cyl, Actually Ankss is decently close by.

Lemme check.

Funny I always pictured it far more to the north.

Well it's worth looking up anyway... maybe it has an Wyld Gate... that would be even better ^^

Hrm, alternately...if Fangs makes an area of the Wyld using Outside Worlds Within, is it *actually* Wyld, or does it just feel like it?

Well the spell duplicates any environment in Creation, so if you wanted to create a wyld pocket you would have to design another spell from OWW I guess... that or create a geomantic catastrophe to tear a hole in Creation.

Whichever works :D

I believe what was decided on with the manse was the flying citadel of awesomeness, as xarvh said.

If SCIENCE team is going into the Wyld, I might need to grab Integrity charms first...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back