[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

My apologies, I have been in a terrible mood and this reflects poorly on my attention.

The attack was avoided by another use of the Excellency, her DV has not refreshed yet so it's still free for her.

Stunt 1, yielding no suxx.

xarvh said:
My apologies, I have been in a terrible mood and this reflects poorly on my attention.
The attack was avoided by another use of the Excellency, her DV has not refreshed yet so it's still free for her.

Stunt 1, yielding no suxx.
Her DV would have refreshed on tick 15.

DV refreshes when the character gets their NEXT move (regardless of whether they use their action or not) after the speed of their last action ends, which is 15 for the earth aspect.

Brekkir said:
Poll: do you think the oath I described to Didee satisfies our goals? English is not my native language so I'm not too confident in my ability to phrase oaths competently. Any suggestions?
Looks fine to me.

Achievement unlocked: Negociator!

:mrgreen:

Haku said:
Kind of a sucky oath, ain't it. Didee?
A oath/agreement should have two sides.
An oath, and even an agreement, can be one-sided just fine. I've been careful to make it so ;)

Hey guys. Just got back from my vacation. Give me a day or two to catch up on what's been going on and I'll have a post for River up.

So, it looks like Hiro is going to bite the big one...

Question... how would you lot feel about another DB. PG rating may be upped. :lol:

Don't despair Hiro Protagonist :!:

Aside from that... are you all recovering from St Patrick? :mrgreen:

I asked Haku to stat another char because I am clueless at balancing Faes against Exalts, which will bite the game in the ass when Hiro will be with the others.

So, my apologies.

The game is hitting the lower momentum.

This is probably because I needed you guys all in the same scene, and pbp suffers from 10+ chars together.

Also, it is possible that the options in front of the PCs are too many and this is confusing.

Last, when people lose interest in a game, none wants to take the responsibility of having it die, and to me this explains the usual long agonies here.

Feedback?

xarvh said:
I asked Haku to stat another char because I am clueless at balancing Faes against Exalts, which will bite the game in the ass when Hiro will be with the others.
So, my apologies.

The game is hitting the lower momentum.

This is probably because I needed you guys all in the same scene, and pbp suffers from 10+ chars together.

Also, it is possible that the options in front of the PCs are too many and this is confusing.

Last, when people lose interest in a game, none wants to take the responsibility of having it die, and to me this explains the usual long agonies here.

Feedback?
Honestly, that was my concern for Hiro - Fae are supposed to be antagonists DBs can handle. Keeping pace with Celestials? That kind of balance is a nightmare for STs. Hell, if the game goes on long enough, even Lunars and Siddies start hearing the Solar-types singing this:

As for the momentum, my problem at least from Fang's posting is this: The game, while fairly freeform, is bound by what threads are open. At the moment, there is *just* the Round Table. Where Fangs really has nothing to say. As far as she's concerned, the newcomers are strangers who are one hostile action away from another knock-down, drag-out fight. She's got little enough to say planning wise - where she can be most helpful it's already been established people are reluctant to go. I could post being a smart-ass for being a smart-ass's sake (Morrigan <3 +10) but for that the Round Table conference would have to pick up some.

Otherwise, to go wandering, do other stuff etc., I need a new thread. I know I've talked to both River and Walker about self-interested scenes I'd like to play with them, and presumably other people might find some use for Fangs. But right now in the game, there's no place to post that, and I'm hesitant to go where the Round Table thread would, in my mind, naturally head toward given all the newcomers: "Now who the hell are you?"

I mean, Malek's Folly just doubled its already absurd population of Exalts, and everyone seems...chill.

Mind you, part of it was that Hiro was at essence 4, which gives him some leeway with his essence and what he could support in terms of charms and artifacts.

Also, it should be noted that Raksha START strong, they just don't advance much at all with xp and time. What you see them with at chargen, you see them at many many game sessions down the road after people buy tons of charms and stuff.

ie. Hiro looks strong... but with time, every single exalt type over-takes him.

Remember, no native excellencies that can be used in creation = die pool can not expand at all.

The Round Table is there just in case you want to chat about what to do IC rather than OOC.

It is a scene that can be safely ignored story-wise.

The plan is that as soon as I know that a certain set of chars is interested in doing something, I'll open the scenes, and opening scenes on request is also an option.

I will open a scene for the Behemoth problem, kick Siham there, and wait for you guys to tell me what scenes to open.

I struggle with what Argis would do in the round table setting because he doesn't want to get his head cut off or anything like that. However, we almost do need to go through the whole who the hell are you guys conversation if we are likely to get further along I think.

The Caldera Scene is up.

It is a flash-future respect to the Round Table, so you can post in both.

For now we have Siham, everyone that wants to take part just post there.

Three-four PCs will be optimal.

And yes, that is a MASSIVE explosion of wyld energies. A sphere that is literally multiple leagues wide. Each league is about 3 miles. I'm using the english version of a league.

Wiki knows all

In English usage over the last few centuries, the league was most often considered to be 3 miles, This was about 4.8 km if referring to the statute (land) mile (now 1609.344 m or 5,280 survey feet, though varying slightly through history) or about 5.6 km if referring to the nautical mile (1,852 m or 6,076 feet).
Also, who would be silly enough to use Chimera Exultation as part of a stunt? Hiro, that's who.

xarvh said:
The Round Table is there just in case you want to chat about what to do IC rather than OOC.
It is a scene that can be safely ignored story-wise.

The plan is that as soon as I know that a certain set of chars is interested in doing something, I'll open the scenes, and opening scenes on request is also an option.

I will open a scene for the Behemoth problem, kick Siham there, and wait for you guys to tell me what scenes to open.
Fangs will probably join him - someone has to keep an eye on the water buffalo.

Beyond that, are we going into "down time", so a few training or personal interaction vignettes are appropriate, or do you still want to be able to hold onto the passage of time?

Also Sherwood - I don't think Didee cast a sorcerous banishment spell - those don't work on elementals.

The spirit Charm Banish, however, would have deposited them at a safe location at the fringe of Didee's domain. You could ask her to guide your elementals back.

I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to follow up with that, thanks.

When would Dove be able to talk privately to River and/or Cunning Fangs? I'm pretty sure she'll have noticed they're Lunars (a moonsilver warstrider is hard to miss) and she has some questions to ask...

River is posting in the Round Table thread... you could approach her there. She also has not been bothering to hide her tatoos, so that would be another obvious clue to her nature. Plus, she mentions that her totem animal is a eagle.

I was going to post when I saw yours, but it occured to me that (A) is this really the first opportunity Dove would have had to speak to them? And (B) it's a rather embarrassing personal matter...or so she thinks.

Arynne said:
I was going to post when I saw yours, but it occured to me that (A) is this really the first opportunity Dove would have had to speak to them? And (B) it's a rather embarrassing personal matter...or so she thinks.
You're more than welcome to speak with Fangs, as it seems neither her nor River are at all apologetic about Lunarness - who tends to keep to herself, and as such might feel less like Dove is in front of everyone.

It might be useful to have a "Meanwhile, in The Cross/Malek's Folly/Zombietown" thread that runs concurrent to the Round Table for those of us less involved? Or merely player agreement that private conversations remain private IC?

Use the Round Table if you find it useful/stimulating/whatever, ignore it otherwise.

For example, Dove can ask River to speak in private (Fangs is outside).

But it's too late for that 'cause I'm opening a Scene for Arynne.

@Crazy Ivan: we just had our downtime, so any further idle times before actual action is included there.

EDIT: Also, since we have already Siham, Walker, Fangs and River taking care of the behemoth, it will be a lot smoother if no other PC joins in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back