[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Sherwood said:
I would think that the swarm of elementals that I summoned would be able to accomplish much of that also.
Are there any craft-specific elementals? I never bothered to look.

Hrm. Later tonight, will have to use this latest drama to extract a stunt or two worth of spell or MA learning. I have...ideas.

Norts said:
I sense demon punishing forthcoming. Or Walker dodging quite a lot.
"Dodging". If that's what you kids call it these days.

Speaking of which - does an anti-scrying field cut off the Neverborn from being able to detect resonance generating behaviors, or is the link enough to punch through that?

I would say that the Primordials are able to punch through such simple measures as a low level spell, even a dead one. Just my call, though.

CrazyIvan said:
resonance generating behaviors
Yeah, now that's how it's called... I'm going to use this one.

Exalted Pick Up Lines: "Hey gorgeous! I'm a Deathknight! Wanna generate some some Resonance with me?" *wink wink*

But yeah, Resonance is part of what an Abyssal is... You can't hide from what you are.

In other news, expect me to be under-responsive for a few days as I travel across the Atlantic.

IIRC having sex is not a sin (especially when the other party disagrees :twisted: ) of life, love is, having children is... so enjoy.

If you're interested in sparring for Martial Arts, Malek will probably be open, as Seraph said: "You do not truly know someone until you fight them." :wink:

cyl said:
as Seraph said: "You do not truly know someone until you fight them." :wink:
What followed was one of the most boring and pointless combats in the history of cinema, don't ever try that in my game. =P

Read pag 112 of the MEP.

Intentionally non-reproductive sex is no problem BUT it definitely counts as time spent building a positive intimacy for Cunning Fangs and earns you Resonance.

Also, actively defending the refugees or the other Exalts earns you Resonance.

By my calculations, Walker is just about to explode.

Uh, another thing.

I would like you guys to take care of increasing your Limits by yourselves.

I simply won't be able to remember every time, or burn my brain to remember your 10x4=40 virtue values.

Canonically, though, isn't one's relationship with a Lunar mate outside the Neverborn's reach?

Here we go. The Scroll of Errata, p. 48, sez:

"The mystical ties that bind Lunar Exalted to their Solar mates offer Abyssal Exalted a tiny sliver of hope. Resonance is never gained from sins of life directly associated with the appropriate Lunar. If the deathknight's mate calls her by her forsaken name, she may answer to it. She can protect her mate from harm and love her with a positive Intimacy. The two can even have children together safely, for all that the Neverborn impotently roar in fury. If the Abyssal actually does hold a positive Intimacy for her mate, the protection goes even farther, shielding her from sins of death so long as her actions are in direct support or defense of the Lunar. Thus, an Abyssal with no positive Intimacy could safely protect her mate from demons, though not a horde of specters (since the sin of death for opposing creatures of death still applies even though defending the specific life is permitted). With a positive Intimacy, the deathknight can safely ignore her Liege's command to murder her mate and can even fight the Deathlord in defense of that one precious life."

I like the irony involved myself. Doing Noble Stuff, Being Kind to Others and Helping People is the royal road to redemption, but it puts anybody you help in terrible danger. The solution is to let your Lunar do all the noble heroic deeds and save people from peril while you just...watch her back, like a good little sidekick.

The ghosts of the First Age Lunars must be laughing their asses off. For that matter, Luna is probably laughing too.

(It makes sense, tho, thematically, since the Neverborn, the Deathlords and the Abyssals are all about ego and selfishness: they want their own release/revenge/survival even if it means destroying everybody and everything. I'm getting mine, so screw you! no matter how much they may try to rationalize it. As has been pointed out elsewhere, the Abyssals aren't the Exalted of death, they're the Exalted of murder. Leaving that path should require an experience of humility.)

CF may have to hit up River to teach her Elemental Summoning, since everyone is making such a fuss ;) Freebee Station of Tutelage.

For that fixing part issue on the warstrider, can I remind people that Siham has crack mending technique. Quite a few parts can be fixed on that thing I bet by using that trick. And what about craftsmen need no tools ?

Argh!

Curses you, apocryphal scripts!

Nice to know.

I think Walker's Resonance needs to be cut from a dangerous 8 to a threatening 4 then.

Actually, having the Mate work on their behalf wouldn't cut it: http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/inde ... Redemption

Finding insights on the Four Virtues is also an important requirement.

EDIT

Also: http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/inde ... #Dark_Fate

Even if the Neverborn are destroyed, you'll continue to gain Resonance.

@Siham: Crack-Mending Technique will surely help, but can't do it alone.

What about the parts you can't access?

What about the systems you can't diagnose?

What about the materials that just got rotten after centuries in a jungle?

What about the animals and critters that nest in every small space?

Think about the tools you find in a car workshop, and compare them to those you find in a car's trunk: why do they allow for different degrees of repair.

I'm gonna explode?! I don't wanna explode! :shock:

In some seriousness, though, I figured I've been gaining some Resonance, but we haven't really been playing long enough together for me to know how you adjudicate this xarvh. I definitely have at least 2 probably from just the first fight, with more gained from my "stealthy night guard" actions. Could I maybe have a general idea of what you consider appropriate for gaining resonance? That way I'll be able to track it on my own.

It is really up to you.

If it is an interesting dramatic device, if it makes the game interesting and more challenging, that's more points.

It it's just something that annoys you, we keep it very low.

The way I see it, vvery single time you made the conscious choice of guarding the settlement or hunting for the others, you should get a point.

In few weeks, this alone would have caused you to erupt badly twice already.

Depending on the experience Walker has with the phenomenon, he may have limited it drastically.

Quick question: what phase of the moon is it right now? I should have asked this sooner -- it's rather important for a Lunar, especially a Casteless one!

Oh shit, even the calendary noe.... :mrgreen:

Changing Moon.

Crescent.

Leaving in some hours.

Maybe I'll have the time to learn the Exalted calendar while traveling.

We are in the middle of the spring, anyway.

Hmm, I fall somewhere in between. It should be dramatically appropriate, I think. When it would just bog things down with unnecessary complication, Resonance should GTFO, but if it would provide an interesting turn in the story at that time, then it should rear its ugly head at full force.

Hmmm, so given the state of affairs, I think Walker is going to have a day's sojourn far from the camp, to fix this growing problem.

Aw crap, and I was planning to have Malek make a round recon trip around the Caldera to get more info on the terrain.

Oh well, there's a chance I don't spot the resonance effects :roll:

Chapter 2 should be up later today.

CrazyIvan: the NEXT post of yours within the Emperors of the Fading Suns board MUST be a list of the demons you summoned and the task each was assigned to.

I will delete any other post you make.

Please reference manual and page for each kind of demon.

Sherwood: I need the same for your elementals, but your list has lower priority since elementals are less of a liability than demons.

All the others: I need to know where is the settlement with respect to the Caldera and the high plain.

You will start all together, then decide how to split or organize yourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back