[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Feantari said:
Also taking with the first group of people from cross to Mirunda. This has been planned in abstract IC. Can we get a number for troops rhapsody has?
xarvh said:
@Feantari: as far as I remember, Rhapsody hasn't yet tiger-trained anyone.
All numbers relative to your empire are here:

http://www.rpdom.com/threads/the-cross.50649/
Yep, I guess that's true. I had made some poor fictional assumptions. So, I'll edit the part where she leaves with anyone. She just goes by herself.

WlfSamurai said:
Yep, I guess that's true. I had made some poor fictional assumptions. So, I'll edit the part where she leaves with anyone. She just goes by herself.
I figured you had MALEK's tiger warriors. Argis isn't sending you and a bunch of settlers out with nothing else. Half the point was moving troops. Argis will very much intervene if she plans on wandering there alone or without troops.

I don't mind taking someone's troops. I could make a lot of fictional sense she drummed up Malek's TW and is leading them to Mirunda. I feel the like the planning will happen there.

I need to use some project postys.. but I don't think that has Malek's troops? I could be wrong though. I should check spreadsheet

I think it's one of those things we assumed would be handling itself as a "background task".

Malek spent a lot of time in The Cross, and so he had ample time to train guys to the max.

It never appeared in the IC because I never put it there, either because I forgot or because it was not pertinent at the time.

But it was definitely in our plans and I did pick the charms for a reason... it is extremely easy to train mortals with it (only 5 hours per week).

If you want, I still have 1 PP left I haven't used up yet (I planned to spend it on Nathir), but I could use it to build said unit to make up for that mistake.

JayTee said:
FTFY :tongue:
I left some parts out voluntarily ;)

Naaa, not really.

The whole point of TTT is that you need really little time to train them...

Lemme check.

Ok, you have 3 units (with enough officers to split them)

- 100 Hunters, extremely well trained, with decent equipment.

- 1200 Elite Soldiers (Martial Arts, no Melee) w decent equipment (what weapons do they have?)

If it makes sense to you guys, I will update the post.

Also, I'm moving 'The Delicate Art of Massive War' back in the scraps.

Malek uses mainly non lethal weapon, does not believe in killing (that may have changed recently though :D ), so it's going to be hardened fighting sticks & staves, tonfa, clubs, cesti, fighting gauntlets and boots.

It's primarily a force to secure our perimeters and push enemies back.

I should also note that at least 10% of those guys will also be well trained in War, because commanders can die in battles, and you need people to be able to step up as unit leaders.

As far as I am concerned, they have all maxed abilities you can give. ALL of them.

Also, please select their a main weapon or two, we need to calculate their stats.

I think perfect staves will do the job.

Siham can make those while he sleeps :D

Unless I missed something in 2.5 they should look something like this.

Speed 5 acc +2(+1) dmg +5B (+2) def +2(+1) Rate 2 Tags 2 M R

There's no more Perfect stuff in 2.5.

Also, Siham needs to make 1200 of those. He has crafters that can help, but might take a moment.

Ah no I did miss something.

Perfect equipment does not exist anymore.

Speed 5 acc +3 dmg +6B def 3 Rate 2 Tags 2 M R.

Which if I'm following the rules would make a unit/weapon look like

acc +7 dmg x + 5B def +7

Well, Flicker has been training the Cross's soldiers as well. Anybody she trains will have Melee as well as Martial Arts (her training Charm teaches Str, Sta, MA, Melee, Stealth, Survival).

Will she be training the same guys (increasing their stats past what Malek could do) or other people ?

1200 men with:

* Str, Sta, Melee, MA, War, Drill: 4

* Dex, Valor 3

* Spears (Acc+1, Dam 4L/7L, Def+2) upgraded to Excellent (Acc+2, Dam 5L/8L, Def+3)

* Target Shields (+1DV, -1 Mob) upgraded to Excellent (+1DV, -0 Mob)

* Lamellar Armour (6L, -2 Mob, 1 Fat)

MC stats:

-------------------

Speed: 5

Acc: +5

Def: +5

Dam: [Mag + 5]L / [Mag]L

Rate: 4

Armor Soak: 6L

Natural Soak: 8L

HLs per Mag: 8 + Mag

-------------------

I might review the HRMC soak and damage values, but this gives you an idea of what you have in Cross.

So if we plan to take 2 branches of troops to rescue or w/e that is 150 to 300 dudes. (Two mag 3 units). How many should we station in Mirunda and Cross Long term?

I'd say the largest number should go to Mirunda.

Both of them are protected against ghosts (Bloom in Mirunda, Salt Lines in Cross), but I believe there will always be more exalts stationed in Cross.

With the new rules on the Delegates it may not be as necessary to be present all the time.

A bad ass ally with natural access to TMA and committed access to celestial charms backed by hundreds of elite warriors (ahoo ahoo ahoo !!! :D ) should give us some peace of mind I guess.

Can Flicker already make some of her own ?

I agree with Cyl - the larger share of trained troops should go to Mirunda, because there won't be as many Exalted there.

Malek can choose to drop the charm gifting Melia, right? Would he do that as he gets worked over more and more, and resents/hates his family? Or will he keep the tie, as he's already invested a lot to make her powerful?

I was asking myself that same question today... I guess that even if Darth Malek resents her now, she could still be of use since he made her powerful.

Since he has not lost his primary focus (yet) he still wants to preserve the weak, only now he despises them for being who they are and needing him to intervene, so he's likely to use her instead to fix others' problems and handle the conquering part himself.

After all, he's too good now to handle menial tasks like putting food on the table... that's a job fit for an apprentice.

Yes, Flicker can create delegates by committing 10m.

Perhaps I should consider Silver Lunar Resolution to compensate...

Then don't forget to invest in the other MA enlightening charm from SotM, it exists for every celestial type IIRC, and it can bring your delegates to a natural essence 3, so even without the power you grant them, they can learn TMA and spells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back