[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

creation%20wyld.jpg

Well the Katzbalger (your pic) falls under the short sword category according to the wiki... which is strange because it looks like it has a guard. Most short swords don't even bother to have those, they're usually just all sticking and slashing...

Speaking of trips, I'm going to be leaving saturday for a week long vacation with my wife and will probably not have internet access of any length. It is a cruise line, and while my wife is going to bring her netbook, I'm going to be spending as much time as I can enjoying our time together without our daughter and not posting on line.

Wait... abandoning your daughter? Is she going to end up with a pack of savages and become the most dreadful of beings? The teenage daughter? :lol:

That would be pretty cool, dont you think? Seriously, she is staying here with her aunt while my wife and I enjoy ourselves for our anniversery. Been married for fifteen years now. :shock:

Sherwood said:
That would be pretty cool, dont you think? Seriously, she is staying here with her aunt while my wife and I enjoy ourselves for our anniversery. Been married for fifteen years now. :shock:
That is a long time....

Hm...the short sword and the straight sword have identical stats, but the straight sword is about a foot longer, hence a dot more expensive. (The German katzbalger was about two and a half feet long...halfway in size between the two. So it's either a really fancy short sword or an economy-sized straight sword. :wink: )

Arynne said:
Hm...the short sword and the straight sword have identical stats, but the straight sword is about a foot longer, hence a dot more expensive. (The German katzbalger was about two and a half feet long...halfway in size between the two. So it's either a really fancy short sword or an economy-sized straight sword. :wink: )
Everything is bigger in Exalted.

What you posted was a butter knife.

Arynne said:
Recommendations would be to go master work / legendary long sword. xD

Yeah, I mean... Short sword!?

That's for the kitchen.

Anyhow.

The 1st Chapter was about getting you loot together.

The 2nd Chapter will be about you guys discovering your neighbors and starting to interact with them.

While some of you may want to stay to deal with Didee (and possibly explore the Caldera), the others have better to start travelling around.

The current scene will continue as much as necessary, but not all PCs have a pivotal role there.

We can open new concurrent scenes to accommodate each group that will leave Malek's Folly (Cyl, you have better to find something quickly before this sticks in official documents...)

So, at this point I really need your initiative.

Check the Map.

You have met or heard of different factions and groups, and there are obviously the canonical ones.

Discuss among yourselves, and tell me who goes where.

Everything is bigger in Exalted.
That's what he said... :P

Still, until I find a grand daiklave or a grand grimcleaver or Steel Falcon's legendary, lost war club or somesuch, I'm going to be using claws, fists and mortal-sized blades. Even if Dove does eventually acquire an artifact weapon, she'll hang on to this one -- it has sentimental value (as well as being a superior piece of work in its own right).

Butter knife, eh? But in Creation, the butter knifes YOU.

Haku, I fear you may be underestimating your opponents.

I will wait a post from Brekkir to advance Scene 1.

Scene 2 is optional, there just if you want to decide your moves IC rather than OOC.

Haku, Five-Dragon Blocking Technique adds HALF Essence to the PDV.

Also, what is the sources of his ongoing perfect effect that requires others to stunt/charm to strike and defend fro him?

xarvh said:
Haku, Five-Dragon Blocking Technique adds HALF Essence to the PDV.
Also, what is the sources of his ongoing perfect effect that requires others to stunt/charm to strike and defend fro him?
Is a typo, I keep meaning to type PDV calculation. Which would make it half essence in total. -_- ;

Made the changes to post and charsheet... @_@

As for the psuedo perfect, that would be Imposition of Law. Which is really only useful for showing off, beating up extras who can not stunt...

As per Graceful, Wicked Masque page 168.

Imposition of Law works as long as it does NOT encounter the following conditions;

1) stunts - ANY stunts. Even the most basic 1 die stunt.

2) charms - ANY charms. Even a simple 1 die excellency or an ongoing effect.

3) Is it possible? The raksha cannot do something that is impossible, such as shooting an arrow beyond the possible range of the bow used.

If those conditions are met, the effect utterly and completely fails. Nothing happens.

Next, it has a requirement. It only functions IF the action involved is a specific (Attribute + Ability + Specialty), in Hiro's case Dexterity + Martial Arts + Unarmed.

For the specific (Attribute + Ability + Specialty), it allows the Raksha in question to get a success over the difficulty threshold.

The charm "Imposition of Law" was built into an Adjuration Oath, a fairfolk artifact as per Adjuration Oath rules (Graceful, Wicked Masque pages 133 to 135).

Bear in mind that the effects of this oath will only function IF it is not broken by someone stealing the artifact from me somehow, or someone managing to get me to break the wording of said oath and have someone Unrighteous defeat me.

Sthiti Oath (Artifact 2 / 3 mp)
Attunement : 2m

The Oath of the Dashing Hero

"I shall not be defeated by the Unrighteous"

Imposition of Law (Dexterity + Martial Arts + Specialty While "unarmed") (ff p168)

Provides 1 success over threshold of difficulty of applicable rolls as long as no stunts or charms are used against the roll.

Defining the Parameters of Battle (ff p213)

Negates penalties to parry DVs and adds 6 to DV even if the attack is unblockable.
Also, page 77 of the errata pdf confirms that it applies to DVs.

Used as a defense, this Charm’s vulnerability to stunts and Charms is considered a unique Flaw of Invulnerability.
And since you'll likely ask about this as well...

[QUOTE="The manual of exalted power]Practitioners of Five-Dragon Style consider the straight sword
and the spear, and their artifact equivalents (the daiklave and the

dire lance), to be form weapons for their style. They can use these

weapons to supplement their Martial Arts attacks in lieu of more

traditional martial arts weapons. Five-Dragon Style Charms treat

attacks and defenses with these weapons as unarmed, and the style

is compatible with armor.

[/QUOTE]

but but small dice pools of 1 to 3 tend to botch more often... ;_;

Also, stunt die = motes or willpower back....

Haku said:
but but small dice pools of 1 to 3 tend to botch more often... ;_;
Also, stunt die = motes or willpower back....
Did you read the other scenes?

Have you seen how it worked so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back