[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I can't get the map to work on any computer I use, so I'm afraid that decision is left to others. I will recomend being away from it and close to a water source. Other than that...

May we spend xp in between scenes?

perception 2->3, 8xp 2 months

1st MA ex, 8xp 1 day

war 1->2, 2xp 1 week

awareness 2->3, 3xp immediate

some of those probably don't fit into the time between chapter 1 and 2 (I am also assuming you made a slight typo on xp thread, 1x2+1x4=6?, correct if I am wrong)

Yes, I was about to let you guys know about the training! ^^

Albane, Argis and Joyous Dove have about two weeks they can use for training.

Yup, badly miscalculated.

You get 6 xp.

Thanks for the fix.

Commit your XPs to perception, you can stunt your Perception training during Chapter 2 or just use it often.

Huh oh...

*prepares XP spending frantically*

EDIT: also, are we sufficiently far from the river that Albane had to fold the Cliff?

If there are any abilities you want that argis has I'm sure he'd be up for tutoring. :-p. (I had a non-favored ability in my list so also a wee bit curious)

As far as training expenses go...
I think I'll go with :

Call the Blade 8 XP, 2 days

Summoning the Loyal Steel 8 XP, 3 days

Melee 3: 3 XP

Payoff for the Artifact 4 blade: 6 XP

Total 25/28 XP

"Training montage": private swordsmanship katas in the Cliff's cargo hold, culminating in the unlocking of the understanding of the daiklave's power

Guys, I'm not going to be strict with training times.

Just find a source for the most exotic things (Occult, Spells, MA Charms and the like) and use some drama for things that you have to train for long time.

Just like Resonance/Limit, we use training times only as long as it's fun and gives sense.

In that case, how about Albane and Dove practice together? She's also going for Melee 3. :) (She's had few opportunities to train with a sword since her Exaltation...)

Arynne said:
Hmm...xarvh, how do you feel about the Ink Monkeys' Lunar Charms?
Depends which ones.

Requesting some of them will end up with a simple "Yeah, cool", while requesting some others will end up with me hysterically laughing my ass off at the mere thought of letting my PCs fuck up the game with them.

The specific ones I had my eye on were Feral Smile Tactic, Essential Moonsilver Affinity and (eventually) Beast Spirit Defense.

So how exactly are we handling xp expenditure and training time in this? I'm just wondering since I've got 31 xp banked and its burning a hole in my pocket.

- Ignore training times below one month

- Find a source to learn sorcery or non-hero MA charms

- Stunt to get around the first two points

- Exploit the training dramatically if possible

For Brekkir and Arynne, Argis has been unable to get Albane alone for some reason to talk to him, but he seems fairly comfortable with things. (Basically, he has decided that, while Albane is probably one of the sun touched, he does not seem bad, and he is a good friend to Argis. Argis realized he wasn't the one the girl was interested in, and isn't trying to get in the way of things. :-P I assume he still has no idea about Dove.)

Nope. She'll make sure of that. :P

So you'll miss out on the Exalted Power Combat sessions between Solar and Lunar, where they discover than being able to train against a fellow Celestial unlocks access to Charms they didn't have before...

My apologies for the delay.

Crazy Ivan, Sherwood, Middboss, you are in scene.

CI, I need your demons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back